Might be the end of Hooters in NASCAR.

How can you be hurt by a business that operates during hours you aren't open anyway?

And how can J'ville not already have a Waffle House? They're reliably okay but they're not going to put a decent local breakfast-and-lunch joint out of business.
Jacksonville has three Awful House locations.

I don’t live in Jacksonville, I just work there. I live outside of Swansboro.

I’m getting ready to go in here and try this new joint…
74226630098__DFA8871B-29A0-4CD0-ACC5-8D9DFA3FBB17.jpeg

I’m getting ready to go in here and try this new joint…View attachment 79273
Good stuff, but they aren't near us. We've been a time or two on the road.

I haven't heard of Culvers before this discussion. I checked their web site and they're not within an hour of my previous or new homes, or anywhere I expect to be soon. I didn't bother checking the menu.

Good stuff, but they aren't near us. We've been a time or two on the road.

I haven't heard of Culvers before this discussion. I checked their web site and they're not within an hour of my previous or new homes, or anywhere I expect to be soon. I didn't bother checking the menu.
The Better Butter Burger.

See, around here, it’s the same ingredients as the locally owned restaurants. There are A LOT of regulations that, in many counties or states, prohibit restaurants from getting higher quality, fresher ingredients. Just about everything you eat at a restaurant comes from Sysco, Performance, or US Foods.

Please explain this in detail as to your source of information, this statement makes no sense at all.:idunno:

There are A LOT of regulations that, in many counties or states, prohibit restaurants from getting higher quality, fresher ingredients.

Please explain this in detail as to your source of information, this statement makes no sense at all.:idunno:

There are A LOT of regulations that, in many counties or states, prohibit restaurants from getting higher quality, fresher ingredients.

In many places, restaurants have to get their ingredients from US Foods, Sysco, or Performance. Buying from a local fisherman or a local farmer is frowned upon, or outright illegal in places, because of reasons. If a restaurant serves alcohol, those requirements might be stricter than if they don't serve alcohol.

Wawa food is soooo overrated. It’s incredibly convenient but very meh food wise. That said, I’m happy for people that are getting wawas built near them.

-Says a guy who’s been spoiled by Wawa his whole life and has about 8 within a 10 minute drive. I literally drive by 5 on my 30 minute drive to work and have one connected to my neighborhood 200 yards from where I’m sitting right now.
Compared to the usual gas station/convenience store options around here, the food range and customizations are incredible. Also better quality than a lot of the usual fast food stuffs. And the locations are always clean. They’ve gotten super popular around here in a hurry.

I eat WAWA's Italian hoagie all the time, order on app ready when I get there, plenty of meat and add ons, no complaints from me. Beats going to Subway and eating meat so thin sliced you could read a newspaper through it and hardly any on the samitch.
I get my gas on the app as well and from time to time I can get 30 cent a gallon off by using the accumulated points.

Compared to the usual gas station/convenience store options around here, the food range and customizations are incredible. Also better quality than a lot of the usual fast food stuffs. And the locations are always clean. They’ve gotten super popular around here in a hurry.

Even the stuff already prepared at Wawa is fresher than fast food, and you're in and out quicker.

Back in the early days they hired a certain type of wimmins (Greg speak)
Then they started hiring any wimmins.
Now you might see the lumps in the orange shorts instead of the white tank tops.

I don't know how a restaurant like Hooters or Twin Peaks can survive in today's, um, "political climate."

As for fast food, Culver's is good. The only chain I can think of that's at that level while still being truly fast food is Dairi-O. My daughter worked at Dairi-O and I was genuinely shocked how good it was for a fast food burger place.

Darling Bride and I don't get the apparent obsession with Chick-Fil-A. Yes, the it's better than average for fast food, and the service is top notch. But those are some looooooong lines at both drive-thru and counter, and jam-packed parking lots to navigate. We don't feel like putting up with those to get a fast-food lunch, esp. if we're in a hurry. See you during the off hours.

I see no love for Outback Steakhouse, which makes me sad.

Any Bob Evans fans? Sausage gravy you can stand your fork in, and the only chain I know with fried mush.

Cracker Barrel gets my vote as the Most Inconsistent Chain. Some rock, some reek.

I don’t have an expense account and I'm not trying to score with my prom date.
The old girl parlayed a $22,000 second mortgage on her house into a $715 Million Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse) buyout.

I like mine medium rare.

Ruth’s Chris.

Go big or go home. 😎
I have thought about trying them out, I just wasn't sure if the quality matched the price.
I have ate a few really nice places at some corporate dinners but the food in those places tend to disappoint based on the high expectations that I have based the price.

Usually Longhorns, City Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse, California Dreaming, and Outback is about as much as I will spend of my own money.

But if Ruth Chris is truly a step above I will give it a try.

Quincy's? Golden Corral? Same concept and level of quality. Outback didn't impress me as worth what they charged.
I used to like Outback, but at least in our area, I don't think its as good as it used to be, and again, I think Texas Roundhouse offers more bang for the buck.

Back
Top Bottom