Misc. Sprint/Midget Racing

Reutzel wins the $30k to win 360 Nationals at Knoxville over a charging Sam Hafertepe, who came up just short.

Logan Schuchart wins tonight's Capitani Classic at Knoxville over Donny Schatz, who took the lead from the eighth starting spot, but surrendered it back to Schuchart. Reutzel third.

69 cars were in the field for this preview of the upcoming Nationals. Many of them will be onto Oskaloosa tomorrow, along with Larson.

Larson runs down his former driver Macedo and drives away for the $21k victory. Great battles between the top three of Larson, Macedo, and Macri.

Screenshot_20220813-123433_Facebook.jpg

All you Flomeisters will get to watch the Knoxville Nationals I'm sure, but I'll have to follow along by reading your posts. Is there a Twitter feed you'd recommend for in-race updates?

Speedsport breaks down the field...

eh, I would do the twitter follow for
Knoxville raceway
Flo racing
Speed Sport
And anything else you can remember that might update from Twitter and keep your twitter feed going.
Youtube will show the highlights but usually much later.

All you Flomeisters will get to watch the Knoxville Nationals I'm sure, but I'll have to follow along by reading your posts. Is there a Twitter feed you'd recommend for in-race updates?

It's on DIRTVision, not Flo, as it is sort of co-owned and sanctioned by Knoxville and WRG / WoO. It seems I am the only one around here coughing up the money for that. I'll answer this further over on the WoO thread.

In that case you can find the highlights on Youtube on the WorldofOutlaws channel

Not me I'm at Wall Stadium for some modifieds and tq midgets

Unrelated to the video but I hope the NARC King of the West Sprints can expand to new venues as well. Also the tire shortage sucks.

Well there will have to he a change in PA Speedweek as well as USAC Eastern Storm since a rumor I'd heard on Sunday and hoped was false was just announced. My favorite local track Grandview Speedway has been sold to Copart and likely has about 6 race days left. I'm pretty upset by it.

Well there will have to he a change in PA Speedweek as well as USAC Eastern Storm since a rumor I'd heard on Sunday and hoped was false was just announced. My favorite local track Grandview Speedway has been sold to Copart and likely has about 6 race days left. I'm pretty upset by it.

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that.
Just sucks you could put a junk yard anywhere, you can't just build a race track with 60 years of history. I'm going to go as many times as I can before they close.

Grandview opened in 1963 and has remained under the same ownership ever since, until now. The widow of the founder is 80 years old. Her husband passed away decades ago, and subsequently her son operated the track. He passed away a few years ago.

I don't see Copart as some sort of villain in this deal.

Grandview opened in 1963 and has remained under the same ownership ever since, until now. The widow of the founder is 80 years old. Her husband passed away decades ago, and subsequently her son operated the track. He passed away a few years ago.

I don't see Copart as some sort of villain in this deal.
I mean their not they just made an offer. Their post on Facebook says when her husband died he told her to do what she wished with the track. The family let her make her choice and I respect that. I'm just sad it's a great track and I'm sad to see it go.

We lost a track out here in Utah this year. Wild Bill's Raceway. Kinda a cool story... built in the early 00s for a farmer's kids to race around. But you wouldn't know it. It looked straight out of 1970. Too many people, too little water killed it.

Just sucks you could put a junk yard anywhere, you can't just build a race track with 60 years of history. I'm going to go as many times as I can before they close.

I got to Grandview once for a PA Speedweek show in 2020 when Larson won. I enjoyed it as it had an old school atmosphere to it.

It looks like we are losing Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR) as the current owners are he-l bent on selling the track and have even stated "there will never be racing here again" in spite of much local opposition. They are trying to sell to a warehouse developer.

I got to Grandview once for a PA Speedweek show in 2020 when Larson won. I enjoyed it as it had an old school atmosphere to it.

It looks like we are losing Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR) as the current owners are he-l bent on selling the track and have even stated "there will never be racing here again" in spite of much local opposition. They are trying to sell to a warehouse developer.
Funny I think I was also at that show...I'd have to go back and look I know I went to Lincoln and Hagerstown that year, and I think Grandview.

Back
Top Bottom