NASCAR HEAT 3

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Blaze, Jul 8, 2018.

1. cganassi42

cganassi42 Spectator

I want to play as a crew chief

2. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Ok, maybe someone can explain this to me, but this video shows my biggest grip with this game right off the bat: Not being able to make a basic turn without scorching the tires and damn near spinning out, or spinning out instantly. Is it set up? Something else? I purchased NH1 and tinkered around with setups and such and could never find a way around this so I stopped playing it. I didn't even consider purchasing NH2 because the first one was literally unplayable. And those god awful screeching sound effects...barf.

3. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

That car looks extremely loose throw some wedge into it and put some air pressure into the tires. I’m actually thinking of buying this game after work today. On the fence, I can’t find any reviews on it. I have Heat 2...it’s nothing special just a game. I played one season on it and got tired of the sketchy handling on the cars. And there’s still no damn track map it looks like.

4. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

I’ve been racing in a couple heat 2 online leagues. You’re a second off the pace if you aren’t at a 45 wedge and like 40psi in the right side tires. Basically spinning out the whole time but it is a blast with 20 people all quick as hell.

What you do is turn the assists off, and you can actually gas it to straighten out on corner entry. Completely bassackwards but it works

Fordracing7 likes this.
  5. *WEAVER*

*WEAVER* Team Owner

The dirt late models are the best thing is this game. I've been playing it for a couple hours or so, and they actually are kinda fun, and with some tweaking could be really fun.

DUN24 likes this.
  6. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

is the game better than last year's? I am about to go buy it in a few here and trade in Heat 2

7. *WEAVER*

*WEAVER* Team Owner

It's ok I guess. I had a bunch of games I wasn't playing so just traded them in for it to give it a try. It still feels like NASCAR heat 2 to me, maybe like a 2.5 lol. I could see these guys doing a better job at a short track game, the dirt tracks actually look pretty good.

CodeMan125 and Snappy D like this.
  8. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

I'm considering buying this but I didn't like the last one at all.. do the cars handle anything like they did in NTG 15? The last one just turned me off with how as soon asas you touch the brakes your sliding the tires and damn near impossible to run consistently it's like if u tap the brakes the driver floors the brake pedal and if u don't ur up the track being passed by the whole field.

9. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

The random excessive oversteer is still there

10. Mr. Gregory

Mr. Gregory Randa "Quiet Storm" Markos

*walks upstairs*

So, yeah, I think I'm gonna buy this game. No, the graphics aren't amazing, and the car sounds aren't great, but I ran a couple of quick races at Charlotte and did some practice at Road America, and it's actually pretty fun. I've been looking for something more on the arcade side for those times when I need a break from the likes of Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, and Gran Turismo Sport.

It's on sale right now on the PS Store for $30. That sounds like a fair price to me. I don't think I'll get any of the paint scheme packs since I haven't been following NASCAR, but we'll see what happens.