NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

Dent Wizard is moving from Blaney to Keselowski:

Blaney has a new deal with Advance Auto Parts, so Dent Wizard will probably plug some races for Keselowski next season. Remember, Miller is slated to return, but the amount of races is TBD.

We are allowed 4 per household, should be 4 per person, more people would adopt kids. :D

Looking for more garage lighting at the Home Depot -- stumbled on grow lights. Don't know if they're any good for homegrown. I do remember some of the laziest students in my high school (decades ago) seemed to know nothing until it came to the topic of pot. :D

Looking for more garage lighting at the Home Depot -- stumbled on grow lights. Don't know if they're any good for homegrown. I do remember some of the laziest students in my high school (decades ago) seemed to know nothing until it came to the topic of pot. :D
I don't know how they are with weed but grow lights are great for most house plants I've had under them.

The exclusive field is limited to 2019 Busch Pole Award winners; past Busch Clash champions who competed full-time in 2019; former DAYTONA 500 champions who competed full-time in 2019; former DAYTONA 500 pole winners who competed full-time in 2019 and 2019 NASCAR Cup Series Playoff drivers.
What this race is called and who sponsors it have never mattered to me as much as how the participants are chosen. Clearly NASCAR uses the word 'exclusive' differently from the way I use it. Still, it's much better than that nonsense of the top five or six cars from each manufacturer.

I'd prefer it if they dropped the playoff drivers. Several of those may have won a race but not a pole. The All-Star is for race winners; leave this event to Friday's fastest. Still, as long as it doesn't count and the money isn't coming out of my pocket, I won't worry about it too much.

I guess there is some drama there. I don't think they footed the bill for the remodel though.
I think they and DC Solar were the biggest sponsors the track had. DC Solar sponsored the renovation itself. Without those two I’m not sure Phoenix gets the championship weekend.

Good that they got the renovation done but NASCAR and Homestead got pretty screwed here. Without those “big” sponsors to cater to I think the odds of a rotating finale become greater.

Seriously, does anyone actually call these tracks by the official corporate names? Anyone other than those who get paid to do so? Not actors, real people?

I think Lowe's was the only name that stuck. All the rest of them have been a waste of marketing dollars. I have to Google ISM and World Wide every time to remember where those tracks are and what they're really called. It's not like they're stadiums that get mentioned on TV dozens of times a year and have a home audience that hears about them for months at a time.

I wonder if we hear about a ISM crater like DC Solar soon
Negative.

ISM Connect is owned by Maurice Gallagher. He has the Raiders stadium to sponsor and now five trucks to support in the truck series. ISM will still be involved with NASCAR, but not to extent it was in backing the races at Homestead and Phoenix. Its horrible timing and hopefully NASCAR is able to find a replacement sponsor.

This is the downside of the new sponsorship program, NASCAR needs to not lean on the four "premier" sponsors. They need to find companies who are willing to invest long-term. The DC Solar fiasco has really ****** **** up for some tracks and teams, its really rearing its head now. A telecoms sponsor would be great to replace ISM in this capacity.

ISM was to pay an annual single-figure, million-dollar fee beginning in 2018, with an investment that could have approached $100 million in total value over 10 years, industry sources told the Republic at a splashy 2017 contract-signing reception attended by Gov. Doug Ducey.

Then-track president Bryan Sperber said at the time that without ISM's involvement in the facility's $178 million redevelopment, finished in November 2018, "it would have made it very difficult to move forward and make it all come to life."

--“Phoenix Raceway and ISM Connect have mutually agreed to restructure their relationship and will discontinue its naming rights partnership. We look forward to transitioning back to Phoenix Raceway, a brand that has built a strong affinity across the racing community since our opening in 1964. The repositioning of Phoenix Raceway aligns with NASCAR’s integrated sponsorship strategy and supports ISM Connect’s efforts to shift their focus from brand awareness to delivering their next generation technology at NASCAR facilities. We thank ISM Connect for their partnership as we look forward to a historic season for our track, culminating with the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series Championship at Phoenix Raceway.”

--“ISM Connect is thankful to Julie Giese and her team for two thrilling seasons as Phoenix Raceway's naming rights partner. In collaboration with NASCAR, ISM will shift efforts within the sport to better align with where the company is today, which is less focused on brand awareness and more focused on delivering next generation, place-based networks that provide sponsors and venues with state-of-the-art engagement and best-in-class audience measurement."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...scar-cup-series-2020-championship/2788129001/

Hemp oil is not illegal anywhere that I know of and why would the FDA even bother?

Because it’s considered a medical supplement it has to have FDA approval. Lol you can’t just release whatever you want for sale “medically” for public consumption

Seriously, does anyone actually call these tracks by the official corporate names? Anyone other than those who get paid to do so? Not actors, real people?

I think Lowe's was the only name that stuck. All the rest of them have been a waste of marketing dollars. I have to Google ISM and World Wide every time to remember where those tracks are and what they're really called. It's not like they're stadiums that get mentioned on TV dozens of times a year and have a home audience that hears about them for months at a time.

Hell no. I refused to call Charlotte anything else, and I even worked for Lowe's at the time. Same thing with "Infineon" raceway. I never once called it that nonsense. Hell, Sonoma is an OK name but I still find myself calling it Sears Point from time to time out of habit.

What the hell track is calling itself "World Wide" now?

Nah, I stuck with the corp names.

If they are getting you to google it then they are doing a good job with their marketing dollars imo.

If they are getting you to google it then they are doing a good job with their marketing dollars imo.
There's no name recognition; it's not sticking. When I do Google the name, it's always with the words 'race track' in the search. When the search results appear, I click the one for the track, not the sponsor. It's paying off for the tracks, but they're not the ones spending the money. I have no clue what ISM or World Wide do (or what Infineon did; I'd forgotten them until 2 Sweet mentioned them). I never click their links in the results.

Oh, wait; I know Auto Club. That's likely because I had some idea what they do before they spent their money. I also knew Lowe's before.

There's no name recognition; it's not sticking. When I do Google the name, it's always with the words 'race track' in the search. When the search results appear, I click the one for the track, not the sponsor. It's paying off for the tracks, but they're not the ones spending the money. I have no clue what ISM or World Wide do (or what Infineon did; I'd forgotten them until 2 Sweet mentioned them). I never click their links in the results.

Oh, wait; I know Auto Club. That's likely because I had some idea what they do before they spent their money. I also knew Lowe's before.

Was gonna say Auto Club is same thing to me as Fontana, that's probably the best example I can think of where a track actually needed a name though.

"... and two on @RossChastain's No. 77 (Daytona 500/Coke 600)."

I was unaware of a Chastain / #77 / Ganassi deal for 2020. There's no mention of it on Jayski. I assume it's for a limited number of races. Spire ran the #77 last year; is this that team with Ganassi support, or did they fold and Chip is using the available number on one of his cars? Either way, I'm glad to see Melon Farmer in a what will likely be a competitive car for at least a couple of events.

Is there any connection between Ganassi and Kaulig (Chastain's X team)?

"... and two on @RossChastain's No. 77 (Daytona 500/Coke 600)."

I was unaware of a Chastain / #77 / Ganassi deal for 2020. There's no mention of it on Jayski. I assume it's for a limited number of races. Spire ran the #77 last year; is this that team with Ganassi support, or did they fold and Chip is using the available number on one of his cars? Either way, I'm glad to see Melon Farmer in a what will likely be a competitive car for at least a couple of events.

Is there any connection between Ganassi and Kaulig (Chastain's X team)?
Spire Motorsports is the same, but remember the 40 ran by Jamie Mac last year was Spire and CGR as well. They did it last year so they could qualify for the Daytona 500 because Jaime Mac was a Clash participant. They changed the number from 77 to 40 for a one-off for the big money event.

No full CGR support to Spire, just for the two races 77 to receive CGR support and Kaulig is a olive branch off of the RCR tree. Chastain honestly is free to do whatever, I'm not sure if he's a Ganassi driver or not.

I think when they started calling him Bowman the Showman he missed the boat. He should have grabbed one of those WWE costumes and ran with it.

Back
Top Bottom