NASCAR HEAT 3

Maybe play in career mode, cause yeah outside of career I can easily win. But when you play career mode it’s not as easy. At least for me.

Also, I just want to say where before 3, I was in favor of the dirt road course. Since 3 and also 4, I hate it. 75 laps it took to finish a 10 lap race.

Hopefully they fix the difficulty in the first patch. That's one thing that concerned me watching the video posted above. The guy sucks at driving and still easily makes his way to the front on max difficulty

Now that I've played this game many more hours, I can honestly say the plate racing is absolutely INCREDIBLE (with AI skill set to narrow, more forgiving contact for AI and player, drafting partners enabled, 105 difficulty, no damage, no tire/fuel wear, default setup).

^This plate racing is the most fun I've ever had in a console racing game, and I'll even put it above NR2003 and iRacing....this coming from someone who has played practically every racing game imaginable since 1995.

Do you guys race with a wheel? I find it pretty difficult to actually brake effectively and make corners at places like Martinsville and road courses using a regular controller.

Do you guys race with a wheel? I find it pretty difficult to actually brake effectively and make corners at places like Martinsville and road courses using a regular controller.
Controller....go into settings and mess with sensitivity and dead zone until you find something that's comfortable. Also, putting steering lock to 8 and adjusting brake bias in custom setups is helpful at most tracks.

Kind of frustrated because I got the gold edition but can't find how to unlock Gordon even after entering the code. Also didn't realize you had to pre order to get access to Martinsville at night. Bummer.

Kind of frustrated because I got the gold edition but can't find how to unlock Gordon even after entering the code. Also didn't realize you had to pre order to get access to Martinsville at night. Bummer.

Damn that’s weird it ain’t showing for you. I don’t remember having that problem. I think I actually had to still go to the store and download it. I think the code just gives you the car, but like I’m sure that’s what I did but idk lol.

I may just up and buy 4 based on what you guy's are saying. At least I'll get new paint schemes even if it disappoints.

I didn't like the physics on 1 or 2 but still played it. The AI difficulty has long needed fixing, along with their pit strategies etc.

09' was the best online play I've experienced on the plate tracks and non-plate. Was RowdyBolt on there heavy.

BigTurtle84 now but play mostly offline now unless I find gold for a $1 :)

Damn that’s weird it ain’t showing for you. I don’t remember having that problem. I think I actually had to still go to the store and download it. I think the code just gives you the car, but like I’m sure that’s what I did but idk lol.
Yep, did it thru the store, then went and downloaded the September pass in the game itself for the other paint schemes. Restarted the system and everything and still nothing. I read people were having this issue on launch day so maybe it's a lingering issue that will get fixed with a patch but so far it doesn't seem promising. No idea who I can contact for something like that either.

I downloaded 4 gold edition earlier this week to drive the Roval. WOW, they've made some massive improvements to this game since 2. My Career is AWESOME. I was 1 year in as a backmarker in Cup and now replaced JJ in the 48 to get my first win.

The AI interaction/difficulty has so many options you can tweak, there's no way it's too easy. Engine noise is dead on. This is the best NASCAR console game I have ever played.

Amazon'd a Logitech G920 with pedals. Previously was always on controller, it takes some getting used to, but my goodness it's easier to hold a steady wheel on the plate tracks and 1.5s.

Even though I’m still racing Nascar 15, and liking it.

I’ve watched many of people’s Heat 4 videos they’ve put online... visually there seems to be a nice improvement in the gameplay... just from watching. The last couple years I wasn’t really that impressed after seeing some videos of heat 2, 3...
15 is a great game.. my favorite in the past 10 years or more

15 is a great game.. my favorite in the past 10 years or more

Nice! I think it’s well done for a console nascar game, honestly. Racing is fun, I think it looks pretty good. Paint shop is a big win for me on it.

Nice! I think it’s well done for a console nascar game, honestly. Racing is fun, I think it looks pretty good. Paint shop is a big win for me on it.
I used to LOVE the paint booth.. I would make crazy paint schemes with characters from dragonball z.. super mario.. and I did a south park one too

Screenshot_20190927-135508_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190927-135646_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190927-135610_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190927-135556_Facebook.jpg

I'm quite proud of those lol.. they all got deleted because of a system freeze though

Are the South Park characters something you created with all the decals? Or did you get those images into the game...?

I’ve always wondered if people found a way to get images into the game.

I’ve always created stuff as brushes. Which obviously takes quite some time

Are the South Park characters something you created with all the decals? Or did you get those images into the game...?

I’ve always wondered if people found a way to get images into the game.

I’ve always created stuff as brushes. Which obviously takes quite some time
I made them ..They're made out of shapes in the decals.. layers and layers of them.

I'm missing some, but a few of my pride and joy creations.

IMG_1842.jpg

20160113_224916 (2).jpg

gf wanted one for when she drives...
IMG_9248.PNG

What % races are y'all running in My Career mode? I'm thinking 25% on x4 wear on Hard difficulty initially.

This is what NH4 has to offer? I dont even know what happened. Looks like absolute **** and this is advertised by NASCAR itself.

This is what NH4 has to offer? I dont even know what happened. Looks like absolute sh!t and this is advertised by NASCAR itself.

I'm trying to imagine a worse indicator as to the credibility of this "pro" "racing" series sanctioned by NASCAR.

I'm still a tad dubious of the way iRacing competition is treated by its enthusiasts, but it is infinitely more worthwhile than this garbage.

This is what NH4 has to offer? I dont even know what happened. Looks like absolute sh!t and this is advertised by NASCAR itself.

That clip and hood view makes the whole game look arcade bad. Looked like online lag to me, which has always been a problem with their servers or Xbox live whatever. Offline it's an improvement from past Heat versions imo (not perfect by any means). Definitely best my career mode I've played, ****pit view is more real. Just don't expect iRacing level realness and track scan, they can't compete with them. Gets you into sim racing on the cheap if you're already setup on Xbox.

That clip and hood view makes the whole game look arcade bad. Looked like online lag to me, which has always been a problem with their servers or Xbox live whatever. Offline it's an improvement from past Heat versions imo (not perfect by any means). Definitely best my career mode I've played, ****pit view is more real. Just don't expect iRacing level realness and track scan, they can't compete with them. Gets you into sim racing on the cheap if you're already setup on Xbox.
704 charging full price for this hot garbage is highway robbery.

iRacing is infinitely more expensive but you get what you pay for.

I had a great race online the other day. Another player and I exchanged the lead 3 or 4 times throughout a 35 lap race at Bristol. What really impressed me was as the tires wore, it made different grooves faster. Lap 1-15 of the run I was on the bottom because I felt slow on the top and I was losing ground to the leader till my car started to get really loose around lap 15, and I moved up top and got faster ran the leader down. Then we were slide jobbing each other and in an online rarity, only made contact once. It was very enjoyable. Usually online short track races are wreckfests. I enjoy this game more than any other since Chase for the Cup 2005.

I had a great race online the other day. Another player and I exchanged the lead 3 or 4 times throughout a 35 lap race at Bristol. What really impressed me was as the tires wore, it made different grooves faster. Lap 1-15 of the run I was on the bottom because I felt slow on the top and I was losing ground to the leader till my car started to get really loose around lap 15, and I moved up top and got faster ran the leader down. Then we were slide jobbing each other and in an online rarity, only made contact once. It was very enjoyable. Usually online short track races are wreckfests. I enjoy this game more than any other since Chase for the Cup 2005.

Nice. It's very satisfying when you find that online room that races clean.

Back
Top Bottom