Matt DiBenedetto appreciation thread

I put my dog down 2 weeks ago.
Dug a grave for him.
Had tears in my eyes as I dug.
Didn't need a hug.
I just cared about him.
Guess I'm a wuss.

Big difference -- grieving for a beloved dog vs feeling sorry for yourself...

Matt D puts on a pretty good front, but I believe he is a phony.
Every young Nascar driver goes through a training stage. None of them in my opinion are the real
person. However, regardless of what they say or how they act, they must still perform in the car and I think Matt has done that.

Because the story we have watched unfold right in front of our eyes in the form of a young man outperforming garbage equipment for years before finally getting a bit of an opportunity to achieve more in LFR machinery, only to be shuffled aside within a year, then thankfully find a new competitive ride and potentially be destined for great things is all just plain phony.

Where do you people come up with this stuff?

MattyD does a great job representing whomever he drives for. He just seems genuinely appreciative to be in the sport with the chance to drive. Hard not to like that type of guy.

Everybody has an image. His is appealing. Winners don't have to work as harden their images.

Gotta commend Menards for fulfilling their commitment with Paul out of the car.

On a bored Sunday down under with rain in Vegas I was having a look at my local betting agency and placed $20 on DiBennidetto to win the championship.
Why not?
c595c270b1a64402b755e65a92b66437.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Majeski has pulled a number of those this year. Plenty more have been where that came from from many in the field this year.

I think Matt's one of the last people that should be saying "I have no idea what was going through their mind"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think Matt's one of the last people that should be saying "I have no idea what was going through their mind"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Matt has said and dumb some questionable (to say the least) stuff over the years but he’s absolutely right here. Even for a third-tier national series the driving standards are about as bad as they’ve been. Guys just making moves that don’t even make sense on a PS5, let alone with real equipment, real livelihoods, and real budgets.

Back
Top Bottom