Might be the end of Hooters in NASCAR.

I don't touch ANY food product that has the word "salad" in it
I -assume- you eat chicken and mayo. If you will also eat celery and nuts, you might consider trying chicken salad. That's all that's in the most basic form of it. The Chick does about a dozen variations but they do have a section of the menu titled "For Those of You That Were Dragged Here", with ham, turkey, or pimento cheese sandwiches.

Arby's does a seasonal chicken salad in the summer. Subway is also offering it this summer but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Mine's better than any of those joints. 3 cups of shredded rosemary and tarragon roasted thighs; 3 cups of diced veggies (celery, carrots, apples, raisins or grapes or dried cranberries, walnuts or pecans or almonds, minced jalapeno); 1 cup Duke's mayo with a tablespoon of curry powder and some fresh cilantro. Serve in a wrap, pita, kaiser roll, etc. I've tailgated with this more times than I can count.

Darling Bride and I don't get the apparent obsession with Chick-Fil-A. Yes, the it's better than average for fast food, and the service is top notch. But those are some looooooong lines at both drive-thru and counter, and jam-packed parking lots to navigate. We don't feel like putting up with those to get a fast-food lunch, esp. if we're in a hurry. See you during the off hours.
The lines are pretty quick tbh. They can get about eight or nine cars through line faster than most places can get three. At least around here. Been there before when they’ve been packed, like 4 or 5 cars keep on both sides, and was out of there within 2 or 3 minutes because they send people out with a tablet to take your order while you’re in the line.

Does Roadhouse still have the shelled peanuts by the door? If so, that's for the win.
They stopped or don't offer them anywhere near my home.

But I ate at a Texas Roadhouse in NC near the Virgina border two weeks ago that had them in the individual pre-packaged bags. That was good for us and we took a couple of bags with us for the drive.

I am not sure if they started back everywhere else or not.

BTW- Five guys hamburgers has the free peanuts available to eat why you are waiting. I always grab a hand full to take with me.

Oh yeah; COVID probably killed that.
This is the way they were offerred to us a couple of weeks ago

download.jpeg

I've been to Outback a few times, and was never impressed. Longhorn is wayyyy better, and Texas Roadhouse is better too IMO (and way cheaper).

I used to enjoy Hooters when we had one locally (15+ years ago) just because it was cheap. I think they had something crazy like $1 draft nights on Thursdays. They moved out of Columbus and my local Hooters became a Roosters, which I absolutely love and frequent on a weekly basis. My fantasy football league held our draft at Twin Peaks last year and it was OK.

Never been to Wawa, but I enjoy the convenience of Sheetz and Buc-ee's for a quick bite.

Culvers is probably the best fast food experience I've ever had. Honestly, Dairy Queen is pretty good too.

Reactions: sdj
Never been to Wawa, but I enjoy the convenience of Sheetz and Buc-ee's for a quick bite.
I may be the only one here who actively avoids Buc-ee's. Too crowded, too large to navigate quickly, just overall too slow for my preferences. Most places I can get fueled up, hit the can, get a drink, and be back on the road before I can get parked and in the door at Buc-ee's. I'm not interested in my pit stop being a destination in itself.

I don't think I've had access to Wawa or Sheetz in my travels.

• Love
Me, once and done, never again.

I despise Chipotle simply because of their business model. They used to be known for huge burritos at a fair price. Now you have to pay an extra $5 just to get an extra tablespoon of meat. They totally skimp on the good stuff and the burritos end up being half the size as they were years ago, for 3x the price.

Also, if you order online, they will either screw it up or use even less meat/cheese since they aren't making it in front of you. It's basically a tortilla with rice. Sometimes you can't even walk in and order food, they will say online orders only. They are frequently out of ingredients. They will hire any lazy stoner with a pulse. Sometimes their "fresh ingredients" like steak are hard and rubbery.

F*** Chipotle.

• Love
I may be the only one here who actively avoids Buc-ee's. Too crowded, too large to navigate quickly, just overall too slow for my preferences. I'm not interested in my pit stop being a destination in itself.

When it's crowded with a bunch of mouth breathers wandering around aimlessly, it sucks. When it's not too busy, I actually love it. Perfect stop for a piss break (super nice bathrooms) when traveling, and a million great food options. Even when they are busy, I can get in and out of there quickly. Everything about Buc-ee's is efficient.

Even when they are busy, I can get in and out of there quickly. Everything about Buc-ee's is efficient.
Sure, the johns are clean, but they're farther from the door than some other gas stations' entire lots. Then the cold drinks are another zip code away. I will give the cash register operation high marks for efficiency; it's everything leading up to that point that slows me down. Give me Love's or Pilot instead. The bathrooms are usually pretty good and the parking lot isn't the size of some state parks.

If it was 2am without the knuckle-draggers, and I didn't have to drive a football field from the gas pump to find an open parking spot, I'd definitely consider it. Then again, if it was 2am, I wouldn't be on the road.

I tried Chipotle once, I wasn't impressed. Same with Baja Fresh. We also have Sharky's out here, woodfired Mexican grill. Sharky's is tasty and uses non-GMO ingredients, but they are overpriced. Asada burrito with rice, beans, salsa will set you back $17.50

• Wow
I will give the cash register operation high marks for efficiency; it's everything leading up to that point that slows me down.

Generally speaking, that's what I hate the most about crowds. Way too many idiots just puttering around, randomly stopping or getting in your way, impeding the flow of traffic, paying zero attention to their surroundings, completely oblivious to any other people in their vicinity. That's definitely the annoying thing about a place like Buc-ee's. But we stopped there a few Mondays ago in the middle of the afternoon (Richmond, KY) and it wasn't bad at all. I got a Texas cheesesteak burrito and a brisket sandwich and really enjoyed them both.

I despise Chipotle simply because of their business model. They used to be known for huge burritos at a fair price. Now you have to pay an extra $5 just to get an extra tablespoon of meat. They totally skimp on the good stuff and the burritos end up being half the size as they were years ago, for 3x the price.

Also, if you order online, they will either screw it up or use even less meat/cheese since they aren't making it in front of you. It's basically a tortilla with rice. Sometimes you can't even walk in and order food, they will say online orders only. They are frequently out of ingredients. They will hire any lazy stoner with a pulse. Sometimes their "fresh ingredients" like steak are hard and rubbery.

F*** Chipotle.
All fair comments lol. Seems like since covid they really cracked down on the serving sizes and nickel and diming.

Im buddy buddy with the workers at the chipotle I go to so they load my bowls up and don't charge me for the extra. Any time I go to another chipotle all of your comments are accurate, so I rarely go to my nonlocal location.

All fair comments lol. Seems like since covid they really cracked down on the serving sizes and nickel and diming.

Im buddy buddy with the workers at the chipotle I go to so they load my bowls up and don't charge me for the extra. Any time I go to another chipotle all of your comments are accurate, so I rarely go to my nonlocal location.

I think you nailed it. They really went downhill after COVID.

Last time I went there, my bowl with extras (tortilla on the side, double steak, add queso) was like $22. Haven't been back since

Culver's is hands down the best fast food burger. Completely mops the floor with the cult favorite In-n-Out. Five Guys is still up there, as is Shake Shack.

Culver's is hands down the best fast food burger. Completely mops the floor with the cult favorite In-n-Out. Five Guys is still up there, as is Shake Shack.
I'm not a fan of Five Guys. The bun disintegrates in two bites, good fries, though.
I like Fatburger, although I might only have a fast food burger once a month.
In N Out isn't the best burger but it is a good burger that is consistent, regardless of location. There are lines out the driveway from the time they open until closing time.

I'm not a fan of Five Guys. The bun disintegrates in two bites, good fries, though.
I like Fatburger, although I might only have a fast food burger once a month.
In N Out isn't the best burger but it is a good burger that is consistent, regardless of location. There are lines out the driveway from the time they open until closing time.
I need to try Fat Burger, we got a couple here in AZ just not in my immediate area. And good point on Five Guys, definitely not a to-go option whatsoever lol

I -assume- you eat chicken and mayo. If you will also eat celery and nuts, you might consider trying chicken salad. That's all that's in the most basic form of it. The Chick does about a dozen variations but they do have a section of the menu titled "For Those of You That Were Dragged Here", with ham, turkey, or pimento cheese sandwiches.

I make it a goal in life to NEVER eat a cold sandwich. I MAY have sent a ham and cheese sandwich out on a practice run at Pocono nestled in the oil tank compartment to warm it up......

I have, many times, heated Dinty Moore beef stew and or Beany Weenies on the intake manifold of the truck I was working out of back in the late 60's and early to mid 70's. Nice and warm at lunchtime. Put'em on the manifold when you started out in the morning, worked great.

I also like a cold baloney samich with mayo and lettuce on soft white bread, still eat them now from time to time. Also fry some for breakfast as well. Another good combo is, Buttered white bread with baloney and sharp cheddar, put in a press, heat till cheese melt and baloney hot, MMM MMM Good!

I have, many times, heated Dinty Moore beef stew and or Beany Weenies on the intake manifold of the truck I was working out of back in the late 60's and early to mid 70's. Nice and warm at lunchtime. Put'em on the manifold when you started out in the morning, worked great.

I also like a cold baloney samich with mayo and lettuce on soft white bread, still eat them now from time to time. Also fry some for breakfast as well. Another good combo is, Buttered white bread with baloney and sharp cheddar, put in a press, heat till cheese melt and baloney hot, MMM MMM Good!
On top of the intake is an ideal location to heat up a breakfast burrito. :)

If anyone wants a good laugh look up Utah soda shops. There is a local chain called Swig that has dozens and dozens of shops that sell $6 sodas with coffee creamer in them. Because that's a thing here...for some reason

If anyone wants a good laugh look up Utah soda shops. There is a local chain called Swig that has dozens and dozens of shops that sell $6 sodas with coffee creamer in them. Because that's a thing here...for some reason
I used to work with a guy that bought 3 or 4 cold coffees per 12 hour shift. He was spending about $15 a day just for the coffee.

• Wow
My only complaint about Longhorn Steakhouse is that they put butter on the steak. I almost sent it back. Now that I know, I will order it without butter. Also, the steak was a bit too salty for me. Otherwise, it was great.

The service at the Outback in Sebring Florida "SUCKS", the steaks are tough and the wait staff sucks. None of my money will be spent there again.
I went to that exact Outback 5 years ago and had the same experience. Guess it hasn’t changed. The one up here near me in New York is great.

Back
Top Bottom