NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

Looks fine to me. Very similar to the old scheme, which I liked too. Ideally I would have hoped for something significantly different, but after being so underwhelmed by the rest of the HMS unveils, I'm not too surprised with the result.

I don't think it's ugly, but the lack of creativity and imagination that goes into copying and pasting a truck series scheme onto the cup champion's car is making me not like it out of principle. It may honestly be Chase that doesn't want a non white car.

Es-II0-Ql-WMAkf1-Pc.jpg

The rest of the pics here.....

The epitome of “meh”. HMS has some of the lamest car schemes, which is terrible considering their history.

It looks good! Too bad I missed out on like 7 or 8 different tweets that chopped up the one picture. Someone probably put a lot of thought into that idea for the unveiling

hopefully other sponsors will skip doing such silliness

Hendrick design team you say? You're giving them too much credit LOL. Same person that designed the Kraus scheme.

That’s an awesome dream to come true and I hope that designer achieves more of their life goals. Mad props.

Still doesnt change my opinion that the “new” design is extremely uninspired. It’s basically the same concept from 2018-2020 with some extra gold sprinkled in.

Either the design bar is set low or NAPA has some strict guidelines in place for design submissions.

With all the money HMS has, it's pretty funny/sad that freakin Starcom Racing can come up with better looking race cars.
I just keep thinking about that all blue sun energy car from Watkins Glen and I'm left to imagine how good his NAPA scheme could be with a little effort. Hell his rookie scheme is still my favorite with the red and light blue stripes.

If the same people who painted helmets were also in charge of the paint/wrap schemes, the sport would have a ton more eye candy on track.

6fb12fc409163037547a27cd366fec95.jpg

That’s an awesome dream to come true and I hope that designer achieves more of their life goals. Mad props.

Still doesnt change my opinion that the “new” design is extremely uninspired. It’s basically the same concept from 2018-2020 with some extra gold sprinkled in.

Either the design bar is set low or NAPA has some strict guidelines in place for design submissions.
I'm kinda tempted to see...

It’s important to have several ugly cars sprinkled through the field.

They aren't all that ugly, just underwhelming and lazy.

I know you're just messing around, but 20 or 30 years ago, almost every car in the field looked great. I get that looks are subjective, but even the simplistic designs back then looked a lot better than the designs of today IMO.

They aren't all that ugly, just underwhelming and lazy.

I know you're just messing around, but 20 or 30 years ago, almost every car in the field looked great. I get that looks are subjective, but even the simplistic designs back then looked a lot better than the designs of today IMO.
It all depends who at NAPA has the authority to OK the design.

It all depends who at NAPA has the authority to OK the design.
Maybe. But these schemes were unvieled in 2017 and 3 out of the 4 all have the same basic template to follow. They were disliked then and are still disliked now. The #24 team got lucky with Sam Bass’s scheme then, which they've abandoned for the uninspired scheme they recently announced that follows the same basic template as the others.

AR-310059906.jpg

2021-Jan14-Byron24-main-625x340.jpg

It’s like the designer is allergic to anything other than straight lines and the Paint bucket fill tool.

the kbb scheme is the best current on the 9 car imo, shame it's not his primary, the use of the gold makes it.

the kbb scheme is the best current on the 9 car imo, shame it's not his primary, the use of the gold makes it.

I think that would make a good NAPA scheme, just replace the gold with yellow. I know it's too much to ask, but I like it when all team cars have some kind of common design theme on them, and when a car has something common, regardless of which sponsor is on it that week. DEI kind of set the bar for that. Penske seems to be the closest to pulling it off now. I would like to be able to take the car number and sponsor name off a car and STILL know what team it belongs to.

Back
Top Bottom