MLB 2023 Season

Vermont has a lot of Red Sox fans (which bleeds over Lake Champlain into northeastern New York weirdly enough) but you have some Yankees fans who are contrarian assholes. You have New York transplant assholes and New Yorkers who go to UVM. There's actually a mild controversy now in Vermont because UVM has such a high out of state percentage. People are complaining about UVM "not serving Vermonters."

The Burlington media market goes into New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire. When I was a kid in New Hampshire, we got New York campaign ads, which was weird as ****. It carries New England sports fandom to northeast New York at least. I can't remember if the Yankees were covered as a "local" team by the nightly news but I know the Sox were.
They were complain about out of staters when I was there too (ignoring that out of staters pay like 3 times as much to go there) but as a Pennsylvanian I stayed put of that argument. The weird mix was always a thing there, with pep band when we played at basketball and hockey games we'd have Shipping Up to Boston and Sweet Caroline, but also Empire State of Mind.

I love the Braves

I hate the Braves

It stings but this team is young and locked up for years to come. They will win another WS, probably multiple. Just one of them deals.

That whole Braves organization should be embarrassed. From the mascot to the reports to the players, and the fans.

Blooper picking a fight with the Phanatic, Strider yelling and arguing with his coaches, Arcia's poking the bear, melting down and yelling at the crowd, their crowd throwing trash on the field(again), Olson disappearing, the reporters crying about the ground crew in philly turning on the water...it goes on and on.

Just a master class in loser mentality. Those Players performed as individuals and not as a team.

If the Phillies beat the Dbacks I wouldn't mind a rematch with Houston. They don't seem quite as strong as last year, and I think the Phillies would thrive on revenge.

I wanna see D-Backs VS Rangers World Series. MLB should get a 6 vs 5 seed Wold Series, then maybe when the ratings are awful they might change the worst playoff format in all of sports.

I wanna see D-Backs VS Rangers World Series. MLB should get a 6 vs 5 seed Wold Series, then maybe when the ratings are awful they might change the worst playoff format in all of sports.
I never thought something would come along to make me like NASCAR’s playoff format. At least season long wins and consistency still matter.

Not sure Orioles/Braves would be much better tbh. Baseball doesn’t draw nationally anymore outside of, like, five teams. They’re willing to use the format that keeps more teams in contention deeper into the regular season and adds more postseason games, meaning more tickets sold and TV inventory. Even if it means the difference between 104 and 84 wins is only the Wild Card series.

Not sure Orioles/Braves would be much better tbh. Baseball doesn’t draw nationally anymore outside of, like, five teams. They’re willing to use the format that keeps more teams in contention deeper into the regular season and adds more postseason games, meaning more tickets sold and TV inventory. Even if it means the difference between 104 and 84 wins is only the Wild Card series.
Even under the old 4 team format the Phillies have played the 1 seed Braves in the NLDS as the 4 seed. One can argue that with less off time the Braves have been better...but it's hard to say the Phillies are built so well for series baseball.

That whole Braves organization should be embarrassed. From the mascot to the reports to the players, and the fans.

Blooper picking a fight with the Phanatic, Strider yelling and arguing with his coaches, Arcia's poking the bear, melting down and yelling at the crowd, their crowd throwing trash on the field(again), Olson disappearing, the reporters crying about the ground crew in philly turning on the water...it goes on and on.

Just a master class in loser mentality. Those Players performed as individuals and not as a team.
Yeah the DUI chants from Philly fans when Ozuna walked to the plate was class personified lol. Come on. That city complaining about sportsmanship is rich.

Yeah the DUI chants from Philly fans when Ozuna walked to the plate was class personified lol. Come on. That city complaining about sportsmanship is rich.
Typical don't have a real answer attack the past.

The Braves fans literally do a war chant that mocks Native people so it's hard for you guys to claim the moral high ground on anything.

He had it coming. Don't go driving under the influence it is illegal and he could have killed someone.

I’m not complaining, just laughing.

Don’t get a DUI (or physically assault your wife ) and we won’t chant it.

A “DUI” chant is PG compared to what gets chanted at stadiums and arenas across the country.

The Braves fans literally do a war chant that mocks Native people so it's hard for you guys to claim the moral high ground on anything.
LOL, please tell me you're joking. As a native person I think it's great. I was actually doing the war chant while replying to your post.

I'd say I'm in the quiet majority. (AKA Redskins) That nothing but a bunch of tools trying to get attention. It will never end.The problem with the internet is it's not the size or the crowd it's the size of the website. People get confused about reality.

I didn’t realize elected leaders of some of the largest tribes in the country are “a bunch of tools trying to get attention” or that the National Congress of American Indians, which is a forum where all tribes participle and vote, were “a bunch of tools trying to get attention.”

NCAI predates the internet by a few decades and the tribes predate it by at least a few centuries.

You’re free to disagree with them but they seem to be authorities on this matter.

I didn’t realize elected leaders of some of the largest tribes in the country are “a bunch of tools trying to get attention” or that the National Congress of American Indians, which is a forum where all tribes participle and vote, were “a bunch of tools trying to get attention.”

NCAI predates the internet by a few decades and the tribes predate it by at least a few centuries.

You’re free to disagree with them but they seem to be authorities on this matter.
yeah I'm gonna say it. Elected leaders are tools. You don't need to look far to see that. You can reply and I enjoy the debate with you. I'm not saying anything else about this. 👍

Jordan Montgomery, who supposedly wasn’t good enough for the Yankees, has thrown 6+ shutout innings in two of his three postseason starts so far for Texas.

I really didn't think the Rangers would top Houston

NLCS here we go

First pitch Schwarbomb!!!

AND HARPER!!!

We got Kelce bros but Taylor didn't come

18 homeruns in the post season for the Phillies so far.

received_1328019951157124.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom