Misjudging Kyle Busch

I remember Matt Kenseth explaining a driver’s need to stand up for themself. Or risk losing respect in the garage. It was right after he dusted Joey at Martinsville.

Chase needs wall Kyle. Just like he did Hamlin. Or risk becoming like Kasey Kahne. The Gibbs team’s personal extension of the safer barrier.

For the record, I don’t believe Busch wrecked him intentionally. Still believe Chase needs to hit back. Kyle knows it’s coming. You could tell by the interview. Take your lumps son.
Good points. When Hamlin was running his mouth, he was saying Chase was cutting he and Kyle off during the race. Ya can't believe what either of them say IMO. He has a wall shot coming, if Elliott lets it go I'll wonder about him. I bet I know what Chase's dad would say.

I remember Matt Kenseth explaining a driver’s need to stand up for themself. Or risk losing respect in the garage. It was right after he dusted Joey at Martinsville.

Chase needs wall Kyle. Just like he did Hamlin. Or risk becoming like Kasey Kahne. The Gibbs team’s personal extension of the safer barrier.

For the record, I don’t believe Busch wrecked him intentionally. Still believe Chase needs to hit back. Kyle knows it’s coming. You could tell by the interview. Take your lumps son.
That's only if he had 100% for sure done it on purpose. But, they have worked it out and I will bet Chase won't do anything and he will still be just fine.

Just like he did Hamlin.
Truth be told, Hamlin losing his tire was pure luck or karma. Chase had no intention of wrecking him, just walling him to send a message. The odds of Chase pulling that move off again are slim to none. He needs to straight up dump Kyle and if he’s lucky it’ll be at the end of the race and they are nose to tail for a win.

Truth be told, Hamlin losing his tire was pure luck or karma. Chase had no intention of wrecking him, just walling him to send a message. The odds of Chase pulling that move off again are slim to none. He needs to straight up dump Kyle and if he’s lucky it’ll be at the end of the race and they are nose to tail for a win.

That whole incident happened because Denny was stupid enough to take the bait. Knowing what the situation with Chase was, there is no way in HELL I would have tried to stay between him and the wall. It was almost like Hamlin was daring him to do something. And he DID. Like I said, I do believe this incident was an accident, and Kyle was about as sincere as Kyle can manage, so I would give him a chance to make it right on the track in the next month or two. If Kyle doesn't deliver, then he's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

The usual Kyle Busch cheerleaders/apologists have been kind of quiet this week, I’ve only counted 1 or 2 of them going to bat for their guy. Huh, he makes a mistake and they pick a hell of a time to go silent.

The usual Kyle Busch cheerleaders/apologists have been kind of quiet this week, I’ve only counted 1 or 2 of them going to bat for their guy. Huh, he makes a mistake and they pick a hell of a time to go silent.
It looks like most posters realize it was a driver error and not a malicious act.

Is that enough noise for you?

I admire the dual meaning of the thread title.
17f787a5975cc3310a4eb2cfe81aac11.jpg

Wow. This stuff really isn’t that hard to find.

Your fandom is interesting. I have never searched YouTube for clips of drivers I don't root for. I mean, seriously, this brings you a sense of equilibrium or joy? Truly fascinating.

Good points. When Hamlin was running his mouth, he was saying Chase was cutting he and Kyle off during the race. Ya can't believe what either of them say IMO. He has a wall shot coming, if Elliott lets it go I'll wonder about him. I bet I know what Chase's dad would say.

Drama. There is a point where Chase should shut his mouth, put his finger in his pocket, and go win the races everybody thinks he should win. The guy believes that Kyle made a mistake--but mysteriously you call a driver you like a liar--as such, Kyle really doesn't have anything coming because if you believe the Kyle and Chase narrative, Kyle recognizes his mistake. In this context, somebody who isn't a fanboi would understand that Kyle will give Chase more room in a similar circumstance--even at the expense of a race win...but again, you call Chase a liar, and believe that he should pay Kyle back. He isn't dominant enough to go live out the drama that you would like him to live. You should wonder about him because he hasn't become all of that yet not because he does or doesn't go out and big ball a two time Champion. BTW....a guy named Martin Truex Jr. won a Championship, and in theory has been pushed around and not retaliated....largely because he had the balls to stay true to who he is. We have the Chase fandom getting him to wave his arms in Martinsville, and flip a driver off in Martinsville. Is that who he is?...or is he the hard worker who is so hard on himself? I know who you would like him to be, but I don't think he is that, and I worry about a guy who could become very good in this series becoming what his fanboys want him to be instead of staying true to who he is. Chase Elliott is much more powerful in a Martin Truex Jr. frame than he is as a bad boy IMO.

Drama. There is a point where Chase should shut his mouth, put his finger in his pocket, and go win the races everybody thinks he should win. The guy believes that Kyle made a mistake--but mysteriously you call a driver you like a liar--as such, Kyle really doesn't have anything coming because if you believe the Kyle and Chase narrative, Kyle recognizes his mistake. In this context, somebody who isn't a fanboi would understand that Kyle will give Chase more room in a similar circumstance--even at the expense of a race win...but again, you call Chase a liar, and believe that he should pay Kyle back. He isn't dominant enough to go live out the drama that you would like him to live. You should wonder about him because he hasn't become all of that yet not because he does or doesn't go out and big ball a two time Champion. BTW....a guy named Martin Truex Jr. won a Championship, and in theory has been pushed around and not retaliated....largely because he had the balls to stay true to who he is. We have the Chase fandom getting him to wave his arms in Martinsville, and flip a driver off in Martinsville. Is that who he is?...or is he the hard worker who is so hard on himself? I know who you would like him to be, but I don't think he is that, and I worry about a guy who could become very good in this series becoming what his fanboys want him to be instead of staying true to who he is. Chase Elliott is much more powerful in a Martin Truex Jr. frame than he is as a bad boy IMO.

It's a lot easier to win races when people aren't jacking your back tires off the ground or missing holes in the line of traffic by two feet. It doesn't matter how good you are when stuff like that happens to you.

It's a lot easier to win races when people aren't jacking your back tires off the ground or missing holes in the line of traffic by two feet. It doesn't matter how good you are when stuff like that happens to you.

No question, but it doesn't routinely happen to Chase....but when it does, the narrative is as you suggest.

Some of the statements I have read on the World Wide Web.

9 driver off the gas at that moment.
9 driver turned left.
9 driver is the one that lost control, not the 18 driver.
9 driver is a seat filler and should haven't been behind the 11.
18 driver did nothing wrong, he does not make mistakes.
9 driver came down on the 18 in the corner.
9 has never won a race, NASCAR gave him the wins.
9 driver only has the ride because his father is a Billionaire.

9 driver turned left.

There ya go, that's hilarious. Good to see KDB fans putting your heads together for KDB. It wouldn't be a thread without KDB fans making stuff up. Birds of a feather flock to psycho boy. :laugh:

Reactions: sdj
None of that drivel appeared here.

It wouldn’t be a KDB thread without the hate.

9 driver turned left.

Do your posts still require a moderator’s pre-approval or have you finally been paroled?

There ya go, that's hilarious. Good to see KDB fans putting your heads together for KDB. It wouldn't be a thread without KDB fans making stuff up. Birds of a feather flock to psycho boy. :laugh:
Unfortunately, there is not enough bandwidth on this forum to post KDB's wins, poles , top 5's and Championships throughout all forms of motorsports.

Unfortunately, there is not enough bandwidth on this forum to post KDB's wins, poles , top 5's and Championships throughout all forms of motorsports.
yep Woooooo

Busch and his “Rowdy Nation” of fans annoy other drivers and fan bases because they win a lot of lower-tier races and are often not classy about it -- which is part of the schtick. He is fast and he is good, so he can crow about it. But what is the point of beating the junior varsity?

Facts? Yep he's a real wiener

Busch started from the pole position in the truck race Friday night, led 110 of 134 laps and beat three guys named Brett Moffitt, Matt Crafton and Stewart Friesen. This is sort of like Bryce Harper dropping by the Reading Fightin’ Phils farm club to take a few hacks.

Chase Elliott really has a false reputation of being a vanilla do-gooder with no fire.
He does have a fire. But Chase isn't going to perseverate on this. He's too mature to do that. You can have a fire, and plan for retaliation without fuming for days and days.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There is no intelligent reason to retaliate against a competitor who has admitted his error and with whom you’ve discussed the incident.

In fact, Elliott has temporarily “earned” some extra room from Busch. He’s a smart guy ... he’ll take advantage of that. JMO, of course.

He does have a fire. But Chase isn't going to perseverate on this. He's too mature to do that. You can have a fire, and plan for retaliation without fuming for days and days.

yep he hasn't called another driver wasted space or drops the mic like a 2 year old, smash a guitar or shoot the finger at an official. Hard to believe he is the most popular driver. :laugh:

yep he hasn't called another driver wasted space or drops the mic like a 2 year old, smash a guitar or shoot the finger at an official. Hard to believe he is the most popular driver.
If you dig through the videos, I'm pretty sure Kyle was picking his nose before dropping the mic there lolol

If you dig through the videos, I'm pretty sure Kyle was picking his nose before dropping the mic there lolol

ya have to have a designated "Jackass" and the hits will keep on coming this year I predict. :laugh:

A great artist, Sam Bass died as a result of kidney failure in February, 2019.

He was 57. Think of that.

Again, Facts...
MenuESPNsignIn

RacingHome NASCAR Home Results Schedule Standings ESPNF1 Home Drivers Teams Tickets

David Newton

Shocked? Stunned? Busch is still fun to watch By David Newton | June 11, 2009 8:48:06 AM PDT

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Sam Bass figures the Gibson Les Paul custom guitar awarded to the winner of the Nationwide Series race in Nashville, Tenn., is worth about $25,000, considering the initial cost of the instrument and the 140 hours of work he spent turning it into a piece of art.

Kyle Busch smashed one.

He ordered two more.

Total estimated value: $75,000.

Total for winning the race: $52,220.

OK, so Busch didn't have to pay for the first one. The track did. And Bass won't charge $25,000 each for replicas of the trophy that was named one of the best in all of sports by Sports Illustrated.

But it still was a pretty costly smash.

A pretty cool one, too.

It may be unpopular to say Busch's celebration was cool. Bass thought it was anything but, saying he felt "shock, hurt, disappointment and surprise" to see his artwork destroyed in 30 seconds after he spent six to eight weeks creating it.

"Contrary to reports that were floated out there, I had no advance knowledge that was going to happen," Bass said. "So while I am watching it happen, I'm stunned and amazed just like anybody else was in Victory Lane. They couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"I don't care who you are -- that's got to hurt a little bit because you have something invested in it."

Bass' feelings are understandable. Nobody wants to see something he created destroyed.

He had a right to be angry, just as Busch had a right to be angry after seeing a few of his artful performances this season turn into disappointing losses because of a bad pit stop or a flat tire.

Bass' feelings aside, the celebration still was cool. Busch showed pure emotion and fulfilled a promise he made to his team a year ago that if he ever won at Nashville -- a track that until Saturday had denied him victory -- he would break the guitar and give each a piece of it.

In an era when drivers are so vanilla, that was refreshing.

Some say it was disrespectful to Bass and all he invested in the piece. Busch told Bass that wasn't the case when the two posed for a Victory Lane picture with the guitar. Bass took him at his word for it and agreed to make two more guitars.

Case closed.

Yet some want to vilify Busch for his act. They say it's another sign of his immaturity. Fellow Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwardssaid he wouldn't do that, that he has too much respect to do so.

That is his choice.

But you can't tell drivers to show their personality, as fans seem to want, then tell them they showed it in the wrong way. Next thing you know, NASCAR will be making rules against celebrating in Victory Lane the way college football has outlawed celebrating in the end zone.

Let 'em have fun. Let 'em show emotion.

It's good for the sport. Had Busch not smashed the guitar, nobody would be talking about the race.

And remember, there was a time when drivers occasionally sold their trophies for money to race the next weekend or simply to put food on the table. Was that disrespectful?

"I understand why he did what he did after promising to his crew how he would go about doing it," Bass said. "But it was hard to watch, for sure. It's a piece of artwork. That is not a cheap guitar by any sense of the imagination. That guitar is worthy of any of the greatest guitar players ever."

The replicas he'll make for Busch will be just as good.

"I'm not going to turn in anything that is not my best work," Bass said. "At least I know now he appreciates how much time and energy goes into it. Forty-two other drivers in that field might have handled things differently, but what's done is done.

"We'll go on and make the best of it. I'm always going to take the high road. Kyle says no disrespect to me. I'm going to take him at his word."

He'll also take his money.

Tags:AutoRacingNASCARKyle Busch

COMMENTS

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms.Learn more

ABC NEWS JOBS AT ESPN TERMS OF USEPRIVACY POLICYYOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSCHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY POLICYINTEREST-BASED ADSEN ESPAÑOL

Facts? That jackass pissed off so many Nascar fans he had to make something up..Hope his PR people charged him for overtime. Pure fantasy.
"We'll go on and make the best of it. I'm always going to take the high road. Kyle says no disrespect to me. I'm going to take him at his word."

By the way this one is from the AP before they made up the above story

Nascar Driver Kyle Busch Unapologetic for Smashing Guitar Trophy

Last edited:
Facts?

Sam didn’t charge him for the extra two guitars.

Back
Top Bottom