Michigan Pre-race Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Did you know that this is the last track that Dale Jr. won a race at? Get ready to hear that ad nauseum this weekend. I sure hope that it turns out to be a good race after last weekend. I have to admit I'm a little worried. Seriously they can't even come up with a good nickname for this venue. Well, we still have the 'Irish Hills' reference. I guess that's as good as it gets.

EVENT SCHEDULE
(Sprint Cup Series)​

Times are local to the Track
Thursday, June 13
6:00 pm NSCS Haulers Enter​
Friday, June 14
6:30 am NSCS Garage Opens
10:00 am ARCA Racing Series Qualifying
11:30 am - 1:00 pm NSCS Practice
1:10 - 3:25 pm NNS Final Practice
3:35 pm NSCS Qualifying
5:00 pm ARCA Pre-Race Activities & Driver Introductions
5:15 pm ARCA Series Race
6:00 pm NSCS Garage Closes​
Saturday, June 15
8:00 am NSCS Garage Opens
9:30 - 10:25 am NSCS Practice
10:35 am NNS Qualifying
12:30 - 1:30 pm NSCS Final Practice
1:45 pm NNS Pre-Race Activities & Driver Introductions
2:15 pm NNS Race
4:00 pm NSCS Garage Closes​
Sunday, June 16
7:00 am NSCS Garage Opens
11:00 am NSCS Driver/Crew Chief Meeting
12:30 Pre-Race Activities & Driver Introductions
1:00 NSCS Race - Quicken Loans 400​
NSCS = Sprint Cup Series
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Times are local to the Track

• From 2008-2012 a typical Michigan race had 21.0 lead changes, 5.9 cautions for 25.1 laps, and an average green-flag run of 25.4 laps.

Thank you Dan, I have been waiting on this.

Actually, Jr's last two races were won at this track and I was there and I will be there this time as well. :)
I hope you get to see the third. One, because I'm a fan. Two, because I picked him for Spike's game this week.

Have a great time this weekend!

Thank you Dan, I have been waiting on this.

Actually, Jr's last two races were won at this track and I was there and I will be there this time as well. :)

Traditionally comes down to a fuel mileage race because there aren't many cautions . The boo birds will be out on this forum , but I ,for one, will love the race . The pit calls and pit crews will play a big role ,as they should in a 'team sport' . Have a great day Smoke14 .

Traditionally comes down to a fuel mileage race because there aren't many cautions . The boo birds will be out on this forum , but I ,for one, will love the race . The pit calls and pit crews will play a big role ,as they should in a 'team sport' . Have a great day Smoke14 .

You and I have a love of racing in common. I can count on one finger the only bad race I was actually at.

Sounds like TRD is putting a bit more power back in their engines this weekend. Pocono is the only race so far this season where neither JGR nor MWR led a lap.

Michigan is a wide multi groove track, some will be rim riding and plenty of bottom feeding. I think the Gen6 car will make it a good race.

Toyo says they are turning the wick back up on the engines. They said they got too conservative last week but all engines survived so I imagine they will up the power a little bit at a time. Michigan is definitely a horse power track.

I guess they forgot Kenseth, his car had power issues, haven't heard what the problem was, but he said it was the engine.

Ever since the repave the races have been great. Here's to hoping it stays that way. And here's to also hoping Mark Martin doesn't get shish kabobed on a pit box.

NASCAR [ Back to Top ]
Quicken Loans 400
Sunday, 16 June 2013
Driver JustBet
Jimmie Johnson 4-1
Matt Kenseth 7-1
Kasey Kahne 7-1
Dale Earnhardt Jr. 8-1
Denny Hamlin 10-1
Kyle Busch 10-1
Carl Edwards 12-1
Tony Stewart 12-1
Brad Keselowski 12-1
Kurt Busch 15-1
Greg Biffle 15-1
Kevin Harvick 18-1
Jeff Gordon 18-1
Martin Truex Jr. 25-1
Clint Bowyer 25-1
Ryan Newman 40-1
Joey Logano 40-1
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 40-1
Mark Martin 60-1
Jamie McMurray 60-1
Juan Montoya 60-1
Aric Almirola 100-1
Marcos Ambrose 100-1
Jeff Burton 100-1
Paul Menard 100-1
Trevor Bayne 500-1
Danica Patrick 500-1
Field ( Any Other Driver )
75-1

Descriptive Forecast
Saturday
mostlycloudy.gif
Overcast. High of 75F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. Fog overnight. Low of 63F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point 52 | 45 66 | 58 73 | 64 65 | 63
Wind 3 mph SSE 6 mph South 8 mph SSW 8 mph SSW
Humidity 73% 74% 74% 95%
Chance of Precip. 0% 0% 10% 20%
Cloud Cover 41% 100% 100% 89%
Conditions Partly Cloudy Overcast Overcast Chance of a Thunderstorm
Sunrise & Sunset
6:00 AM
9:14 PM

Descriptive Forecast
Sunday
chancetstorms.gif
Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain. Fog early. High of 77F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Sunday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm. Low of 64F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point 63 | 63 74 | 69 72 | 70 67 | 65
Wind 8 mph SSW 5 mph West 9 mph West 6 mph West
Humidity 99% 85% 93% 95%
Chance of Precip. 30% 10% 10% 10%
Cloud Cover 100% 100% 100% 100%
Conditions Chance of a Thunderstorm Overcast Fog Overcast
Sunrise & Sunset
6:00 AM
9:15 PM

I just dropped $50 on Danica.

NASCAR [ Back to Top ]
Quicken Loans 400
Sunday, 16 June 2013
Driver JustBet
Jimmie Johnson 4-1
Matt Kenseth 7-1
Kasey Kahne 7-1
Dale Earnhardt Jr. 8-1
Denny Hamlin 10-1
Kyle Busch 10-1
Carl Edwards 12-1
Tony Stewart 12-1
Brad Keselowski 12-1
Kurt Busch 15-1
Greg Biffle 15-1
Kevin Harvick 18-1
Jeff Gordon 18-1
Martin Truex Jr. 25-1
Clint Bowyer 25-1
Ryan Newman 40-1
Joey Logano 40-1
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 40-1
Mark Martin 60-1
Jamie McMurray 60-1
Juan Montoya 60-1
Aric Almirola 100-1
Marcos Ambrose 100-1
Jeff Burton 100-1
Paul Menard 100-1
Trevor Bayne 500-1
Danica Patrick 500-1
Field ( Any Other Driver )
75-1

I think the reason that it quit making power may have had something to do with the spin he got in...

He said that something was wrong with his car right after the lap 130 restart and just before he got tangled up with #42.

I'm making an effort to be somewhat more positive this week(it won't be easy with TNT). I can't change it so no need in going on about it all race long so here we go. Something positive about TNT........give me a minute.............

Oh! We won't be hearing about Fox Sports 1:)

I'm making an effort to be somewhat more positive this week(it won't be easy with TNT). I can't change it so no need in going on about it all race long so here we go. Something positive about TNT........give me a minute.............

So you'll be skipping qualifying and practice?

I wouldn't bet on that. Old Faithful never fails erupt.

After the news of Jason Leffler being killed we should all appreciate every driver who takes the track this and every other weekend. You love them or hate them but they risk their life putting on a show for us. I wanna give a round of applause to every driver.

I think Matt said he was losing power before the spin with Montoya. If Ford and Toyota turn the power up, we may be watching a grenade race between those 2 camps.

A little more info on the TRD engines this weekend:

TRD increases power in some engines: A week after decreasing power in favor of durability, Toyota Racing Development is adjusting engines on some of the six Sprint Cup cars it supplies to recapture speed. Joe Gibbs Racing's #11-Denny Hamlin, who needs to win races to become a Chase contender after missing four races with a back injury, in particular will get more power. "Hamlin will be a little more full blown," Jimmy Makar, vice president for race operations at JGR, told ESPN.com on Friday. TRD, which builds engines for JGR and Michael Waltrip Racing, took a more conservative path with its engines at Pocono after blowing two engines the week before at Dover and three in two weeks. MWR will stay with last week's engine package on the cars of #15-Clint Bowyer and #56-Martin Truex Jr., but Mark Martin's #55 will be "all out," according to crew chief Rodney Childers. Makar said JGR will use several packages between #18-Kyle Busch, Hamlin and #20-Matt Kenseth in an attempt to find the right mix before the Chase.

Father's Day race at Michigan was the very first race I attended in person in the mid 90s. I bought tics and hubby and I made the race the center weekend of his vacation. That started my binge of attending races ---sometimes 7 a year.

I enjoy Michigan because you have cars all over the track, top to bottom.

Back
Top Bottom