NASCAR considers limits to Cup drivers running minor league races

If they were racing minor leagues because they loved to race and wanted to help other drivers learn, as Kyle likes to claim, they'd be running ARCA races as well. They're not. Because ARCA doesn't pay ****.

so true.

And for those who don't speak hawgbonics, what he's saying is the new FOX/NBC TV deal has guaranteed that TV ratings are more important than track attendance.

NASCAR did this to themselves. NASCAR moved all the Nationwide races as support races to the Cup Series so tracks could force fans to buy Saturday tickets in order to get Cup tickets and, since the cars were exactly the same, the Cup drivers saw it as a practice session.

who knows ? maybe a jocko flocko in each car ! ha!

point is.....tv don't like empty stands for live events.
plenty more tv $$ in '15 ........so stand alone events survive.....cause tv needs more live content.
but need full stands.......as do track / etc. etc.
new biz model comin .
tarp empty seats ....sell ad space maybe ??? lotsa new stuff comin tho.....too much $$ at stake.

Nationwide and truck draw big crowds here in Arizona, much bigger than I see at any of the races on tv. not sure why

I used to enjoy the Busch Series more than the Cup Series. Races like IRP and Memphis on a Saturday night were great. Now, I couldn't give two ****s.

And for those who don't speak hawgbonics, what he's saying is the new FOX/NBC TV deal has guaranteed that TV ratings are more important than track attendance.

NASCAR did this to themselves. NASCAR moved all the Nationwide races as support races to the Cup Series so tracks could force fans to buy Saturday tickets in order to get Cup tickets and, since the cars were exactly the same, the Cup drivers saw it as a practice session.

andybonics interpretation .............................1st part true.
2nd part-----???? nns not same car as cup in '15.
re-read again.

Sure would be nice to see NASCAR make a good decision for once. Here's hoping they finally do put an end to Cup drivers moving down every week.

Sure would be nice to see NASCAR make a good decision for once. Here's hoping they finally do put an end to Cup drivers moving down every week.
It's never going to happen. NASCAR and Brian are greedy and care more about money than anything else. They will never impede the cash flow.

I agree. Kyle Busch cannot win enough for me. Makes my freakin' day. I'd pay to watch him kick the crap out of a bunch of 5 year olds on their Big Wheels (engineered by TRD of course)....and yeah, put that mouthy little snot into the curb, and make him cry to mommy.

LMAO

This is an idea I can get behind. I'm tired of watching Kyle, Brad, and Joey go to Victory lane every week. I understand both sides of the argument but last year was ridiculous with the 54 and 22 winning every damn week.

Instead of banning the drivers, why not just ban the Cup teams? we all saw how badly Kyle Busch ran when he tried to run NW with his own team. Just tell JGR, RCR and others that they can't field cup cars as well as NW cars and Camping World Trucks,

If they really wanna stop this, just switch up the Nationwide schedule next year. Have a lot less companion races, that way if the Cup guys wanna race they have to fly back and forth between tracks. Some would do it every now and then but I bet a lot less often.

I've noticed something.

KyBu fans: People vehemently opposed to banning drivers from dropping down to the minor leagues.
Everybody else: Please restrict drivers from dropping down to the minors.
I like KyBu, but I'd be all for limiting the amount of races that Cup guys can run in the lower series. Watching Kyle clobber lesser competition in inferior equipment week after week does nothing for me.

I agree. Kyle Busch cannot win enough for me. Makes my freakin' day. I'd pay to watch him kick the crap out of a bunch of 5 year olds on their Big Wheels (engineered by TRD of course)....and yeah, put that mouthy little snot into the curb, and make him cry to mommy.
I'm slightly disturbed.

I've noticed something.

KyBu fans: People vehemently opposed to banning drivers from dropping down to the minor leagues.
Joey and Brad want Kyle out of Nationwide, too.

Joey and Brad want Kyle out of Nationwide, too.
s1_1.jpg

I'm a Kyle Busch fan so I'm biased, but I have no problem with him running the marquee events in trucks/nationwide, and so long as nascar runs nationwide at the same track, why not do what you love? Monster is only sponsoring the 54 because of Kyle Busch, that's why he runs most of the races. Believe me, I would love to see Darrell Wallace Jr. Get more races in the 54 but it's all about sponsorship.

I only see what makes money, Sponsors for cars don't matter if you don't have TV contract. Without the TV , no race, Tracks couldn't afford it on seats sold alone, Not at this level.

I've noticed something.

Kyle fans know without the truck and Nationwide races, 80% of his wins every year would be gone.

If they really wanna stop this, just switch up the Nationwide schedule next year. Have a lot less companion races, that way if the Cup guys wanna race they have to fly back and forth between tracks. Some would do it every now and then but I bet a lot less often.

That shouldn't be a problem . Likely every other racing series in the world would love to fill those vacant race dates.

Back
Top Bottom