MTJ vs HMS

MTJ has always been bratty. Its just noticed now since he’s in the spotlight.

@DSquad48’s & I’s favorite moment is when he fired his entire pit crew over a loose wheel.

I missed this earlier.

This is what I mean in race threads when I say drivers do the same but fans responded differently. Harvick gets mad at crew it’s okay. Truex does it and it’s a crime.

I love the irony of our resident "Jimmie Johnson = GOAT" cheerleader saying Truex is over-rated and it's really Cole Pearn winning all those races. SMH.

Didn’t you know? Chad Knaus is actually a hack crew chief and Jimmie never once had a superior car at any race ever!! Rumor has it all 84 of his wins his hands were hog tied behind his back!

I missed this earlier.

This is what I mean in race threads when I say drivers do the same but fans responded differently. Harvick gets mad at crew it’s okay. Truex does it and it’s a crime.
I don't like when Harvick does it either. Win as a team, lose as a team. Anything else and the driver comes off as a petulant sore loser. My humble opinion.

A road course is a track on the cup circuit. You know? There's still only so much a driver can do. Driving on banked ovals and flat short tracks takes a different skill set than driving on road courses. Road courses are the outliers. Ambrose was better at road courses than most everyone, didn't make him the same "type" of talent, And he did it with lesser equipment.

What I will say is that they are arguably the best duo in the best equipment right now and overall as a team, very elite.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great point about Ambrose......I know that this has been discussed before, but I would like your take.....Easier to transfer road course skill set to ovals or the other way around? I am of the belief that road course racers can transition to ovals better than oval to road courses.....Ambrose is definitely an exception as is Boris Said and I am sure there are others. I have come to believe that Sonoma really brings out driver talent.....Hamlin has more than I thought after watching him learn that track. Harvick is exceptional. Logano is great there. Kyle is great everywhere so no surprise there. Larson is fascinating there.....fast as hell for a short run, but can't figure out the long run. Chase is very good there as is Blaney. There are others, but man this series is loaded with talent! Great stuff.

Easier to transfer road course skill set to ovals or the other way around?
DW discussed this from Sonoma a few weeks ago. He said that a good oval racer can almost always learn to be a good road racer, but the reverse transition is much more difficult. For oval racing, you either have it or you don't, and if you don't, you can't learn it, said DW.

Mike Joy, who has road racing experience, agreed with DW. FWIW, so do I. (All my racing experience is on the road racing side.) I've also seen Boris Said say the same thing. And BTW, Boris regards his limited Nascar success as the peak accomplishment of his career.

I love the irony of our resident "Jimmie Johnson = GOAT" cheerleader saying Truex is over-rated and it's really Cole Pearn winning all those races. SMH.
Cause that's what I said. SMH. if you gotta passively throw digs, with an oversimplified and incorrect version of my point..well, that's not even worth engaging in. Use Rev as an example.

Great point about Ambrose......I know that this has been discussed before, but I would like your take.....Easier to transfer road course skill set to ovals or the other way around? I am of the belief that road course racers can transition to ovals better than oval to road courses.....Ambrose is definitely an exception as is Boris Said and I am sure there are others. I have come to believe that Sonoma really brings out driver talent.....Hamlin has more than I thought after watching him learn that track. Harvick is exceptional. Logano is great there. Kyle is great everywhere so no surprise there. Larson is fascinating there.....fast as hell for a short run, but can't figure out the long run. Chase is very good there as is Blaney. There are others, but man this series is loaded with talent! Great stuff.
Curious what you said about Larson. He's such a dirt racer.

Anyways, to your question...easier to transfer road course skills to ovals or vice versa...

I don't know! There are A LOT of variables at play there. A road course is inherently more difficult to drive, so naturally it would be easier to move to an oval, right? How come most road guys aren't successful on ovals? I'm not being matter of fact, I genuinely can't answer that. There's a nuance to driving oval tracks in terms of equipment management, runs, and grooves that road racers may not have to deal with is what I am guessing. Road course racing is more raw and seems more about skill, where on ovals, success seems to be relative to a driver's skill and their ability to drive the track. It also depends on car. Road course racers are used to driving on road courses. Nascar drivers are used to driving on ovals.

Is it easier for a road racer to drive on their road courses, or is it easier for an oval racer to drive on an oval?

I guess in a vacuum it is more difficult for an oval racer to move to a road course. However, a road racer moving to an oval will not be as simple as they expect. In terms of "skill" translating, in a vacuum, it's gotta be easier for a road racer to switch. He will be more equipped.

Confused by the statement saying they've got the oldest car in the field. This is only the 2nd year for the Camaro, the Camry is the oldest currently.

That's what Rick Hendrick said and what I went by, yeah, good call, I think you are right. Camry in 17 came out with the 18 model but raced it in 17. The Camaro didn't race until the 18 season.

I think the point being glossed over is how difficult it is to transition from other types of cars to stock cars, regardless of the oval track VS road course thing. I think a LOT of drivers from both America and around the world have BADLY underestimated just how difficult it is to drive a stock car and have success doing it.

Confused by the statement saying they've got the oldest car in the field. This is only the 2nd year for the Camaro, the Camry is the oldest currently.

The sheet metal might be a newer design, but I'm assuming Mr. H was referring to the chassis and it's design/components underneath, not the body itself

Back
Top Bottom