NAPA Leaves MWR

I saw it, but wasn't sure if it was totally factual. Balestre seemed like a total jackass in that movie.

I liked the footage, but Prost was better than portrayed, he wasnt a Senna but easily one of the 10 best ever. He just didnt have the swagger or Charisma, and was far less popular.

I respect him for being a great rival in spite of the obvious flaws.

More sponsors unfortunately are leaving than coming in, and it's due to the fans showing their displeasure."

Read the full article here.

Sponsors are there because of the fans. Could it be the high price of sponsoring a car in the Cup series these days why sponsors are leaving? Times are hard in this economy.

Perhaps Kyle doesn't see that because he's a millionaire.

Sponsors are there because of the fans. Could it be the high price of sponsoring a car in the Cup series these days why sponsors are leaving? Times are hard in this economy.

Or, perhaps his argument has some merit. There's little doubt that they listen to the fans. If they're there because of the fans that could easily be the reason that they are moving on.

I liked the footage, but Prost was better than portrayed, he wasnt a Senna but easily one of the 10 best ever. He just didnt have the swagger or Charisma, and was far less popular.

I respect him for being a great rival in spite of the obvious flaws.

Honestly, Senna seemed like a bit of an ass too, and a whiner for sure. Prost turning in early to block Senna and wrecking him off the championship was dirty for sure, but he got away with it. Watching him lick Balestre's ass made me want to puke, and all the calls seemed to go his way. 2 Frenchman helping each other out?

What is he supposed to say? great, one less car getting in the way of me winning races? He don't care and won't until he looses his sponsor. Both final sprint practices on Saturday shuffled to small FS2, that is 2 hours in one weekend of reduced coverage and nothing covered for N'wide practice this weekend for other sponsors who advertise in that series. good excuse to dump Truex and stop the bleeding. Out of the chase and the media coverage lessened, double whammy.

Maybe Kyle's argument does have some merit. But if there weren't fans there'd be no mega buck sponsors. Blaming the fans for driving sponsors out of somewhere they wouldn't be in the first place if not for the fans seems odd to me.

Fans have the right to speak their mind. Just like sponsors have a right to participate in the Cup series... or not.

Here is some lawyer speak about sponsor/team relationships..Warning headache alert.
Geoff Smith, the former president of Roush Fenway Racing who also is an attorney, said denials of culpability by Bowyer and by MWR of a planned orchestration might not have made a difference in NAPA's decision.

"Most if not all morality clauses allow the sponsor to sanction any act or event set into motion by the team, whether it actually occurred in fact or not," Smith told USA TODAY Sports. "It's if the act or event negatively impacts the name, goodwill or brand of the sponsor, or simply 'negatively reflects', as decided by the sponsor. The team could actually be innocent of committing the specific act, but if the controversy around the event negatively impacts the sponsor, then they can trigger the clause.

"Most teams attempt to mitigate the nearly total discretion the sponsors have in this regard by exempting anything that results from actions taken by the team during the race event."

Some teams have tried to build in more protection that guards against the potential of a default contract for an incident as minor as a driver cursing on his in-car radio. Smith said sponsors increasingly have gotten "think-skinned" about being tainted by the perception of rule breaking, particularly as NASCAR ratcheted up its officiating with the rollout of the Generation 5 car in 2007.

"Sponsors don't want to be associated with 'cheaters,' " he said. " We have received letters from sponsors following an ordinary postrace penalty declaring they will not be associated with cheaters -- a warning that they would try to invoke the morality clause if another penalty was issued."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...waltrip-racing-chase-richmond-nascar/2836609/

But... sponsors also want their cars up front and on television. Track bar adjustments and tire pressure changes can only get a car so far. I think a lot of people are surprised to find out how the sausage is made.

Or, to quote Paul McCartney - "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."

But... sponsors also want their cars up front and on television. Track bar adjustments and tire pressure changes can only get a car so far. I think a lot of people are surprised to find out how the sausage is made.

Or, to quote Paul McCartney - "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
Hell not me, I'm sorta like the Duck boys, my wife and I eat way more wild game, animals, fish and fresh garden vegetables, that I have harvested and cleaned than we do store bought stuff.

To a certain degree, I can understand where Kyle is coming from.
He has a very good thing going in nascar. He's paid many millions a year to work a few days a week, if you can call it work. He gets treated like royalty everywhere he goes, and he's pretty much assured the massive paychecks will continue rolling in for many more years to come.

If it weren't for those stupid fans that have the nerve to speak their mind, and potentially ruin the good thing he has by scarring off the big buck sponsors, everything would be perfect for him and his fellow millionaire drivers.
After all, those sponsors are there for the drives, not the fans.

When will those stupid fans learn their place and just keep forking over their money at the tracks, watching the races on TV, buying nascar merchandise, and just keep their big stupid mouths shut.

The millionaire drivers work really hard for the money they earn, and the fans are lucky to have them.

And why aren't people talking about how Penske is about to be drummed out of the sport? Why haven't the fans pressured Pennzoil, etc to drop Penske?

Folks, it's just racing. It's not life, death, health, or happiness. It's just racing.

The scandals are fun. The cheating is always a part of racing. Problem is, fans take it too seriously, demanding something from NAPA?! Why? NAPA isn't MWR. Don't pressure NAPA. It's not your job to punish MWR. Leave it to NASCAR, because NASCAR is looking for ways to keep things rolling while RETAINING SPONSORS.

When you take things too seriously, it wigs sponsors out. You should cherish every sponsor in NASCAR, not pick and choose which ones are good and which ones are evil, based on your favorite drivers and favorite teams. The sport is struggling and needs a little less tribalism, right now.

that's funny, hauled a lot of meat out of slaughterhouses, hasn't stopped me, but I know... I am weird. bock, moo, and oink. Cattle feed lots..that is something you don't want to smell or see.

I think napa went too far, They should have forced Mikey to lip sync "I'm a cheating jackass" in all their commercials.
Hell not me, I'm sorta like the Duck boys, my wife and I eat way more wild game, animals, fish and fresh garden vegetables, that I have harvested and cleaned than we do store bought stuff.

You eat that stuff raw?

I think napa went too far, They should have forced Mikey to lip sync "I'm a cheating jackass" in all their commercials.

You eat that stuff raw?
I would but the wife wont let me, makes me let her cook it first.

McCartney is an idiot. Funny thing, every acre of land devoted to crops kills way more animals than an acre of land for livestock. At least 25x more. It's because cropland can't have small mammal critters roaming about eating the crop, bad for business. But you don't have to kill every last critter in grazing land for, say, cows or sheep.

Vegetarians are responsible for killing 25x more animals per kg of protein than meat-eaters. Farmers have to poison vast hordes of mice, just to pick one critter, to keep croplands productive.

That veggie-burger didn't require a cow to die, but did rely on the mass slaughter of mice and other small mammals.

I heard from my inside sources that Clint Bowyer is a vegetarian and Michael Waltrip is a *gasp* vegan.

McCartney is an idiot. Funny thing, every acre of land devoted to crops kills way more animals than an acre of land for livestock. At least 25x more. It's because cropland can't have small mammal critters roaming about eating the crop, bad for business. But you don't have to kill every last critter in grazing land for, say, cows or sheep.

Vegetarians are responsible for killing 25x more animals per kg of protein than meat-eaters. Farmers have to poison vast hordes of mice, just to pick one critter, to keep croplands productive.

That veggie-burger didn't require a cow to die, but did rely on the mass slaughter of mice and other small mammals.
Exactly where the hell did that come from, sheesh.

BUovhydCEAAQc5R.jpg:large

And why aren't people talking about how Penske is about to be drummed out of the sport? Why haven't the fans pressured Pennzoil, etc to drop Penske?

Folks, it's just racing. It's not life, death, health, or happiness. It's just racing.

The scandals are fun. The cheating is always a part of racing. Problem is, fans take it too seriously, demanding something from NAPA?! Why? NAPA isn't MWR. Don't pressure NAPA. It's not your job to punish MWR. Leave it to NASCAR, because NASCAR is looking for ways to keep things rolling while RETAINING SPONSORS.

When you take things too seriously, it wigs sponsors out. You should cherish every sponsor in NASCAR, not pick and choose which ones are good and which ones are evil, based on your favorite drivers and favorite teams. The sport is struggling and needs a little less tribalism, right now.
What do you mean by Penske is about to be drummed out of the sport? Do you know something we don't?

Maybe Kyle's argument does have some merit. But if there weren't fans there'd be no mega buck sponsors. Blaming the fans for driving sponsors out of somewhere they wouldn't be in the first place if not for the fans seems odd to me.

Fans have the right to speak their mind. Just like sponsors have a right to participate in the Cup series... or not.
Kyle's ego has it's own management team.

Mark got out just in time . That's funny . Like all of the same personnel weren't there when he was there . If he had stayed a couple weeks longer you'd all be screaming for his ass too.

To a certain degree, I can understand where Kyle is coming from.
He has a very good thing going in nascar. He's paid many millions a year to work a few days a week, if you can call it work. He gets treated like royalty everywhere he goes, and he's pretty much assured the massive paychecks will continue rolling in for many more years to come.

If it weren't for those stupid fans that have the nerve to speak their mind, and potentially ruin the good thing he has by scarring off the big buck sponsors, everything would be perfect for him and his fellow millionaire drivers.
After all, those sponsors are there for the drives, not the fans.

When will those stupid fans learn their place and just keep forking over their money at the tracks, watching the races on TV, buying nascar merchandise, and just keep their big stupid mouths shut.

The millionaire drivers work really hard for the money they earn, and the fans are lucky to have them.

He gets treated like royalty everywhere he goes.

Obviously you have never been to a short track where Kyle has raced. He gets boo's like there won't be a tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom