NASCAR CEO BRIAN FRANCE BUSTED FOR DUI & OXYCODONE

No but his sleazy life needs a light shined on it (full reporting) and let him die in shame. A future revision to clean up his sorry ____, should be an impossibility.

IMO the guy defines pathetic and privileged and he will carry on that way but just out of the spotlight. I do understand the desire rub his nose in it though.

A picture surfaced on Reddit a couple months ago of this guy sitting by himself in the 3rd row of a Knicks game looking completely knocked off his ass.

Filthy rich and just a shell of a person. Yowza.

A picture surfaced on Reddit a couple months ago of this guy sitting by himself in the 3rd row of a Knicks game looking completely knocked off his ass.

Filthy rich and just a shell of a person. Yowza.
Happens to people who are flat broke. Addiction doesnt know your financial background. This is one subject I'm gonna shy away from because I bet most of us have a friend or family member that is effected.

Happens to people who are flat broke. Addiction doesnt know your financial background. This is one subject I'm gonna shy away from because I bet most of us have a friend or family member that is effected.
Jail sobers up a lot of em. ;)

it takes what it takes, some never do sober up, and some do. Back on subject, I think it would be good for ol Brian to detox in one. ;)

Me either as I don’t get the anger over Brian France or wanting to throw him in jail for 30 days.
You want to defend the addicted that is your choice. Most people caught dirty like him first pop get probation and an ankle monitor.

You want to defend the addicted that is your choice. Most people caught dirty like him first pop get probation and an ankle monitor.

I hope Brian France has ongoing treatment and conquers his addictions. You want to throw him in jail and put ankle monitors on him and goodness knows what else.

Seems to me that NASCAR has moved on from this, but that doesn't stop Pockrass.
I guess it still matters to some, but to me the story was over when he was given the unofficial boot. That's when this became a legal story and stopped being about racing. As such, I no longer care.

I guess it still matters to some, but to me the story was over when he was given the unofficial boot. That's when this became a legal story and stopped being about racing. As such, I no longer care.

Me either. Was there ever anything official on Brian being gone? Is Jim permanent....or still "interim."

I hope Brian France has ongoing treatment and conquers his addictions. You want to throw him in jail and put ankle monitors on him and goodness knows what else.

How do you know he has addictions? Maybe he is just a dick? Why is treatment always the solution for assholes who think they are above it all, and put other's lives at risk? Stupid.

I believe that drunk drivers should lose the privilege to drive for life.

If you blow a .08 you should not lose your license for life. Good grief.

If you blow a .08 you should not lose your license for life. Good grief.
In some countries (Holland for one) if you blow any alcohol in your sytem you lose your licence for like. They don't have a problem of drunk drivers.

How do you know he has addictions? Maybe he is just a dick? Why is treatment always the solution for assholes who think they are above it all, and put other's lives at risk? Stupid.

I don't know since everyone talks about JC but I know people who used to party with JC and Brian back in the 80's. Jc doing coke of women's bodies, both doing stuff with ladies in cars, blowing money like they don't care. Once they threw a party and about 200 people showed up in 2 hours. This was before social media. Some of the stories are crazy and seen some not so crazy pics of them partying.

In some countries (Holland for one) if you blow any alcohol in your sytem you lose your licence for like. They don't have a problem of drunk drivers.

That's simply not true about the Netherlands. Though they and most European countries have a BAC limit of 0.05% rather than the common 0.08% in the US and Canada. They also take a more compulsory rehabilitatative approach with required classes and treatment. Refusal to participate in those results in license revocation. When these types of policies requiring strict education and treatment are employed in the US, they are generally more effective with less recividism.

I can’t say for sure if Brian has addictions but based on the preponderance of evidence I think it is a good bet,

The reason you want to treat an addict is to get them to change so they don’t repeat negative behavior. I’m not saying Brian should not have his license suspended or other penalties but for society’s sake we want him and those like him well.

That's simply not true about the Netherlands. Though they and most European countries have a BAC limit of 0.05% rather than the common 0.08% in the US and Canada. They also take a more compulsory rehabilitatative approach with required classes and treatment. Refusal to participate in those results in license revocation. When these types of policies requiring strict education and treatment are employed in the US, they are generally more effective with less recividism.

Treatment and education with a twist of societal disapproval has done wonders with smoking. Treatment and education always trump punishment if the goal is to get a person on the right track

NASCAR is finally getting back on the right track. The rating are slightly improving. The boardroom is finally addressing the pink elephant(mile and half’s), and in the next couple years a tv contract that will either make or break the sport will come up for negotiations. They cannot let Brian anywhere near this sport. My main fear is time heals all wounds, eventually the family accepts him back into a managerial position, and put him charge of something they think is benign, like maybe track management, then he wiggles his way back into the important issues like tv money, sponsorship, car development. Maybe he pisses gm or ford off. Or worst of all, his reckless actions finally kills someone.

NASCAR is finally getting back on the right track. The rating are slightly improving. The boardroom is finally addressing the pink elephant(mile and half’s), and in the next couple years a tv contract that will either make or break the sport will come up for negotiations. They cannot let Brian anywhere near this sport. My main fear is time heals all wounds, eventually the family accepts him back into a managerial position, and put him charge of something they think is benign, like maybe track management, then he wiggles his way back into the important issues like tv money, sponsorship, car development. Maybe he pisses gm or ford off. Or worst of all, his reckless actions finally kills someone.

I can’t prove it of course but I think Brian France is thrilled to be free and clear of Nascar. Obviously he wouldn’t be thrilled with how his exit took place but the end result should suit him.

I think there would be a revolt if Brian was let back in so I don’t think he will return. He has plenty of money to live out his life enjoying aimless pursuits.

Apparently the next broadcast deal is not going to be an issue as I’m told live programming is huge and Nascar is a valuable property. From what I understand getting more money with the next broadcast deal is not in question.

I am old school, I should have checked the current rules. But in the 60's a friend moved to Canada so he could get a licence because his was gone for life back there. I guess I am getting to old, nothing is as it was.

Nothing says " don't drive drunk " like a whopper fine and the ass in jail. They send folks to 40 hours counseling out here, they spend most of that time doing drugs and drinking in the parking lot.

yep around here they have to go to drug court. They get UA'd by a color, they get a call and if it is their color they have until 6 P.M to go get tested. Two dirty UA's and all of their time is lost and they go do full time in jail. That is also along with counseling and either going and getting their sheet signed AA, CA or NA, or a church program. Oklahoma had to do something they had full jails and prisons.

I can’t prove it of course but I think Brian France is thrilled to be free and clear of Nascar. Obviously he wouldn’t be thrilled with how his exit took place but the end result should suit him.
Brian could have walked away any time he wanted (and could man up and tell the family to stuff it).

Nothing says " don't drive drunk " like a whopper fine and the ass in jail. They send folks to 40 hours counseling out here, they spend most of that time doing drugs and drinking in the parking lot.
You forgot impounding the car. Second offense, your name goes on a list like the 'No Fly' one and dealers are prohibited from selling you a car.

Back
Top Bottom