MLB 2023 Season

I really believe Dave Roberts used all of his postseason luck when he stole that base in the 2004 ALCS for the Red Sox.

The Dodgers need to move on. They build competitive team after competitive team and all they have to show for it is a World Series in a shortened season.
Roberts has been a lot better than Mattingly, but maybe after this amount of time they’re due for a refresh at the top. It’s certainly not down to lack of talent or resources. Baseball is a weird game with a lot of variability and randomness in small sample sizes compared to other mainstream sports, but they should be doing more nonetheless.

I’m hoping the Twins come back. Division “rivalry” aside, I don’t really have anything against Baltimore, and **** the Astros forever. I’d have less than zero interest in a Texas/Houston ALCS.

Roberts has been a lot better than Mattingly, but maybe after this amount of time they’re due for a refresh at the top. It’s certainly not down to lack of talent or resources. Baseball is a weird game with a lot of variability and randomness in small sample sizes compared to other mainstream sports, but they should be doing more nonetheless.

The Dodgers perform where they should during the season but Roberts can't will them over the hump. Like I said, the playoffs come down to leadership and the ability to keep a team in the fight. I don't get the feeling Roberts is a manager who will pick up a team and motivate them.

And in the end, the AL East was the worst division in baseball when it mattered.
You don’t get three teams in the playoffs if it’s a bad division. Even the Yankees finished over .500 and had a winning record against the Central and West.

Baltimore and Tampa Bay each had winning records against the Central, West, and NL. Toronto had a winning record against the Central and NL, went .500 against the West.

You don’t get three teams in the playoffs if it’s a bad division. Even the Yankees finished over .500 and had a winning record against the Central and West.

Baltimore and Tampa Bay each had winning records against the Central, West, and NL. Toronto had a winning record against the Central and NL, went .500 against the West.

In a world where the AL Comedy Central exists, there's no way the AL East is close to the worst division. We put three teams in the playoffs, had four teams over .500 (and would have had 5 if the Red Sox hadn't forgotten how to play baseball in September). The AL East was easily one of the best.

Red Sox hadn't forgotten how to play baseball in September

Red Sox choking in September? As I live and breathe!

Gotta admire Red Sox suckage. Even at their worse they find ways to dig their holes deeper.

Sometimes I think their sole purpose is to beat the Yankees and Yankees alone. They got the better of them this year and I bet that made them content. Drop 4 games to them throughout the year. Still come last in the AL. 🤦‍♂️

I had a feeling the Rangers would do this after the way they took care of Tampa Bay.

They peaked at the best possible time, and the playoff format rewarded them greatly for it.
this playoff format isnt fair to the 4 best teams in baseball. They're penalized for winning the most games.

They've got to look at this and make changes. a 5 day rest for game that is played every single day (almost) is just a killer.

We've got 2 years to show us that something needs to be changed.

The fairest playoff format is the old full season format where the two best teams in each league faced off in the World Series. But much like NASCAR, the ship has sailed on that one.

The playoffs in any sport are basically a game of maintaining motivation and riding momentum. That's why teams like the Rays and Dodgers aren't successful in the playoffs and why teams like the Pats were successful with Brady. You need to have leaders who can pull the team together in the crunch.
its going to have to be changed. I dont know what the answer is, its either let another team or two in from each league, and get rid of byes, or get rid of 1 or 2 teams and get rid of byes. Or keep it how it is, and let the 4 best teams decide if they want to play in the wild car series and make someone else sit. They're the best teams, they should not be getting penalized.

Texas teams are hard to root for in any sport.
i only will pull for the rangers going forward (provided they dont play the braves) because the Hickory Crawdads are a farm team for them. its cool to see a player play for the Crawdads, and make it all the way to the majors.

I ****** hate Harper.

He’s got one of the most punchable faces in baseball

The new playoff format is terrible.

Looks like the only team that was a 1 or 2 seed to advance will be the Houston Astros because of course.

7 straight ALCS appearances for Houston. The cream rises to the top. It would be cool to see Dusty go back to back

The new playoff format is terrible.

Looks like the only team that was a 1 or 2 seed to advance will be the Houston Astros because of course.
I remember back when we had NL and AL east and west . Best east played best west.( Divisional Series ) Winners played World Series. Wasn't 5 rounds of playoffs. Back then your season record was your playoffs.

Four solo HRs in one inning. These Dodgers starters have gotten their asses kicked like I’ve never seen.

I remember back when we had NL and AL east and west . Best east played best west.( Divisional Series ) Winners played World Series. Wasn't 5 rounds of playoffs. Back then your season record was your playoffs.
There’s a huge difference between playing and not.

The Astros are the new Yankees.

agree, if you're talking about taking 5 days off. You loose any momentum you have going into the playoffs.

The playoffs are the only thing , regular season is not what it use to be.

The Astros are the new Yankees.

I'mma stop you right there.

The Yankees are the Evil Empire. The stealer of dreams. Aaron ****** Boone. Bucky ****** Dent.

I would root for the Astros over the Yankees any day of the week.

If the Yankees have 1,000,000 haters I am one of them
If the Yankees have 1 hater it is me
If the Yankees have no haters then I am dead
If the world is for the Yankees then I am against the world.

**** the Yankees!

The Yankees are the Evil Empire. The stealer of dreams. Aaron ****** Boone. Bucky ****** Dent.

**** the Yankees!

That is a perfect post.
**** the Yankees!

**** the Yankees!
**** the Yankees

Back
Top Bottom