NASCAR considers limits to Cup drivers running minor league races

I've noticed something.

KyBu fans: People vehemently opposed to banning drivers from dropping down to the minor leagues.
Everybody else: Please restrict drivers from dropping down to the minors.

Joey fans
Harvick fans
Kenseth fans
Brad k fans
Etc Etc
But yes most Kyle fans are opposed because our favorite driver is highly skilled in the trucks and nationwide as well as the cup series. The stats speak for themselves. Why would we want him limited ???

I buy tickets to races to see the best of the best race, not a bunch of snot nosed punks whose daddy was famous. What kills me is that the drivers in the "lower" series dont seem to mind much, if they dont mind then why should anybody else

Joey fans
Harvick fans
Kenseth fans
Brad k fans
Etc Etc
But yes most Kyle fans are opposed because our favorite driver is highly skilled in the trucks and nationwide as well as the cup series. The stats speak for themselves. Why would we want him limited ???

I buy tickets to races to see the best of the best race, not a bunch of snot nosed punks whose daddy was famous. What kills me is that the drivers in the "lower" series dont seem to mind much, if they dont mind then why should anybody else
I'm a Harvick fan and even I will hate to see him running the #88 this weekend.

If you're buying tickets to watch the best of the best race...in the Truck Series, you're doing it wrong.

If you're buying tickets to watch the best of the best race...in the Truck Series, you're doing it wrong.

I will be glad he is there to spice up the race, hope they are all in there this weekend it will be a knock down drag out battle. 15 dollar tickets to see the big boys battle :cool: Sometimes Kyle win and sometimes he dont, Im happy either way

Joey fans
Harvick fans
Kenseth fans
Brad k fans
Etc Etc

There is so much wrong with that statement that I refuse to get in a pissing contest over it.

There is so much wrong with that statement that I refuse to get in a pissing contest over it.

No contest needed, just posted my feelings on the deal. I cant imagine going to the nationwide this weekend and not seeing Brad Harvick Kenseth and Kyle fighting it out, I love it

I've noticed something.

KyBu fans: People vehemently opposed to banning drivers from dropping down to the minor leagues.
Everybody else: Please restrict drivers from dropping down to the minors.

I'd watch Kyle anytime and anywhere and I am more of the manufacturer based fan. Not sure what is missing in other fans' drivers that they wouldn't feel the same way. You will get what you want next year. They will limit Kyle's participation. Sponsors will shy away. Attendance will drop from 20 people to 10. You will be able to see the races on the Oprah Network (if you get that channel). Nobody will give a crap.

I love the crop of drivers in NNS. I would still watch for sure, but I doubt many others would. It sounds like such a brilliant idea doesn't it? Let the kids run. Turn the thing into a true minor league. When is the last time you watch a minor league baseball game on TV? When is the last time you saw a minor league game in a major league stadium? What was the attendance of the last minor league game you were at? The thing about many fans is that they talk themselves into stuff to the point that they are certain they are right. But they are not IMO.

You are a fan, but you hate to see your driver drive. Need think time on that.

You are a fan, but you hate to see your driver drive. Need think time on that.
Don't need to think about anything. I wouldn't go to an NBA D-League game expecting LeBron to suit up.

I'd rather Harvick have one Cup championship than the 30+ Nationwide wins he's earned since moving up from the series after 2001. Seems to me like Kyle fans delude themselves into believing he'll be the best driver of all-time once he gets to 201 career wins across all three series.

If they really wanna stop this, just switch up the Nationwide schedule next year. Have a lot less companion races, that way if the Cup guys wanna race they have to fly back and forth between tracks. Some would do it every now and then but I bet a lot less often.

EXACTLY I think what they should do is take at least one random short track each year and run a race there. have nascar pick up the sanctioning fee. take 6 of the best short tracks in the nation and run a race there, start with irwindale. who cars that the place only seats 6500 rely on the tv audience. You create buzz in the area for watching other NW races on TV, its just one race a year and rotate it every year.

I'd watch Kyle anytime and anywhere and I am more of the manufacturer based fan. Not sure what is missing in other fans' drivers that they wouldn't feel the same way. You will get what you want next year. They will limit Kyle's participation. Sponsors will shy away. Attendance will drop from 20 people to 10. You will be able to see the races on the Oprah Network (if you get that channel). Nobody will give a crap.

I love the crop of drivers in NNS. I would still watch for sure, but I doubt many others would. It sounds like such a brilliant idea doesn't it? Let the kids run. Turn the thing into a true minor league. When is the last time you watch a minor league baseball game on TV? When is the last time you saw a minor league game in a major league stadium? What was the attendance of the last minor league game you were at? The thing about many fans is that they talk themselves into stuff to the point that they are certain they are right. But they are not IMO.
I've noticed a theme with your posts. For TRD, Toyota or a Toyota driver and you're all over it with kissy kissy, but everybody else is an idiot and don't have a clue about anything, gotcha. You're obviously a troll and not very good at it.

If they really wanna stop this, just switch up the Nationwide schedule next year. Have a lot less companion races, that way if the Cup guys wanna race they have to fly back and forth between tracks. Some would do it every now and then but I bet a lot less often.

I like that idea.
But I dont think the bean counters would like it, companion events reduce logistical cost.
It also reduces travel expenses for all, not just the drivers. A fast cup tire changer can contract out his services on Saturday with no additional travel expenses etc all the way down to the custodian services.

The purist in me hates the generic big box approach to racing. When the old Busch series started they ran at IRL, GPS, Hickory, Asheville, Rougemont, etc.
They would still run at about a third or half the cup events as companion events, but that model allowed the series to have an identity that was distinct from the cup series, it was sufficient in its own right.

One other untouched component in this thread thus far: The old Busch series had a group of veterns that gave it some extra prestige, that has almost been completely diminished. The model has changed to almost developing young guns to compete against the Busch wackers. You used to have to beat Ingram, Ard, Houston, Ellis, etc when you stepped down.
That was the best era, and I would have preferred watching a Busch race at Hickory than any Cup event, ever. Probably the best racing I have ever seen.

But I understand that corporate loves the companion model, and they will usually if not always win the battle.

I don't have a problem with it if the Cup guys want to run maybe 8-10 NW races a year, but it's a bit excessive when they run the majority of the schedule. The "one championship" rule has curbed this somewhat, but not entirely. It's gonna take more than that to give the NW regulars a chance to win more than just a handful of the races.

Hey I saw a little league baseball game on tv, The parents probably watched

I've noticed a theme with your posts. For TRD, Toyota or a Toyota driver and you're all over it with kissy kissy, but everybody else is an idiot and don't have a clue about anything, gotcha. You're obviously a troll and not very good at it.

No question that I support TRD, Toyota, and Toyota drivers exclusively. Yup, passionate as hell. Pretty sure in several posts that I have given props to other posters for their loyalty. Think there is something in there congratulating Junior Nation for their victory. Think I even gave props to you about your manufacturer loyalty. To refer to my "chirping" as trolling is way out of line. Back it down my friend. I don't think there is any need for the personal attacks here. That's not how I roll.

Don't need to think about anything. I wouldn't go to an NBA D-League game expecting LeBron to suit up.

I'd rather Harvick have one Cup championship than the 30+ Nationwide wins he's earned since moving up from the series after 2001. Seems to me like Kyle fans delude themselves into believing he'll be the best driver of all-time once he gets to 201 career wins across all three series.

I'd watch LeBron in a shoot around at a Senior Center. I mean that. Just feel differently.

No question that I support TRD, Toyota, and Toyota drivers exclusively. Yup, passionate as hell. Pretty sure in several posts that I have given props to other posters for their loyalty. Think there is something in there congratulating Junior Nation for their victory. Think I even gave props to you about your manufacturer loyalty. To refer to my "chirping" as trolling is way out of line. Back it down my friend. I don't think there is any need for the personal attacks here. That's not how I roll.
That's exactly what I mean, my post was an opinion not a "personal attack" and I will continue to give it.

Did Busch fans quit counting Truck wins? I didn't see that memorandum go out. :rolleyes:

That would put a serious hurtin' on Kyles numbers.

You would be referring to that damn NNS guy who went DOWN to get a Truck win? Okay.

That's exactly what I mean, my post was an opinion not a "personal attack" and I will continue to give it.

Not going to do the pissing match thing, but you call somebody a troll to attack his intent. That's personal dude. Regardless, for what it's worth, the intent of my posts is not to piss people off, and then run away (the definition of trolling). You have my word for what it's worth. Additionally, for what it's worth, I respect your posts, and honestly find them thought provoking even though I may not agree with them on many occasions. Come on man.

I bought tickets to the Mexican series race, dont have a dog in that fight but I love to watch them race. Thats probably wrong too but its fun so I do it. Next year I will consult you before I buy any tickets to any races........... A guy my age shouldnt be doing stuff wrong :p

Last edited by a moderator:
A Busch fan would count that I guess. They count everything. :rolleyes: He'll be passing Petty before we know it.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you how many NNS and Truck races Kyle won last year. I don't keep track of that. I just like to watch him race. He did win 4 Cup races last year. That, I absolutely track.....and total NASCAR Toyota victories---264.

Back
Top Bottom