Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

At Cherokee for the Prelude to the Finals. Not many haulers here yet. Hoping they are arriving later.

At Cherokee for the Prelude to the Finals. Not many haulers here yet. Hoping they are arriving later.
Only driver I've seen mentioned as running is Brent Marks

At Cherokee about 5 o'clock
13 sprints
14 late models
5 modifieds

At $35 ($45 pit) I think some folks are gonna be upset.

I was going to be here anyway, so just hoping for a good show.

...noticed the promoter posted racing would start "around 7:30." That's not a good indicator of a successful promoter.
2 classes that don't race in the area and a small purse doesn't equal big numbers. The big blocks are even more regional

It was an "interesting" night at Cherokee Speedway. The track appears well maintained and is very fast. The people were nice and the consession stand was good. Doubt I will be returning to the prelude to the finals another time...doubt they will have another one. Seemed like a good idea.

A new wingless pavement series is coming, based largely on Anderson and Lucas Oil

What they're saying is that there are going to be twin million to win races next year. I'm guessing one is late models and one sprints, but remains to be seen.

Williams Grove 2022 schedule. On the schedules for the Outlaws, Allstars, and USAC sprints. 31 total sprint car shows.

That is a winning Chili bowl car, taken apart and put in Bell's front room. I wonder what the wifey thinks about that :laugh:
Probably OK with it...she comes from the dirt racing Kemenah family and she was the Knoxville Nationals Queen a number of years ago.

It's been announced that Chris Windom is going winged sprint racing in 2022. I would guess he will be trying to follow in Sunshine's footsteps by running the ASCoC tour, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

FB_IMG_1638815453920.jpg

This is technically not sprints or midgets, but the people who post in here I think will like this. Going around the internet as I usually do I stumbled on a type of racing I never heard of before. I'd heard of banger racing in the UK and seen their version of stock cars...but I had never heard of autograss...check it out they've even got a weird car that's the bastard child of a wingless sprint car and a dune buggy.

It's been a well organized event. They have kept the track up and are quick to clean up the wrecks. Not a lot of caution laps either

Knew that was coming. Briscoe is good but he isn't that good. I have Bell, Mckintosh and Briscoe in that order. Briscoe is iffy in third

Bell back with Kunz is going to be formidable. Chance Crum was a surprise in the Rudeen car finishing third.

Micro Midget Racecars - Late-1940s
UNKNOWN — Late-1940s: A trio of Micro Midget racecars battle on a dirt track in the late-1940s. The cars were a fun and economical way for just about anybody to go racing, but safety equipment was barely existent, as can be seen here where just one of the three drivers is wearing a helmet. (Photo by ISC Images & Archives via Getty Images)
1640880019818.png

Micro Midget Racecars - Late-1940s
UNKNOWN — Late-1940s: A trio of Micro Midget racecars battle on a dirt track in the late-1940s. The cars were a fun and economical way for just about anybody to go racing, but safety equipment was barely existent, as can be seen here where just one of the three drivers is wearing a helmet. (Photo by ISC Images & Archives via Getty Images)
View attachment 59701
I've seen these at trade shows and was like how in the hell did adults drive them.

Schedules are out for WRG new wingless and midget series. Personally disappointed that no Pa tracks on the schedule since there's no eastern swing for USAC midgets this year.

Back
Top Bottom