NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

Zeck

Team Owner
Searched around and didn't find one of these. There was a thread like this on an old forum for general paint scheme discussion, like opinions on schemes, new schemes that were revealed being posted to the thread, etc., so I'll bring it over here as well.

So if a paint scheme gets revealed, go ahead and post it to the thread if it hasn't already been posted.

To start the thread off:

-What are your favorite NASCAR paint schemes of all time?
-What are your favorite 2015 paint schemes?

I've been a fan of NASCAR since 2008 and I have a few favorite schemes:
-2007-2011 #48 Jimmie Johnson Kobalt Tools, the Silver and Black was just amazing, the hood especially.
-2009-2011 & 2013 #24 Jeff Gordon DuPont/Cromax Pro/Axalta, I loved the Yellow fading into Bright orange flames, outlined in colorful green and blue, all on a sparkly black background.
-2012-2013 #55 Micheal Waltrip/Brian Vickers Aarons, the blue top with white sides looked better than Mark Martin's version.
-2013 #48 Jimmie Johnson Daytona Yellow Lowe's, ran in the 2013 Sprint Unlimited, I really loved the Yellow with Black stripes.
-2013 #48 Jimmie Johnson Dover White Lowe's, ran the night races, looked really nice.

As for 2015, Denny Hamlin's FedEx schemes are AMAZING, I love FedEx purple. Dale Earnhardt Jr has a nice Nationwide scheme, and Jimmie Johnson's (yes I love JJ's cars lol) Blue and Silver... so good.

I have always thought the Bud 8 car had the best paint.

Looking at other cars I've always been drawn to this one. For some reason I really like this paint.
KenSchrader49.jpg

Rusty Wallace's Kodiak sponsored car - It was the bear:
27Kodiak1989refaa-vi.jpg

I've always liked the bright Menards sponsored cars:
car_image_1.png

Loved Jerry Nadeau's Cartoon Network schemes:
hi-res-291800_crop_north.jpg

Got me interested in watching the new shows or movies as a kid.

I could be wrong but I thought Nadeau ran the #9 cartoon network car. This picture looks more like something from the days of Steve Grissom or Robert Pressly

Who couldn't love Nascar Champion Bobby Isaac's K&K Insurance Dodge Daytona?

Harry Gant's Skoal Bandit Monte Carlo Aero Coupe

Kenny Wallace in the FilMar Racing Square D Lightning Taurus

Attachments

• Bobby Isaac 2.jpg
    Bobby Isaac 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 831
  • Harry Gant.jpg
    Harry Gant.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Kenny Wallace Square D.jpg
    Kenny Wallace Square D.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 948
Steve Grissom drove the 41 Kodiak car.

Steve Grissom did drive the #41 Kodiak Monte Carlo but also drove the #29 Cartoon Network Car when he drove for Diamond Ridge Motorsports. I think the #41 was owned by Larry Hedrick.

Here is a pic of Steve with the Cartoon Network car from 1996.
29_grissom_1996.JPG

Steve Grissom did drive the #41 Kodiak Monte Carlo but also drove the #29 Cartoon Network Car when he drove for Diamond Ridge Motorsports. I think the #41 was owned by Larry Hedrick.

Here is a pic of Steve with the Cartoon Network car from 1996.View attachment 17999
Gotcha, thanks. It was Hedrick. Biggest thing that stands out about Grissom is his little fender bender he had at Atlanta.

Gotcha, thanks. It was Hedrick. Biggest thing that stands out about Grissom is his little fender bender he had at Atlanta.

If memory serves that was the wreck where the front half of the car vaporized.

The #6 looks weird without the normal Roush font, but still looks nice.

looks like the number 6 is the same font as the old Jamie Mac #26 car.. not the Mark Martin #6.. I think it looks cool

This is what the 6 should look like. Look how laid down that spoiler is......guess they weren't at Wilkesboro or Bristol.
Mark Martin.jpg

ahh.. back when stock cars where actually stock! I'm glad the COTs are much safer but they will never have the look of the old school hot rods

Absolutely. You could walk into a Ford dealer and buy a car that looked just like the #6 did. I liked it when you had to produce a certain amount of production cars in order to race it in Nascar. I think the last time that was enforced was with the Grand Prix and Monte Carlo Aerocoupes.

These days I want to cry when I see decals for exhaust ports as well as the fake headlights and taillights.

I just want cars to look good and Generation 6 stock cars accomplish that x:

Wait -- I noticed earlier today, has Kyle Larson been driving his White/Night Race Target car in the Daytona 500 events all week? I could have sworn he was driving the normal red scheme.

EDIT: Yep, they ran the Red car last night in the Duels, I guess they switched to their Unlimited backup/primary (I dont remember if he wrecked on the top of my head) which was in the White paint scheme.

http://www.nascar.com/paint-scheme-preview.html

Notes for this week:
-Hamlin debuts FedEx Ground for the first time this year.
-Gordon debuts 3M for the first time this year.
-Sleek black Energizer scheme for Larson.
-Almirola debuts Fresh From Florida.
-Interesting black scheme for Allmendinger, looks matte, I think it looks nice.
-Brett Moffit (#55 car) is in an inverted color Aaron's scheme, looks nice as far as I can tell O:
-Earnhardt will race Kelly Blue Book for it's single race, drove the car at Sonoma last year.
-Buescher (XFINITY) is using Stenhouse's Fastenal scheme, reminds me of Carl Edwards.

Back
Top Bottom