NASCAR Cup Series Championship Pre-Race Thread

Still bitter about Larson flubbing the Roval. If he finished where he was running, he'd have the best average these playoffs, and the most points scored during these playoffs. Would be the favorite again, which bodes well for 2023 - 5 team looks to be a powerhouse.

But even still, not sure. Bell has momentumz but I think the 22 and 1 are the favorites.

Ross was great here in the spring, and is probably the hungriest driver of the four.

Logano is the best of the four, and is the most clutch in the sport. Joey is due for another one.

As far as the 9, something is missing in terms of speed, and Chase doesn't sound confident whatsoever. But win or lose, I hope the Elliott fans here handle it with class.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If Chase wins I'll make sure to mention you extra! Lol

As a Chase fan, even if the 9 doesn't win, 5 wins and the regular season champ is already a stellar season. Being a Chase fan the past two months has been absolutely atrocious and I'm VERY glad this season is over tomorrow, I kinda need a break. Post season 2020 wasn't as remotely as chaotic for us as this year.

As a Chase fan, even if the 9 doesn't win, 5 wins and the regular season champ is already a stellar season. Being a Chase fan the past two months has been absolutely atrocious and I'm VERY glad this season is over tomorrow, I kinda need a break. Post season 2020 wasn't as remotely as chaotic for us as this year.
Agreed. In February everyone's goal is to rack up enough points to make the final 4. You ultimately just want to give yourself a chance. What happens in that last race is a complete toss up more times than not but none of that matters if you're not in it first. They've been able to at least be in it 3 years in a row now which is a hell of an accomplishment on its own.

Fords one two three. Logano from the pole controls the start

1667681416116.png

There's a lot of exciting things happening this off season, it must be hard for you to embrace that right now given the championship race lol

Logano has been acting like they already won the championship. His confidence is through the roof right now

Not sure what to make of it.

Logano has been acting like they already won the championship. His confidence is through the roof right now

Not sure what to make of it.

He’s on pole. You can’t pass in this package. He’s got it.

Haven’t heard any feedback on what slowed Ross. I knew they were trying to gain some mid and long run speed dialed in prior to qualifying. Either they kissed badly or Ross jiggled his run. Confident the car has speed. As much as I’d like Ross to win, Logano and Chase are the favorites.

Haven’t heard any feedback on what slowed Ross. I knew they were trying to gain some mid and long run speed dialed in prior to qualifying. Either they kissed badly or Ross jiggled his run. Confident the car has speed. As much as I’d like Ross to win, Logano and Chase are the favorites.
Logano. Chase will only win with freak track position or if Alan has somehow given him a great long run car.

Probably gonna take some type of crazy strategy to beat the 22, or some bad luck on his part. He’s just now entering his prime where drivers start to dominate. He’s certainly the veteran in this group. But then again, hard to win races from the pole. But then again, he only has to beat 3 drivers.

Probably gonna take some type of crazy strategy to beat the 22, or some bad luck on his part. He’s just now entering his prime where drivers start to dominate. He’s certainly the veteran in this group. But then again, hard to win races from the pole. But then again, he only has to beat 3 drivers.
Logano has to keep control of the race. He has the point and clean air if he can stay out front but they have to be perfect. Long way to go but he is looking strong so far.

Logano has the talent, and *it* factor to be a multitime champion in this series.

Like it or not, he seems to be the guy primed to next reach that somewhat ellusive 2-3 cup championships.

There's a swagger about him all season. Regardless of whether he wraps it up tomorrow, he's winning at least 1 more in the next 5-6 years.q

Seems more like arrogance to me. The way Joey has carried himself this whole season reminds me of why I don't care much for the guy. Especially the "don't mess with me because I'll pay you back twice as hard" tough guy act

It's a swagger. And All the drivers know what happens when you rough up Logano on the track. They get dumped. It's not a tough guy act. It's a nerd telling you that if he feels he's raced inappropriately, he is gonna push back. And he has a track record of doing so.

And guess what? The entire field acknowledges it. Joey is a dork, he's not a tough guy, he's a stick, but he IS the guy you don't **** with. I think that's been pretty clear for a few years. It doesn't matter how tough he is. Joey has 30 wins, 5 final 4 appearances, a championship, and if he feels justified, he's gonna dump you.

Guys don't **** with him. He's earned the right to claim that because this is a fact these last 4 years.

It's a swagger. And All the drivers know what happens when you rough up Logano on the track. They get dumped. It's not a tough guy act. It's a nerd telling you that if he feels he's raced inappropriately, he is gonna push back. And he has a track record of doing so.

And guess what? The entire field acknowledges it. Joey is a dork, he's not a tough guy, he's a stick, but he IS the guy you don't **** with. I think that's been pretty clear for a few years. It doesn't matter how tough he is. Joey has 30 wins, 5 final 4 appearances, a championship, and if he feels justified, he's gonna dump you.

Guys don't **** with him. He's earned the right to claim that because this is a fact these last 4 years.

Funny, how did that work out for him last time he got all ****y? Kenseth put him in his place. I don't recall him getting revenge on Kenseth after he got plowed into the fence, do you?

Funny, how did that work out for him last time he got all ****y? Kenseth put him in his place. I don't recall him getting revenge on Kenseth after he got plowed into the fence, do you?
2015 was 7 years ago, I said 4. Logano isn't pissing ANYONE off, and hasnt since 2015. Logano also acknowledged the Kenseth deal with his fault. He acknowledged that THIS week.

My point is that Logano is a champion, he's AS accomplished as Kenseth, he hasn't pissed anyone off in years, and since his championship, all guys do is bitch about him. He's a top driver in the sport, he's had more success in this sport than anyone outside of Kyle Busch, and Kevin Harvick.

And the field knows how he handles ****, whether it's real or not. That's the point. This isn't about Logano being tough, or paying people back.

It's about a top 3 driver in the sport, a champion, HOFer having a longggg track record of bullying guys on the track, even if his justification is warped.

You're living 7 years in the past. He has a reputation as "the guy who ***** with you" and he has the accolades to lean on.

2015, he didn't

You're living 7 years in the past.

7 years ago, he was acting all high and mighty. Kind of like this year. That's my point. If he keeps it up, eventually it'll come back to bite him. Again.

Will it matter tomorrow? Nope. I think he's the most likely to win. I'm just explaining why I don't care for him.

7 years ago, he was acting all high and mighty. Kind of like this year. That's my point. If he keeps it up, eventually it'll come back to bite him. Again.

Will it matter tomorrow? Nope. I think he's the most likely to win. I'm just explaining why I don't care for him.
It absolutely will not come back to Logano. I'd bet money on that.

That window is safe. Logano is a champion, he's got 14 seasons in expeirence, and is once again, the 3rd most successful active driver. He's safe, imo, and is able to get away with racing however he wants.

The William Byron deal proved it. Joey won the race, Byron threw a tantrum...and at the end of the year, after his tantrum, Byron did nothing.

The series is FULL of Byron's. Not Kenseths. There's not a single driver in the field right now who has the balls to push back against Logano.

The series is FULL of Byron's. Not Kenseths. There's not a single driver in the field right now who has the balls to push back against Logano.

Kenseth had an extremely clean and incident-free track record spanning well over a decade. Was viewed as one of the nicest, cleanest, most level headed front runners in the field. We saw what happened there.

Why did Kyle Busch door slam the 22 with 1.5 laps to go on the backstretch at WWT Raceway then?

Logano clearly the favorite today....kinda.....Chase will be right there. Chastain and Bell need to find something and strategy their way to the front. Track temp will be highest all weekend.....Truly anything can happen IMO.

I would be VERY confident if I were you.

Seems more like arrogance to me. The way Joey has carried himself this whole season reminds me of why I don't care much for the guy. Especially the "don't mess with me because I'll pay you back twice as hard" tough guy act
He’s stepped into the Eddie Haskell “aw shucks, did I do that?” role left vacant by Carl Edwards

Logano has scared the mustache right off of Elliott. He and Ross had better find some speed or it will be embarrasing. I think Elliott has the car, he just needs to drive it.

The entire sport is full of talk and no action. The fact that Ty Gibbs was allowed to win Xfinity championship and Ross Chastain made it to final four are testaments to that. No one has the nads to dump a deserving driver. Noah Grayson talked ish all week about dumping Gibbs, and when given the golden opportunity, declined.

Since the current Cup championship format has been in effect, has the Xfinity champion ever competed in the Cup championship race or will Ty Gibbs be the first to do it ?

asking for a friend . . . .

It absolutely will not come back to Logano. I'd bet money on that.

That window is safe. Logano is a champion, he's got 14 seasons in expeirence, and is once again, the 3rd most successful active driver. He's safe, imo, and is able to get away with racing however he wants.

The William Byron deal proved it. Joey won the race, Byron threw a tantrum...and at the end of the year, after his tantrum, Byron did nothing.

There's a couple, 2 of which he'll be going h2h with today Ross and Chase will not hesitate.

Mundane for who? The people that don't like him? Lol

He was the regular season champion, led the series in wins, laps led, driver rating, etc., and he's their most popular driver and arguably the face of the sport. That's a homerun for NASCAR. This is what they didn't have for so long with Dale Jr.
He's the most popular driver in an unpopular sport. He brings nobody new in. Nascar desperately needs Chastain to win. He has superstar potential.

Back
Top Bottom