NASCAR HEAT 3

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Blaze, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

2. DSquad48

DSquad48 Wizard/Mall Santa

I like the cover.

Anybody here play heat 2? What’s y’all’s gamertags?

2 Sweet and Fordracing7 like this.
  3. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

nascarfan49- PSN

4. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

XBOX Dir7ysteve

5. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

...um were those dirt late models on a roadcourse?

DUN24 likes this.
  6. DSquad48

Yep lmao

DUN24 likes this.
  7. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Oh jebus

jws926 likes this.
  8. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I hope with the owning your own team thing it has it so we can sign drivers away from teams. That would be pretty awesome. Also hope I get to name my driver lol.

9. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

XB1 - RazorLS1

I haven't played Heat in months though, and when I do, I'm usually drunk. Fair warning lol

DSquad48 likes this.
  10. DSquad48

Seems that’s par for the course LOL

2 Sweet likes this.
  11. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

I mean what the **** with the dirt cars on a dirt road course? I’m sure we can imagine the physics on dirt will be the same and previously. Wasn’t this supposed to be the same company that is all about player input? I didn’t see dirt late models turning right on anyone’s wish list.

CodeMan125 and ChexOrWrex like this.
  12. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

The NASCAR heat games are awful. I expected a huge improvement from 1 to 2 because they “valued player feedback” but it was all for not. Its a $60 console game with $4.99 mobile game graphics, physics, and AI difficulty.

Play Forza or Project Cars instead.

Fordracing7 likes this.
  13. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

I just hope they have on an on track map this year

jws926 likes this.
  14. ChexOrWrex

Higher frame rate? Better graphics and damage model? Day to night race transition? Huge improvement to racing physics? Upgrade rivals system? Increase the AI difficulty?

Nope. Dirt late model road courses it is.

2 Sweet likes this.
  15. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

It’s no project cars but the game is basically free because of the discount card towards tickets

2 Sweet likes this.
  16. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Can someone just rerelease NASCAR 2005 Chase for the Cup? That was my favorite console NASCAR game and it looked a lot better

Truex_rox, CodeMan125, Joker and 3 others like this.
  17. Snappy D

Ditto for me but I wish they’d just rerelease NASCAR Thunder 04 with today’s drivers, manufactures, tracks and point systems. To me it’s the GOAT of nascar games, I still play that game when I need a good NASCAR game to play

Brentford, jws926 and 2 Sweet like this.
  18. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I’ve played both, really didn’t care for project cars and Forza is fun every once and awhile. The last Heat game I liked, hated the first one tho.

19. jws926

I third this.

Larsonfan1995 likes this.
  20. ChexOrWrex

PCars and Forza are as close to simulation racing can get on console. More PCars than Forza.

The NASCAR games are arcade style and feature driving physics that are way outta touch.

21. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Just wasn’t my style ‍♂️Forza can be fun sometimes, and I do enjoy it. Project Cars just wasn’t fun at all to me.

22. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

Dirt late models on a road course, we are really going for an arcade feel here it looks like. Does Brian France oversee 704 Games? Don't fix the glaring problems with something, just put some more gimmicks in.

jws926 likes this.
  23. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

I'm looking forward to Heat 4 with sprint cars on street courses and school buses racing underwater.

24. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Haven't ever played any of the Heat games but this one looks pretty cool. It's pretty much modern Dirt 2 Daytona and that was my favorite NASCAR game.

Marcingak and LJ7201 like this.
  25. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

I'll be honest I think sprint cars on a street circuit be kinda cool to see.

jws926 likes this.
  26. MRM

MRM Team Owner

The last good sim game of NASCAR was NASCAR Racing 2003. I wouldn't call iRacing a sim, but I hear it's very good. They also have a dirt version. I would play those except their online only and I don't have time to play against those that take it too seriously.

Fordracing7, AuzGrams and 2 Sweet like this.
  27. Truex_rox

Truex_rox Furniture Row's Biggest Fan

The next coming of Dirt to Daytona 2 is what they have been hailing it as. Frankly, I don't know about that.

28. DSquad48

I wish people who played Heat online took it more seriously. Every lobby seems to be filled with idiots who will crash you if you try to pass them.

29. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

I still have it...best Nascar game.

30. ChexOrWrex

If the creators took the game more seriously and made it less arcade-like, the losers would log into something else easier to play. The game is 10 years behind the times.

DSquad48 likes this.
  31. ChexOrWrex

Confirmed, no caution replays and no day to night transitions in NH3 despite fan requests.

Instead they give us late models that turn right on dirt.

32. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner Contributor

It's a stupid gimmick just like stage racing.

33. Snappy D

That’s laughable.I feel like There was day to night transitions for NASCAR 98 on my PlayStation 1. Incredible they can’t figure it out for PlayStation 4. It’s also humerous you can’t do caution replays, that’s a fun part of F1 games from Codemasters. NASCAR gaming looks to be in a dark dark place which is a shame because if we could get someone who gave a $hit to make the games, I feel like it’s a sleeping giant.

34. aroundgoes

aroundgoes Crew Chief

I still play NASCAR CHASE FOR THE CUP to this day

35. jws926

I don't know if this is good news or not .

36. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Gotta love how they have eSports and iRacing, yet has any driver made it big FROM sim racing?

If NH3 is like Dirt 2 Daytona I'll buy it.

37. RacerrecaR

RacerrecaR Orange cone

Landon Cassill comes to mind.

38. Snappy D

William Byron got his start ON A COMPUTER!!!!

AuzGrams likes this.
  39. ChexOrWrex

Unless they break away from Unity, the fanbase is being cheated. Asking $50 for a mobile platform-at best styled game.

I’ll wait to buy a used copy for <$20

40. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I mean I guess continuity is a good thing if they continue to take feedback and improve the game.

I wish these games were worth buying, but they just aren't right now. Didn't even consider buying Heat 2, and this one doesn't look much different. The graphics are crap and the cars drive no different than they did in the old EA games.