nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Wow, all kinds of shady dealings coming to the surface...

If there's one benefit to all of this, it's that its making the Chase look like a complete and utter farce. Maybe after all the heartache it's caused them the last few days, NASCAR will consider doing away with the damn thing.

One can only hope.

nascar has an attendance problem now. What will it be like after this fiasco is finally over. There are many fans that are disgusted with Nascar and the whole episode.

Longer yellow and you'll have cars running out of gas as nascar sorts this out. I say don't make ANYTHING official until 2 or 3 days later.

But the bottom line is teams will do this smoother and get away with it no matter what nascar does.
Red flag it then in cases of potential foul play, but switching teams in and out a day later is ridiculous. Make the call during the event or don't, bottom line is I watched that race for nothing.

And we all know if Kasey Kahne had spun out intentionally to get Dale Jr in the chase, Nascar would not have done diddly squat about it.

@MartinTruexJr56
Difficult situation for everyone involved. I hope we can all move on. Im looking forward to Chicago, seeing all my fans & getting back in My #56 NAPA Toyota. Thank you for all the messages. They are much appreciated.

Pretty big deal that Mikeys sponsors are looking in to this. Now they could really hurt him if they pulled the plug. I bet Aarons is having second thoughts now.

Driver talking to driver? They aren't allowed to do that anymore right? Or only at restrictor plate tracks?

I am totally disgusted, by all of this. Honourable drivers/teams should all hate each other and only communicate in a few limited ways:

First and foremost a well timed Finger is good for almost any situation. Universally correct and proper for drivers, fans etc at the race track, weddings and funerals, you can never go wrong with the trusted finger.
2. If any actual verbal exchanges are in order it should almost start with "look here if you do that one more time you sorry s.o.b. and I am gonna.....
3. If Skeen is your last name it is ok to say " you do that one my time and my gf is gonna whup your .... on national TV....

Anything other than that is just wrong.

what a big load a' pc bull dookie ole jeffie is tossin out there !
especially w/ a kids cancer society backdrop.
super bad taste on his part.................................

I'll go ahead and post the same thing here I posted in the "Illegal communication" thread not too long ago:

Penske buying a position for Logano to be in the chase does sound pretty bad, but agreements like that happen all the time. I've heard radio communications where a spotter tells a driver to let another driver go plenty of times before.

That said, Logano shouldn't be in the chase because he wouldn't be in the chase had Bowyer not spun out intentionally. I guess people seem to be forgetting that.

From Jayski...

Gordon say code of conduct was violated at Richmond: #24-Jeff Gordon said he's dealt with an unprecedented level of anger and disappointment after his team was essentially robbed of a Chase for the Sprint Cup berth on Saturday night at Richmond International Raceway. In the final laps, Clint Bowyer and teammate Brian Vickers made unnecessary pit stops that allowed Joey Logano to pass them on the track; Logano ended up with one more point than Gordon to remain in the top 10 and secure a Chase slot. "When I found out later how they manipulated it, that was anger on a whole 'nother level," Gordon said Wednesday before playing a charity kickball game to benefit pediatric cancer research. "It's hard to describe and it's disappointing. You realize people all want to do things for their teammates to help them, but you also know there are certain lines that have to be drawn with that." Gordon said after hearing about everything that happened during the race, his team "deserves to be in this thing." He spoke as if the possibility of making the Chase still existed after learning of suspicious radio chatter involving David Gilliland and Logano, but he declined to comment on that situation until he knows more.
Though Gordon said he could have been more aggressive on the final restart  like shoving other cars out of the way or possibly even wrecking them  he only went as far as he deemed fair under the code of sportsmanship. "There are certain morals that are still involved with what you're comfortable with doing and not comfortable with doing," he said. "And it has an effect on far more people than we could ever understand. That's what I've really learned through this situation: It's way beyond me and you, it's way beyond the sport, it's beyond the fans. It reaches out much further than that. And that's what is so important for NASCAR to work on maintaining  and also us as competitors, we have a responsibility there as well."(USA Today)(9-12-2013)

Dad by day more information leaks out about other teams cheating in the Richmond race September 7.
First it was Boyers spin being ordered by the MWR Leadership, then Vickers crew requesting him to pit ( It appears that Brian Vickers is not complacent in this mess) But MWR and Boyer are caught red handed. Now we hear about Penske leadership and Gilliands handlers concocting a plan to benefit Joey Logano.

On top of all that, the Restart in the Nationwide race screwed Brian Scott out of a victory Friday Night, and on Saturday nigh another re-start violation allowed Carl Edwards to win.

THIS IS BUSH LEAGUE STUFF, AND THIS ALL HAPPENED IN TWO EVENTS IN RICHMOND, WHAT I WONDER BWENT ON BEHIND THE SCENES IN THE OTHER 20 PLUS RACES??. NASCAR IS GUILTY OF ,

1. NOT REGULATING THIS CRAP IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER.

2. HAVING " FAVORITES ", and not having single rules that everyone must follow, such as a RESTART RULE THAT IS ENFORCED EVERY TIME.

First the sponsors will leave, then the fans, all the track promoters are now loosing sleep, billions of dollars are at stake, and where is INTEGRITY. Look at our American president, a man who lies at every opportunity, why, American citizens, yes, RACE FANS ARE THE REASON, NASCAR-OBAMA, ARE ALL A REFLECTION OF US, WE MUST HAVE INTEGRITY IN ORDER TO EXPECT OTHERS TO HAVE IT.
So demand more from NASCAR, OBAMA, and yourself, STOP THE LIEING AND CHEATING. SO ALL OF YOU MORONS WHO WANT TO SAY
SOMETHING CONTRARY TO THIS , LOOK IN THE MIRROR, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

well I guess this answers the question on if something will be done by NASCAR

bb8c7ce21bb711e3be5222000a1fafb5_7.jpg

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/shakeandbake/angry-jeff-gordon-fans-are-uniting-online-091213

Sep
JEFF GORDON FANS ARE UNITING ONLINE... AND THEY'RE ANGRY
Posted by Texas Ranger Bobby at 4:30p ET
Jeff Gordon

image.adapt.620.high.jpg

(Patrick Smith)
The unhappiest NASCAR fans this week could be those who pull for Jeff Gordon. Even with all of the recent shakeups following the Richmond controversy, he still finds himself on the outside of the Chase picture. Well, Gordon fans are trying to get that changed ... any way they can.

An online petition at Change.org - titled "NASCAR: Disqualify Clint Bowyer and Joey Logano from the Chase and add Jeff Gordon" - has almost 10,000 signatures. In addition to a video of Bowyer's controversial spinout, the page makes the following plea:

Jeff Gordon has been screwed out of a Chase spot through the work of cheaters. Clint Bowyer and Joey Logano deserve to lose their chance at a championship for their actions at Richmond on Saturday, September 7. ...We watch NASCAR expecting fair and competitive races, and that clearly did not happen at Richmond. While the fans appreciate the fact that NASCAR did something positive and penalized Michael Waltrip Racing as a whole, NASCAR has not done nearly enough. Jeff Gordon was affected equally by the cheating of MWR and Penske Racing, and he deserves to take a spot in the Chase over Bowyer and Logano. There is no place for cheaters in the Chase or NASCAR. Period.
With this legion of dedicated followers at his back, Gordon should run for political office when his driving days are over.

Jeff Gordons fan base just expanded enormously, it was already big but Damn.

I signed that petition days ago. :D

If only petitions really did work. lol

Question.

Just say for laughs that 3 Hendrick cars decided to run side by side and block all traffic so the 4th could win the championship. Legal?

Question.

Just say for laughs that 3 Hendrick cars decided to run side by side and block all traffic so the 4th could win the championship. Legal?

That would be hilarious to watch.

I dont know that they can do that on a big track but in places like Martinsville, Phoenix, New Hampshire they can all stay out at some point and put on a block parade.

Surely you can pass 1 or 2 cars but it is unlikely you would pass all four say in the last 10-15 laps.

I think Jeff got shafted. It is a no win situation, if he lobbys to hard people won't like that either.
I don't think nascar will change anything either. I dont think it politics or a conspiracy, I think they want closure.

But the closure will not happen, people will be talking about this for a long time, long after all the participants retire.

For this to happen you'd have to assume that Jeff could catch up to them to run side by side. I think that's a stretch.

C'mon, man. I can't believe you said that.

They can always pick Jeff up when they come around to lap him, then drag the bake so he can keep up.

well I guess this answers the question on if something will be done by NASCAR

bb8c7ce21bb711e3be5222000a1fafb5_7.jpg

I would have just gone with Fender's photoshob job.

I'm surprised they got them all together. I would have imagined one was off doing some sponsor stuff in Walla Walla or some place and couldn't get back in time for the new picture.

stenhouse fastest in practice.
i smell a conspiracy at rousch ta help biff/carl in chase ! ha!

check his fuel.:) No really, Stenhouse the last three weeks has woke up.He qualify's well, is fast, but falls like a rock when the race starts. Goes back to check on Danica I guess.

From Jayski:

NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said no decision had been made on whether a 13th team would be added to the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

A minor speck of hope for us Jeff Gordon fans. They could have just flat out declined that they would ever add a 4th team.

P.S. yes we Gordon fans get it, he isn't likely to get it. But doesn't mean we aren't going to talk about it cause he should be in.

From Jayski:

A minor speck of hope for us Jeff Gordon fans. They could have just flat out declined that they would ever add a 4th team.

P.S. yes we Gordon fans get it, he isn't likely to get it. But doesn't mean we aren't going to talk about it cause he should be in.

Let it go, bro. Not gonna happen

NASCAR has announced that Brian France and Mike Helton will hold a press conference at 3:55pm/et at Chicagoland Speedway.(9-13-2013)

Back
Top Bottom