Matt DiBenedetto appreciation thread

I feel like this might be a one year prove it deal like he did with the 95, but there will be a lot of openings next year I believe. If he runs as well as I think he can he will get a good ride long term. I still think Cindric is in the plans of the 21 long term

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe the 14 and 41 will be available after next year if performance remains flat. Can't really understand the justification for keeping Bowyer another year even though he squeaked into the playoff. Suarez is young and should be given another year imo.

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe the 14 and 41 will be available after next year if performance remains flat. Can't really understand the justification for keeping Bowyer another year even though he squeaked into the playoff. Suarez is young and should be given another year imo.

Suarez brings money and is better than the last ride buyer they had (Danica) so he's probably safe for a while.

I don't view Saurez as a ride buyer. He's an Xfinity champion who competed against guys like Erik Jones. Yep he has big money behind him him but he has skills too.

Suarez brings money and is better than the last ride buyer they had (Danica) so he's probably safe for a while.
Keep in mind....if you had Menard's money you could throw Suarez's money away and never notice a difference. Granted, Suarez's benefactor is richer, but Menard has it in his pocket.

Menard is stepping away from full time specifically to enhance the opportunities of the sport...do not forget that. Imagine what ARCA, Xfinity, Gander Trucks, and the Cup would be like without the Menard's support. Quite sure, even though John is as hard nose as there is, he still supported his son's endeavor...more from the outside than directly though. Please note, John never specifically sponsored Paul since he was sixteen and running street stocks in Wisconsin.

Big day for Matt D. It would be sweet if they locked him in for a couple years, let the dude sleep at night. Lol

Big day for Matt D. It would be sweet if they locked him in for a couple years, let the dude sleep at night. Lol
I read a twitter post that said the Woods twitter account was hacked and that it was fake News. I would love for Matty D to drive the 21 but I'm a little skeptical that this would evolve so fast and without rumors.

Daddys Money is all over this sport from its inception. Its not unique.

"It's the family business."
--Kyle Petty humbly speaking about his driving career in NASCAR in an interview many years ago that I watched and listened to.

I read a twitter post that said the Woods twitter account was hacked and that it was fake News. I would love for Matty D to drive the 21 but I'm a little skeptical that this would evolve so fast and without rumors.
Whose Twitter account did you read this on?

great news,for matt d and ford and he is in a way better (family) with the wood brothers.

Blaney just finished 9th in the championship in that seat two years ago. Stats weren’t far off from what he did in his first ‘true’ Penske Cup ride last year. It’s a good piece.

Placating the reddit/Twitter mafia is a blessing for us all as well.
Naw, Blaney's first true Penske car was the 21. The only difference is in the reversed numbers.

menards brickyard win was a fluke, if you don't think so, you didn't watch that race. YES the 21 car is really a penske car. Its prepared in the penske race shop. Also interesting to me was we all know paul menard brings all the sponsorship money to the table. If there is a fully sponsored car and the 21 car wasn't really a penske car, wouldn't roger have wanted menard and his money to run one of his cars? Better yet wouldn't paul menard have wanted to run a real penske car as well? the answer is yes to both questions. That to me proves the 21 car is every bit of a penske car that the 2 others are.

this is a big move for matt D, The 95 car will never be a furniture row car like the 78 was. Its interesting how something seemingly bad at the time turns out to be a blessing in disguise. if Matt had resigned with the 95 there wouldn't have been the opportunity with the 21 car. Christopher bell instead is going to the 95 which everyone knows is not really a car that will compete for wins. and its not meant to be a lasting place for bell either. So in the end Matt, gets the way way better end of the stick here. the 21 car can win races with a real driver,

iam so glad he didnt jump in to the ragan 38 car and miss out on the 21 car

menards brickyard win was a fluke, if you don't think so, you didn't watch that race. YES the 21 car is really a penske car. Its prepared in the penske race shop. Also interesting to me was we all know paul menard brings all the sponsorship money to the table. If there is a fully sponsored car and the 21 car wasn't really a penske car, wouldn't roger have wanted menard and his money to run one of his cars? Better yet wouldn't paul menard have wanted to run a real penske car as well? the answer is yes to both questions. That to me proves the 21 car is every bit of a penske car that the 2 others are.

this is a big move for matt D, The 95 car will never be a furniture row car like the 78 was. Its interesting how something seemingly bad at the time turns out to be a blessing in disguise. if Matt had resigned with the 95 there wouldn't have been the opportunity with the 21 car. Christopher bell instead is going to the 95 which everyone knows is not really a car that will compete for wins. and its not meant to be a lasting place for bell either. So in the end Matt, gets the way way better end of the stick here. the 21 car can win races with a real driver,
OK :rolleyes:

I'm not the biggest DiBenedetto fanboy like everybody else, but he deserves a ride like the 21.

I don't know what I'm happier about...Matt D getting a good ride or the retiring of another "Daddy's Money" driver who has done absolutely nothing in 15 years.
95+% of drivers are "money drivers"...this is the most expensive sport in the world and it usually requires wealthy parents to get their kids started in racing.

With that said, Matt D absolutely deserves a chance in better equipment and I'm thrilled.

95+% of drivers are "money drivers"...
There is a lot of family money being spent in the minor league development series. Think of it as tuition at an expensive trade school. But it's very rare at the level of Nascar Cup Series racing. Among current drivers, there is only one - Paul Menard - that broke into the Cup Series by bringing family money. (I'm not counting a small handful of underfunded backmarkers that rent seats to unqualified kids like Timmy Hill and Jeb Burton.)

I believe the narrative that racing is just for the rich, which is trendy in social media, is incorrect as well as demeaning to many ordinary guys that have had success as racers.

Paul Menard's reaction to all the chatter about "Daddy's Money" . . . .

paul menard.jpg

Back
Top Bottom