Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

Freddie Rahmer will have a new ride in 2022

Shocked to read that Freddie Rahmer holds down a full-time job as a stainless steel fabricator for a local company in addition to driving the family-owned sprint car. He is reigning track champion at both Williams Grove and Lincoln Speedway. Central PA must have 410 sprint shows at least three or four nights per week.

With this move to the Eichelberger-owned #8 car, Rahmer plans to race a full slate of Central PA races and will also strap in the family-owned #51 about 20-25 times per year. He will continue competing for the Williams Grove and Lincoln track championships and for "the overall 410 title in Central Pennssylvania."

My question is... what is this overall title? Other than the Pennsylvania Speedweeks, and the track championships at each individual track, I've never heard of a PA Posse full-year championship. Maybe the article's reference to an overall title is just meaning Speedweeks..:idunno:

Paging @kkfan91 or anyone else...

Shocked to read that Freddie Rahmer holds down a full-time job as a stainless steel fabricator for a local company in addition to driving the family-owned sprint car. He is reigning track champion at both Williams Grove and Lincoln Speedway. Central PA must have 410 sprint shows at least three or four nights per week.

With this move to the Eichelberger-owned #8 car, Rahmer plans to race a full slate of Central PA races and will also strap in the family-owned #51 about 20-25 times per year. He will continue competing for the Williams Grove and Lincoln track championships and for "the overall 410 title in Central Pennssylvania."

My question is... what is this overall title? Other than the Pennsylvania Speedweeks, and the track championships at each individual track, I've never heard of a PA Posse full-year championship. Maybe the article's reference to an overall title is just meaning Speedweeks..:idunno:

There is a central PA title that you earn points from the 3 main Posse tracks Lincoln, Port Royal, Williams Grove. Danny Dietrich is the defending champion. Speedweek is its own championship. Most weeks you can only run 2 nights in a 410 unless there is a special show at one of the other tracks in the state Williams Grove runs Friday and Port and Lincoln both run Saturday.

Link to the championship

Reutzel is back in a ride and will be back running with the All Stars this weekend. Driving the car Lynton Jeffery has been racing at Knoxville. Seems like they will be running a pick and choose schedule. Not sure about calling it the "Jailbreak Tour" maybe don't remind people you got kicked off the Outlaws

Racing at Port Royal this afternoon, bunch of All Star guys and Brian Brown and Reutzel here with the Posse guys with the Tuscarora 50 coming up.

Surprised no one has mentioned last night's exciting finish in the Vermeil Classic from silver dollar. The last few laps were pretty intense with Gardner picking up his 4th win in this race.

And to top it all off, one of the best post race interviews I've ever seen. Kyle Busch should take some notes.

Danny Dietrich goes 7th to win over Reutzel, rough race lots of incidents took about 45 minutes to run 25 laps with 2 reds

A... brief recap

Contact sends Skylar Gee into the frontstretch wall. Gee does a 360 spin & luckily everyone avoided him. He's getting towed off. Complete restart in the 410 Sprint feature at Port

Brian Brown does a 360 spin after contact with Brent Marks . Another complete restart at Port Royal ....

Tyler Walton spins in turn 1. 1 lap in of 410 Sprints at Port with Hunter Schurenberg leading Brent Marks, Doug Hammaker, Logan Wagner & Danny Dietrich

Caution for Devon Borden with 5 laps in of the 410 Sprint feature at Port. Hunter Schurenberg still leads Brent Marks with 6th starting Logan Wagner now 3rd over Danny Dietrich from 7th & Justin Peck

Contact between Justin Peck & Logan Wagner sends Wagner into a 360 spin. That's the 3rd 360 spin that's resulted in a yellow that otherwise wouldn't have been if not for that rule. Up to 6 cautions & a bad start in 5 laps

Another caution for Brent Marks who tried to make a move on Brian Brown. 12 laps in of 410 Sprints at Port. 7th starting Danny Dietrich leads 10th starting Aaron Reutzel. Schurenberg back to 3rd. Mike Walter II 4th. Dylan Cisney 15th to 5th

Anthony Macri upside down on the restart. He's ok. That's the 9th stoppage of the event with 13 of 25. Fuel stop. Danny Dietrich leads Aaron Reutzel, Hunter Schurenberg, Mike Walter II & Dylan Cisney

Dylan Cisney, who had went 15th to 5th, tries to make a move on the restart & get into Mike Walter II. Doug Hammaker, Landon Myers & Justin Whittal also involved. Still 13 in at Port with Dietrch leading Reutzel.

And now we got Mike Walter & Mike Walter II fighting Cisney & crew in the pits. Walter II literally jumped on Cisney's car

7th starting Danny Dietrich passes Hunter Schurenberg on lap 6 & goes unchallenged in the $6000 410 Sprint feature at Port Royal. Aaron Reutzel 10th to 2nd. Schurenberg 3rd. Gerard McIntyre Jr 19th to 4th. Jeff Halligan 5th.

Surprised no one has mentioned last night's exciting finish in the Vermeil Classic from silver dollar. The last few laps were pretty intense with Gardner picking up his 4th win in this race.

And to top it all off, one of the best post race interviews I've ever seen. Kyle Busch should take some notes.

The SCRA / CRA is actually what first turned me on to non-winged sprint cars. I kinda miss the days when it was less of a circus and they didn't drive over each other most of the time. Never short on fireworks though.

DD lucky it wasn't a longer race at Port
FB_IMG_1630986325693.jpg

Some racing tonight, again lots of All Stars with them at Williams Grove and Lincoln this weekend
FB_IMG_1631822264959.jpg

Danny Dietrich wins at BAPS

Interesting, though I would wonder about car count since there's no 410 racing in South Carolina. Will Outlaw teams be able to run it?

Interesting, though I would wonder about car count since there's no 410 racing in South Carolina. Will Outlaw teams be able to run it?
That;'s a good question. With the car count around 45 - 50, I would assume some teams that are not WOO's would be interested in running another race so close to Charlotte. That should help with the car count. I already was going to the Finals, so I will probably add this race as well.

Christopher Bell was back in a Kunz midget last night racing at Port City with the POWRi midgets. Kofoid won the race. Is this a sign that Bell is back in the KKM fold for Chili Bowl or no?

Scary crash for Billy Dietrich tonight at Lincoln, was leading when a back marker pulled up in front of him to avoid a spinning car. Ramped over the back flipped and landed on drivers side and car burst into flames. Fortunately he's ok and shoutout to the fireman who was there about as quick as a guy on foot can be. Also to Austin Bishop who jumped out of his car to run and help. Matt Campbell took the win in Lincolns finale, 132 days until the Ice Breaker in February.

I hope Bowman has C.J. Leary signed up for the Chili Bowl. ABR outran C.Bell at Millbridge recently

I hope Bowman has C.J. Leary signed up for the Chili Bowl. ABR outran C.Bell at Millbridge recently

He's driven Chili Bowl for Bowman the last couple years. Struggled last year and didn't make the main event. They may have figured something out.

The way I look at it is if you are good enough to beat C.Bell, unless they wreck out, they should be in the final race at the C. Bowl.

So that means instead or racing his own ride in the Chili Bowl that beat all of the KKM's, he gets to race the Chili Bowl in a KKM car?

So that means instead or racing his own ride in the Chili Bowl that beat all of the KKM's, he gets to race the Chili Bowl in a KKM car?
Yeah but it he may not have competed as that's big costs for a local guy and I don't even know if he owns a midget since this was a 600 Micro race.

Back
Top Bottom