NASCAR 2020 - Bold Prediction Thread

pjmolo

Director of driver attitude adjustments . . .
With only a little over a month until drivers take the green flag for the start of racing at Daytona International Speedway, it's time for those that visit the racing-forums.com board to step up and post a BOLD PREDICTION concerning the upcoming 2020 NASCAR racing season.

In a return to the roots of the game, and in a change from the format of last year's game, each player may make one, and only one, prediction. Multiple predictions by a player will not be accepted.

This change is due primarily to the labor intensive effort that was required last year in tracking down over 90 predictions made by nearly 60 players.

Predictions concerning all three NASCAR series (NASCAR Cup, Xfinity, Gander Truck) are acceptable.

Predictions can concern virtually anything related to those series that occurs beginning with the start of Speedweeks at Daytona in early February until the Awards Banquet at Nashville in late November.

It is strongly suggested that predictions be as specific as possible as well as something that can be easily verified.

The deadline for prediction submittals is set at noon eastern time on the date of the Daytona 500, Sunday, February 16th, 2020.

If a prediction concerns something that occurs prior to the submittal deadline, it must be submitted before the predicted event occurs.

Posted predictions will be compiled and then posted periodically until a final list is posted prior to the start of the Daytona 500.

Throughout the race season the list will be updated periodically as to which predictions have been so far proven to be true or false. After the Awards Banquet, a list of predictions proven to be true will be posted for all to vote on as to which true prediction was the most bold.

Before making your prediction, check previous predictions to avoid making the same one that had been posted earlier. If identical predictions are made, only the first one to be posted will be accepted.

A list of previous winners of the game is as follows:

2019 - 37.2% - @LewTheShoe - At least one 2019 Cup winner will fail to make the playoff field

2018 - 47.6% - @Snappy D - Matt Kenseth is driver of the #6 car by the 2nd half of the year

2017 - 56.1% - @SlicedBread22 - No Chevy's in the Final (Championship) Four

2016 - 43.5% - @Zerkfitting - Tony Stewart will win a race this (2016) season

2015 - game thread lost

2014 - 72.5% - @Wrangler1 - HMS (5, 24, 48, and 88) WILL NOT be among the final four eligible for the title

2013 - 47.2% - @BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

2012 - 50.0% - @FenderBumper - Brad Keselowski wins 5 or more races

2011 - 46.2% - @dpkimmel2001 - Paul Menard will win his first Cup race with RCR in 2011

GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!!!

Aren't they supposed to be bold for the statman (thank you!) to easily pick them out?

Ryan Preece makes the Cup series Playoff field.

Re-word/clarify with me as you think is necessary @pjmolo. I think my prediction is pretty straightforward though...lol.

Can we make either or predictions? As in one of two drivers will do this.

NASCAR and SMI announce a merger (non-cash stock transfer) that results in the Smith family becoming substantial minority owners of the combined company.

Hello everyone. Been busy and off the board, but I'll soon be back to regular posting.

I am still thinking and I might enter my entry as we get into February but I am toying or having fun with scheduling predictions like maybe North Wilkesboro gets added to the 2021 Xfinity/Trucks Schedule or Rockingham gets added back to the 2021 Cup Schedule. Are these BOLD predictions? or just plain lunacy? I guess we'll have to find out. BTW this is my absolute favorite thread on the board because its just so much fun. Thanks for putting this together Molo!

My bad, just read the rules. Yeah I'll stick with my Custer prediction as my one...

I see someone already predicted JJ wins championship #8 so I will really have to think of something equally as foolish. :D

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom