nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Funny thing is , when Clint spun with 6 laps to go , I didn't hear a single one of you , nor anybody on tv say , lookie there , he did that to get Truex into the chase . Nobody could have known that Gordon would lose out by 1 point , nobody knew that going into the last lap either . Hindsight is really something .

They should do a points system like F1. For example, have points only awarded to the top 20 finishing positions (e.g. 1st = 20, 2nd = 19....20th = 1). From 21st on back you get 0. Scrap the Chase and award the driver with the highest points at the end of the season with the Championship.

Funny thing is , when Clint spun with 6 laps to go , I didn't hear a single one of you , nor anybody on tv say , lookie there , he did that to get Truex into the chase . Nobody could have known that Gordon would lose out by 1 point , nobody knew that going into the last lap either . Hindsight is really something .
But it wasn't about Gordon losing by 1 point, it was about Newman having two wins for the wild card.

It is if you do it on purpose, just ask Jr. It is just like when a car stops on track to create a caution. Nascar doesn't like it when you manufacturer your own caution for any type of advantage.

I'd like to see the official that's capable of making the call on whether a car spun on purpose, due to mechanical failure or by contact with another car.... it can't be done consistently or accurately . Which is why NASCAR has always kept that term "at NASCAR's discretion" in their rule books.

I'd like to see the official that's capable of making the call on whether a car spun on purpose, due to mechanical failure or by contact with another car.... it can't be done consistently or accurately . Which is why NASCAR has always kept that term "at NASCAR's discretion" in their rule books.

Jr was right on his bumper and probably took the air off his spoiler. Along with that right front going down, what was Clint supposed to do? ;)

I don't think there is any way nascar can sanction Clint, but the other drivers will give him a hard time on the track. It may be fun watching him try to pass Gordon during the chase.

If the 24 qualified better throughout the session, has one less DNF and had faster cars they'd have been in. I'm not blaming Clint for Jeff Gordon missing the Chase.

There are other issues at hand though. Clint spun on purpose. There is no possible way for any reasonable person to dispute this fact. Also Vickers drove 79 mph so that the 22 could pass him.

Carl Edwards blatantly jumped the final restart.

Add that to Brad cheating the restart during NNS race on and it's just making me rethink whether or not I want to be a NASCAR fan anymore. I've stuck with NASCAR for over 15 years but this may be too much. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few days. Right now I feel like I'm done watching the races live (I'll record them). I may also be done spending money on NASCAR. (no more races, gear or premium web services) I just don't know, man. I never thought I'd feel like this. It sucks.

At least some you people may get some joy out of my obvious dissapointment so that's good, right? Have at it! Haha

Nas-scam is not going to do a thing about the Boyer spin but they should. I would park him for at least 1 race or just disqualify the 15 team from the Chase period. That would fix them all.

Park Clint for the rest of the season and give his spot to the driver that got screwed the most by this crap, the 24.

But it wasn't about Gordon losing by 1 point, it was about Newman having two wins for the wild card.

That makes more sense than all of the Gordon crap , but he still couldn't have known that Ryan wouldn't still win.

To me this is way bigger drama than one driver wrecking another. This cuts right to the core of the rules and how to game the nas-scam system. This incident with Boyer and MWR is about as obvious as it can get. Nas-scam should throw down the gauntlet of them but they dont have the balls. There is a rat in the wood pile on this one.

One more thing. Multi car teams are just one of the things wrong with the sport and this is proof!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gordon probably wouldn't have had a chance in hell anyway had he made the Chase, he was 11th in points with zero wins going into Richmond for a reason.

These drivers have watched nascar throw the yellow when it suited them, taking away wins in the process. That reality just makes it easier for teams to do the same.

Good, or bad, bet there's a lot of eyes on the race next week in Chicago.

Exactly. Maybe things went too far last night, but I've never considered nascar to be purist racing. It's at it's best when it's a SHOW about racing, and I think many former fans are. Earnhardt wasn't a purest, and millions loved him for it.

In the past, top teams might enter a second car at the end of the season to help the chances of the primary car winning the cup. Sometimes teams engage in shenanigans help them win the Cup. Bowyer's spin makes me wonder about team orders which doesn't sit well with me. I don't think NASCAR can do anything about it but the integrity of the sport lies in the hands of the drivers and teams.

Does anybody know what the point standings would be under the old system?

They didn't show a decent replay until after the race. They certainly didn't play the in-car camera and audio until the post-race show.

Realistically, this is nothing new to NASCAR.

We just have more eyes on it now, and more ways to interact with each other. Before, we might have seen something fishy, but had no cyberspace to voice our thoughts to the world.

cb.jpg

Realistically, this is nothing new to NASCAR.

We just have more eyes on it now, and more ways to interact with each other. Before, we might have seen something fishy, but had no cyberspace to voice our thoughts to the world.

Been going on since that Greek olympic marathon runner asked his fellow Greek team mate to trip that fast Roman runner..... yep I'm old enough to remember that controversy.

Guess that's what happens when you have teammates trying to make the chase.

This actually isn't new, been around for as long as team-based sports existed, it happens fairly often in F1 (Senna was one of the few that DIDN'T let his teammate pass unless it was a goodwill gesture). :p

So what's the point of having "Teams" if you can't help out your team mates?

BTW, I'm working on a theory that JJ and his wifey conspired 9 months ago to conceive the timing of their childs birth so JJ would have an excuse to have a bad night at Richmond thus increasing the odds that his Hendrick teammates Gordon and Kahne would make The Chase...... it Almost Worked too!

Gordon probably wouldn't have had a chance in hell anyway had he made the Chase, he was 11th in points with zero wins going into Richmond for a reason.
Clint claims his right front was going down, and that picture in your avatar sure makes it look that way if you look at it close up.(if you click on it and get a better view)

So what's the point of having "Teams" if you can't help out your team mates?

BTW, I'm working on a theory that JJ and his wifey conspired 9 months ago to conceive the timing of their childs birth so JJ would have an excuse to have a bad night at Richmond thus increasing the odds that his Hendrick teammates Gordon and Kahne would make The Chase...... it Almost Worked too!
Now thats a team player (and wife).

Clint claims his right front was going down, and that picture in your avatar sure makes it look that way if you look at it close up.(if you click on it and get a better view)
Watch the in-car replay again, you can clearly hear the tire pop AFTER he spins.

I love a great conspiracy theory!

I have to give credit to all those involved. if they are capable of calculating all the different scenarios and potential impact of each move as they happen, plus forsee how other racers will finish, if they finish, and then orchestrate the timing of the game plan so as to bring about the perfect result...

and we think we know more than these guys? I don't think so!

we're probably smarter than brian france and nascar, but team #15 may have executed the perfect game plan.:D

he spun after he was told that Newman was going to win the race. if Newman won, Truex would've been bumped out. bringing out the caution meant that there was another chance for Newman to lose.

Watch the in-car replay again, you can clearly hear the tire pop AFTER he spins.
I never did watch the replay, but that makes sense that the flat was a result of the spin not the cause.
Clint sure showed all the signs of a liar during last nights interview.

Thank you Clint Bowyer...what a swell guy.. team player he is, even helped one of his ex Toyota teammates get in the chase... poor Jeffy :XXROFL:
Funny that you hate on Jeff when Joey's idol is Gordon & Joey was seen as "the next Jeff Gordon" coming into cup.

Back
Top Bottom