NASCAR 2013 - BOLD Prediction Thread

Predictions so far.....
#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart

AndyMarquisLive - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. will win at least one Cup race this season.

AustinDillon3 - Dale Jr wins the 2013 Toyota Owners 400, (spring race).

Blaze88 - Danica wins one of the four Plate races.

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

buckaroo - Ambrose will win at least two races.

Bucky Badger - There will be no first time winners in a cup race this year.

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dirtguru - Joey Lagano will make the Chase.

dpkimmel2001 - 2013 first time Sprint Cup Champion Kyle Busch.

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 10 or more races in 2013.

getadietdew - HMS drivers finish 1,2,3 & 4 in the final 2013 point standings.

GrizzlyBearBob - Danica Patrick will make the Chase!

Jeffrey00 - Joey Logano will finish 20th or worse in the Cup points standings for 2013.

JimmieGordon2448 - Not one Roush driver will make the chase.

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship.

kkfan91 - Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races.

leroy17 - Dale Jr will not win a Sprint Cup race in 2013 and Marcos Ambrose will win a non plate, non road course Sprint Cup race in 2013.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

MOEJOE - Travis Pastrana will finish top five in points in the Nationwide Series this season.

MoparFan13 - RCR, FRM, Andretti Motorsports and RPM will announce they'll be driving Dodges in 2014

MRM - A JGR driver will win the championship.

nascage - Tony Stewart will win his first Daytona 500.

nathannascar - Super Kyle will return. He'll win 15-16 across the top 3 series in 2013.

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

pjmolo - No race will be rescheduled to a later date due to rain AND no race will be shortened by rain.

racer8 - Dale jr the champ

robbybee - Brad Keslowski will repeat as Sprint Cup Champion in 2013.

SlicedBread22 - Joey Logano wins at least once in all 3 top series in 2013.

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup.

SpeedPagan - Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase.

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase.

StewartHaas-Gibbs Racing - Danica Patrick will finish at least one lap down in at least 18 races(half the season) in the Cup series!

ted@economy - Ricky Stenhouse and Danica Patrick will finish the regular season less than ten positions apart.

Thegroundpounder99 - Kurt Busch will win 2 races and qualify for the Chase.

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion.

Zerkfitting - Ambrose will make the Chase.
Subject to change.

I've been tuned in since last Tuesday morning and so far there hasn't been much to see. When does the show start? :confused:

You'll see. I'm just trying to get some hype going, So for now, let's just say it'll be a weekly feature and within racingforum.com rules ;)

I didn't read the whole thread, so not sure what all has been said, but, with the addition of Matt Kenseth, I think JGR is going to flourish this year and get that trophy at the end of the year. Kyle is excited about Matt coming on board, which was one of his reasons for re-signing with JGR, and I think that's going to bring back the Kyle of old and he's going to be back to his winning ways. Is it a bold prediction saying that Kyle will win the Cup? Not really, but considering he didn't even make the Chase last year, it's still kind of impressive.

With EGR switching to Hendricks racing, I think will see either Montoya or McMurray finally make the Chase this year.

The biggest prediction? I can't believe I'm going to say this, but, I think Dale Jr. will get at least 3 wins this year. He's just got a swagger in him this offseason that I have not heard since his early days of racing when he was winning. I think his new found confidence is going to start boosting him into the winner's circle once again.

Predictions so far.....
#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart

AndyMarquisLive - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. will win at least one Cup race this season.

AustinDillon3 - Dale Jr wins the 2013 Toyota Owners 400, (spring race).

Blaze88 - Danica wins one of the four Plate races.

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

breatheoflife - Dale Jr. will get at least 3 Cup wins this year.

buckaroo - Ambrose will win at least two races.

Bucky Badger - There will be no first time winners in a cup race this year.

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dirtguru - Joey Lagano will make the Chase.

dpkimmel2001 - 2013 first time Sprint Cup Champion Kyle Busch.

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 10 or more Cup races in 2013.

getadietdew - HMS drivers finish 1,2,3 & 4 in the final 2013 point standings.

GrizzlyBearBob - Danica Patrick will make the Chase!

Jeffrey00 - Joey Logano will finish 20th or worse in the Cup points standings for 2013.

JimmieGordon2448 - Not one Roush driver will make the chase.

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship.

kkfan91 - Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races.

leroy17 - Dale Jr will not win a Sprint Cup race in 2013 and Marcos Ambrose will win a non plate, non road course Sprint Cup race in 2013.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

MOEJOE - Travis Pastrana will finish top five in points in the Nationwide Series this season.

MoparFan13 - RCR, FRM, Andretti Motorsports and RPM will announce they'll be driving Dodges in 2014

MRM - A JGR driver will win the championship.

nascage - Tony Stewart will win his first Daytona 500.

nathannascar - Super Kyle will return. He'll win 15-16 across the top 3 series in 2013.

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

pjmolo - No race will be rescheduled to a later date due to rain AND no race will be shortened by rain.

racer8 - Dale jr the champ

robbybee - Brad Keslowski will repeat as Sprint Cup Champion in 2013.

SlicedBread22 - Joey Logano wins at least once in all 3 top series in 2013.

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup.

SpeedPagan - Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase.

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase.

StewartHaas-Gibbs Racing - Danica Patrick will finish at least one lap down in at least 18 races(half the season) in the Cup series!

ted@economy - Ricky Stenhouse and Danica Patrick will finish the regular season less than ten positions apart.

Thegroundpounder99 - Kurt Busch will win 2 races and qualify for the Chase.

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion.

Zerkfitting - Ambrose will make the Chase.
Subject to change.

:eek: So you don't think the manufacturer change will phase Penske at all in their first year?

I think it might, but what the hell. I'm betting Roger and that group won't accept failure and will throw everything they have at the new car.

With their Indy car operation now under the same roof, they have a ton of engineering expertise at Penske.

:eek: So you don't think the manufacturer change will phase Penske at all in their first year?
I agree with the Fender , Penske will adapt pretty quickly . Afterall every team is adapting to a new body style this year. But the big thing that I see is the potential of the Logano /Brad pairing v/s the Hornish/Brad pairing. I think that Logano is going to be a great asset to Brad this year . Time will tell .

I agree with the Fender , Penske will adapt pretty quickly . Afterall every team is adapting to a new body style this year. But the big thing that I see is the potential of the Logano /Brad pairing v/s the Hornish/Brad pairing. I think that Logano is going to be a great asset to Brad this year . Time will tell .

Logano did an interview and he sounds reborn. He said when he looked at the practice setups he was surprised to see how simular his and Brads were. Todd Gordon has a working history with Paul Wolfe from their days at CJM, and he CC'ed for Brad in NW. Gordon said he was shocked how much alike he and Joey's personalities are. Sound familiar? Gordon having an engineering degree will help he and Paul get what they want from the engineering dept. IMO, that group is primed to displace HMS over the next 10 years. If they repeat, the back room talent will really start to flow their way.

Hornish is toast in nascar if he can't win the NW championship this year, and he won't.

That's one of the things that I think will slow them down. Not only do they have to adapt to the new car, but they have to adapt to the manufacturer change as well. If it was just one or the other, I don't think it would hinder them to much, but with it being both, it might take some time before they click and get everything together.

There's an interesting question. I hope I remember at the end of the year to compare Joey's performance this year with Sam's in his portion of 2012.

10 or more Cup wins.
bs2efbzcpq6irjjpg.png
he's drunk

There's an interesting question. I hope I remember at the end of the year to compare Joey's performance this year with Sam's in his portion of 2012.
Really ,I'm not predicting an improvement in Joey's performance ( although I think it will happen) , I'm actually predicting an improvement in Brads performance. It's kinda like the dynamic duo, neither are rookies anymore , both are similar in age ,temperment and experience . Together they can take it to another level.

For the first time in his career, Brad will have a competitive team player to work with. I think Logano will flourish by coming into an organization as an adult and develop a CC relationship as a driver who knows what he wants in a car and isn't afraid to demand it.

These are going to be some great years for Penske racing. Once they have Sam out of the way, Ryan will get his chance in cup and Penske will be THE powerhouse organization in nascar. I still wish they could have nabbed Stenhouse. He'll be better than Joey in a couple of years.

Really ,I'm not predicting an improvement in Joey's performance ( although I think it will happen) , I'm actually predicting an improvement in Brads performance. It's kinda like the dynamic duo, neither are rookies anymore , both are similar in age ,temperment and experience . Together they can take it to another level.
:micro:
For the first time in his career, Brad will have a competitive team player to work with. I think Logano will flourish by coming into an organization as an adult and develop a CC relationship as a driver who knows what he wants in a car and isn't afraid to demand it.

These are going to be some great years for Penske racing. Once they have Sam out of the way, Ryan will get his chance in cup and Penske will be THE powerhouse organization in nascar. I still wish they could have nabbed Stenhouse. He'll be better than Joey in a couple of years.
:flushed:

About 13 days left to make or change your BOLD predictions. Reread the prediction that I have recorded for you. If you feel that it is in error let me know.

Back
Top Bottom