NASCAR at LeMans

Eh B.S as usual some people think this is the super bowl of the world. It used to be a pretty famous race but it isn't what it was. The Nascar car is even less important to the outcome of the race. It isn't competing for anything but competing to see if it can finish the race and other technical items. It isn't going to cause of any leading driver to toss aside their potential class winning ride to jump into a exhibition car.
I'm quite sure there are plenty of drivers without LeMans rides that could wheel that thing faster than Jeff, Jimmie, Chase, Kyle L. or any other NASCAR driver. Chase may be a great stock car road racer, but he was pretty much exposed at Daytona in the first gen Caddy, (as was Jimmie) and LeMans and the lack of experience there would only widen the gap. If it does end up being Rocky, Jimmie and Jeff, Rocky will have to drag the brake to not show up his teammates.

It is both. You see what's funny is that in the announcement, all the material had the NASCAR logo, IMSA, logo, and HMS logo beside the 24 Hours of LeMans logo, which can be seen at the top of this page for instance: https://m.nascar.com/news-media/202...ts-team-up-for-special-le-mans-entry-in-2023/

This is what's known in the biz as, a collaboration. You know. More than one entity, united for a cause.
No it's not. It's a Hendrick deal with NASCAR logos. That's not a collaboration. A collaboration is when you invite people/groups to participate and they do. This was not that. Ever.

Curious about that video title.

A Cup car going from electric to the ICE sounds good to me.
AFAIK they haven’t confirmed that aspect of it yet but it was said that the ACO very much wanted it to be hybrid to help fulfill the “innovative” aspect of the entry, although I doubt it’d be any more than just using the LMDh spec hybrid system. I don’t think they’re trying to reinvent the wheel. Test bed for the next set of Cup engine/power unit regulations as well.

A collaboration is when you invite people/groups to participate and they do.
'Collaboration' doesn't mean the project is by default open to EVERYONE. Just because Toyota and Ford weren't invited doesn't mean there aren't organizations outside of Hendrick and NASCAR involved, ones neither of those outfits normally work with.

I clearly don't follow this race but is a sell out this early normal?
Definitely not. I’m not sure there’s ever been a formal sellout in the modern recordkeeping era either. You’d have to go back to the late 60’s, back when there were likely no capacity limitations, to see unofficial estimates higher than what they’re expecting next summer.

How do you sell out an 8 mile race track?

How do you sell out an 8 mile race track?
It’s mostly a giant street course, they have dedicated grandstands/camping areas/fan zones so people don’t wander into the woods, businesses, or residential villages within the track. There’s obviously going to be some level of crowd containment involved.

It’s mostly a giant street course, they have dedicated grandstands/camping areas/fan zones so people don’t wander into the woods, businesses, or residential villages within the track. There’s obviously going to be some level of crowd containment involved.
After the 1955 crash I imagine they are pretty particular where they let fans observe the race from

Driver lineup is set to be announced this weekend, ahead of next week’s attempt at a 12-hour test at Daytona. I think this is where functioning lights are set to make their first appearance.

Driver lineup is set to be announced this weekend, ahead of next week’s attempt at a 12-hour test at Daytona. I think this is where functioning lights are set to make their first appearance.
It will be interesting to see how the numbers compare to Roar speeds.

Is the car too different to run at an IMSA event? I would think they would want to run the car in a race before LeMans.

Can't say I'm surprised by any of these guys

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

so it wasnt going to be Jeff Gordon as a driver all along. Excited to see Button in a "NASCAR Cup Car", maybe this will open the door to him racing some in Xfinity and Cup in the near future.

Is the car too different to run at an IMSA event? I would think they would want to run the car in a race before LeMans.
They’re best off just working on endurance testing and hammering out laps on their own. Sebring is the only enduro between now and June and they’d have to get a one-off invitational bid for that too. Procedurally WEC and IMSA races work differently enough that focusing on one set of sporting rules would also be best.

Is it me or does this angle look more mustang than camaro?
41f75264074d2314bcae038ba9ac476b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom