NASCAR announces 2019 MENCS rules

I just remember a few years ago with the new aero package that
was suppose to make closer 1.5 mile track racing. It really didn't imo.
Atlanta in person was the same ol same ol to me. So I will give it a wait and see.
I applaud NASCAR for trying.

I dont understand the logic of making the splitter bigger. Isnt the splitter mostly to blame for the drastic effect of clean vs dirty air? If they want to make it easier to pass for the lead how about get the nose off the ground

What is still confusing is the 1.18 spacer is what they are running now, but the text says different. hope that gets clarified one way or another
DohO1k_XoAEicJm.jpg:large

I dont understand the logic of making the splitter bigger. Isnt the splitter mostly to blame for the drastic effect of clean vs dirty air? If they want to make it easier to pass for the lead how about get the nose off the ground
Yep let's make the cow catcher bigger, that will work.

No it isnt, this is getting closer and closer to IROC everyday.
IROC is one form of many of spec racing, maybe the confusion comes from rule changes, many of them are changes to the specifications of how racing cars are supposed to be built.

the early 2010s car was under appreciated and provided some great races. I think about the spring Richmond race by Kurt Busch or the spring Atlanta won by Jimmie Johnson

tightens up the competition between the haves and the have nots.
Literally stiffling innovation lmao

“Hey good job on the extra curricular engineering big 3, just remember next season it’s all for not and you’re basically pedal to the floor like everyone else”.

Why would a team want to succeed at an elite level when the people in control are going to kill your speed gaps in the end.

Literally stiffling innovation lmao

“Hey good job on the extra curricular engineering big 3, just remember next season it’s all for not and you’re basically pedal to the floor like everyone else”.

Why would a team want to succeed at an elite level when the people in control are going to kill your speed gaps in the end.
Why would an elite driver want to drive a dumbed down race car? Getting to Cup is supposed to mean you show off those skills that got you that ride. Now your skills are going to be stifled due to NASCAR implementing a dumb rules package.

I have a question of how will these new rules will make it more challenging for the drivers. The cars are running 205 mph into the turn at Michigan and that is supposed to be on the edge of control and the setup is made to handle the turn at that speed.
So how is slowing the cars down to 185 into the same turn a challenge for the drivers and a handling challenge? Also how will the same tires not just last longer? I don't see how they will where more.
I will use an analogy to make my point. I race a winged 410 sprint car with 880 hp. When I have driven a 305 winged sprint car on the same track it feels as if I am towing a parachute. All sprint drivers say the same as me; when they drop down everything is in slow motion and when drivers move up they can't believe the speed difference.
So my point being the Cup drivers will experience the same feeling and the racing will become somewhat easier for them and less challenging.

Saddening that this year will be my last year watching a NASCAR race on any oval bigger than a mile. At least we'll still have the road courses, Dover, Bristol, Richmond and Martinsville.

I have a question of how will these new rules will make it more challenging for the drivers. The cars are running 205 mph into the turn at Michigan and that is supposed to be on the edge of control and the setup is made to handle the turn at that speed.
So how is slowing the cars down to 185 into the same turn a challenge for the drivers and a handling challenge? Also how will the same tires not just last longer? I don't see how they will where more.
I will use an analogy to make my point. I race a winged 410 sprint car with 880 hp. When I have driven a 305 winged sprint car on the same track it feels as if I am towing a parachute. All sprint drivers say the same as me; when they drop down everything is in slow motion and when drivers move up they can't believe the speed difference.
So my point being the Cup drivers will experience the same feeling and the racing will become somewhat easier for them and less challenging.
Exactly, except they will have to deal with pack racing more.

I think if you look back a few years to the square Monte Carlo era before the "aero is everything" era came into play it might help some to understand what they are shooting for. A much softer tire that goes away sooner and a car with better handling can actually catch and attempt to pass the leader out in clean air. Sure looks like the plan they are going for to me anyway.

Well here it is. The All Star Rules Package is a reality. I really dont know what to say, I want to give it a chance. But I really didnt care for the All Star race, I wasnt the least bit entertained, it really felt manipulated like someone was playing video games and they turned all the assists ON and turned the difficulty to easy. I'll watch the 500 and make it to Atlanta, see what happens from there. Someone here said they are taking the restrictor plates off for Daytona and Dega but running this package is that true?

I think if you look back a few years to the square Monte Carlo era before the "aero is everything" era came into play it might help some to understand what they are shooting for. A much softer tire that goes away sooner and a car with better handling can actually catch and attempt to pass the leader out in clean air. Sure looks like the plan they are going for to me anyway.
Catch and pass the leader, hmm with that cow catcher and big ass sail in the back...yeh ok.;)

Well here it is. The All Star Rules Package is a reality. I really dont know what to say, I want to give it a chance. But I really didnt care for the All Star race, I wasnt the least bit entertained, it really felt manipulated like someone was playing video games and they turned all the assists ON and turned the difficulty to easy. I'll watch the 500 and make it to Atlanta, see what happens from there. Someone here said they are taking the restrictor plates off for Daytona and Dega but running this package is that true?
here ya go, going to be different
CONCORD, N.C. — NASCAR’s top division will race without engine restrictor plates at Daytona and Talladega next season for the first time in 32 years, instead relying on a smaller tapered spacer and increased aerodynamic downforce to reduce speeds at the circuit’s largest speedways.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...series-no-restrictor-plates-dayton-talladega/

here ya go, going to be different
CONCORD, N.C. — NASCAR’s top division will race without engine restrictor plates at Daytona and Talladega next season for the first time in 32 years, instead relying on a smaller tapered spacer and increased aerodynamic downforce to reduce speeds at the circuit’s largest speedways.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...series-no-restrictor-plates-dayton-talladega/
Honestly, that might actually improve racing at Daytona and Talladega. The runs will be insane with that massive spoiler and more horsepower than they have now. I just don't wanna see it every week. This sport was built on a variety of styles of racing.

Honestly, that might actually improve racing at Daytona and Talladega. The runs will be insane with that massive spoiler and more horsepower than they have now. I just don't wanna see it every week. This sport was built on a variety of styles of racing.
I'm with ya, I don't know what the hell that change is going to bring for the plate less super speedways, might not be pack racing heck if I know. I am wondering about the improved chassis they are mandating. Does this mean that small teams with a driver like a Ross Chastain, will be able to run higher in the racing?

For me, I just simply don't like the idea of potentially wasting an entire year on what is my favorite sport in the world. The product is already more than good, and the potential for this to be terrible and make me not enjoy said favorite sport is there. And I'm not happy about it. The current package and style of racing has obviously not turned me off. Call it freaking out or whatever you want, as a fan that's my right.

Back
Top Bottom