NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

Cool pic. Two with that scheme, Nascar needs to do something with that crowd they will never survive with those low numbers lol
1651167336691.png

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but JR was saying that nascar would not allow teams to center the number on the door for the throwback cars

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but JR was saying that nascar would not allow teams to center the number on the door for the throwback cars

Of course.

I would LOVE to hear NASCAR try and explain the logic behind that. I'm sure it would be some BS about sponsorship value, a new rule about uniformity so the cars are easily identified by race control, blah blah blah. When in reality the teams should have the option to put the number wherever they want on the side, as long as it's visible.

The real reason is that NASCAR knows they made a decision that is unpopular with a lot of fans, and allowing teams to move the numbers for a throwback could potentially reignite that discussion once it reminds everyone how much better it looks to have it centered on the door. But NASCAR made their decision and they will continue to double down and micromanage things that don't need to be controlled.

Of course.

I would LOVE to hear NASCAR try and explain the logic behind that. I'm sure it would be some BS about sponsorship value, a new rule about uniformity so the cars are easily identified by race control, blah blah blah. When in reality the teams should have the option to put the number wherever they want on the side, as long as it's visible.

The real reason is that NASCAR knows they made a decision that is unpopular with a lot of fans, and allowing teams to move the numbers for a throwback could potentially reignite that discussion once it reminds everyone how much better it looks to have it centered on the door. But NASCAR made their decision and they will continue to double down and micromanage things that don't need to be controlled.
The real reason is that race cars run on sponsorship money. Nothing happens in racing without them partnering with teams. Grim reality for some it seems so numbers forward it is. Those fans should write the sponsors and tell them they don't like them having more space on the car :idunno:

The real reason is that race cars run on sponsorship money. Nothing happens in racing without them partnering with teams. Grim reality for some it seems so numbers forward it is. Those fans should write the sponsors and tell them they don't like them having more space on the car :idunno:

So why doesn't NASCAR let the teams/sponsors make the call? Riddle me that

So why doesn't NASCAR let the teams/sponsors make the call? Riddle me that
It's a spec for the car, something that was decided before hand by Nascar. teams and the sponsors.

NASCAR confirmed the change Friday as well, and said in a statement: “There remains incredible interest from new owners and new sponsors in joining the NASCAR family. We are committed to working with our race team partners to innovate and deliver opportunities to increase the value to sponsors who support our sport.”

It's a spec for the car, something that was decided before hand by Nascar. teams and the sponsors.

NASCAR confirmed the change Friday as well, and said in a statement: “There remains incredible interest from new owners and new sponsors in joining the NASCAR family. We are committed to working with our race team partners to innovate and deliver opportunities to increase the value to sponsors who support our sport.”

If that's true, they must only care about Cup sponsors. Forget all those Trucks and Xfinity sponsors with that pesky number still located on the door taking up valuable space :rolleyes:

At least it isn't some mental gymnastics stretch to find another way to throw back to his dad. "Here's a throwback to the car my dad drove to school when he was 16!"

They need to suck it up and do the obvious: throw back to Chase's Nationwide Series championship car. Are they just afraid that they'll confirm his current NAPA schemes are garbage compared to the OG one he ran?

The racing is good this season, so they got to find something to complain about. I don’t ever remember folks complaining about throwbacks where the number wasn’t in the middle of the OG scheme, but here OH NO IT RUINS IT!!!!
I dont think as a fan I have to like everything NASCAR does. I have remained pretty open minded to most of the changes they've done and if not, Ill make a snarky comment and move on as to not disrupt the board or keep things moving here. I think I can have an opinion on matters and my opinion on the number placement is it looks awful. and it looks stupid.

I dont think as a fan I have to like everything NASCAR does. I have remained pretty open minded to most of the changes they've done and if not, Ill make a snarky comment and move on as to not disrupt the board or keep things moving here. I think I can have an opinion on matters and my opinion on the number placement is it looks awful. and it looks stupid.
Oh most definitely you can. But they’ve been plenty of damn paint schemes that have looked amazing and even better with the new number placement, and it doesn’t ruin the racing at all.

Like this
47_Stenhouse_AutoClub_2022_1200x520-copy-922x400.jpg

Looks way cooler than this

wJfAkHm_d.webp

Oh most definitely you can. But they’ve been plenty of damn paint schemes that have looked amazing and even better with the new number placement, and it doesn’t ruin the racing at all.

Like this
47_Stenhouse_AutoClub_2022_1200x520-copy-922x400.jpg

Looks way cooler than this

wJfAkHm_d.webp
You can read Honey Nut Cheerios from the backstretch of a 1.5. Sponsors who are footing the bill like those sort of things.

You can read Honey Nut Cheerios from the backstretch of a 1.5. Sponsors who are footing the bill like those sort of things.
Like when I saw this car on tv the other week, I was like WHOA, that thing looks very amazing.

They been some ugly schemes with the new number placement, but they was ugly ones with the old one also.

Alright we might be running out of good ideas for throwbacks

Uh oh someone wasn't getting her cut

Back
Top Bottom