NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

may need to make it's way back into the pantry, long-time carbs supporter of the english muffin.

That doesn't surprise me any and doesn't bother me at all.
I just hate it. I dont know why it bothers me but it does. I guess I've always preferred the traditional look of a stock car since I was a became a fan in my childhood in the late 80's early 90's. I'm not gonna complain on here and fill up the board because frankly NASCAR doesnt give a crap what I think and rightfully they shouldnt. But I hate it, one more thing to get used to I guess.

I just hate it. I dont know why it bothers me but it does. I guess I've always preferred the traditional look of a stock car since I was a became a fan in my childhood in the late 80's early 90's. I'm not gonna complain on here and fill up the board because frankly NASCAR doesnt give a crap what I think and rightfully they shouldnt. But I hate it, one more thing to get used to I guess.
You won't be the only one that won't like it. :)

I guess I've always preferred the traditional look of a stock car since I was a became a fan in my childhood in the late 80's early 90's.
The G7 isn't going to look anything like those cars. Hell, the last couple of generations of car haven't, for that matter.

Nothing wrong with your opinion, but of all the differences between the coming G7 and the cars of thirty years ago, the number placement is what's hanging you up?

The G7 isn't going to look anything like those cars. Hell, the last couple of generations of car haven't, for that matter.

Nothing wrong with your opinion, but of all the differences between the coming G7 and the cars of thirty years ago, the number placement is what's hanging you up?
Well first off I'm not a mechanical car guy I am not good at working on cars nor do I have the intelligence too. So I'm not hung up on the mechanical differences, thats for others to debate. What I meant by the traditional look of the car was the paint job, obviously I know a car changes its mechanical appearance from generation to generation, thats expected and I dont have a problem with that. I dont prefer to have a NASCAR painted up like a World Rally Car or a DTM car, thats great for the kiddies in gaining attention and teams for more $$$$ with sponsor placement but its not my cup of tea.

Oh. Dear.

Of course. Incredibly stupid and pointless, but I knew it was coming. We all did.

Do you know why NASCAR hired this firm to hold this "study"? So they can separate themselves from the decision that they know will likely be unpopular among the fanbase, and then if/when it backfires and they decide to change course 10 years from now, they can point to the data and say it wasn't their fault.

We all knew what the result would be. Some clown that works for NASCAR came up with this goofy idea, probably based off of "feedback" from a few current and potential sponsors that don't know sh!t from Shinola. This isn't going to make a difference other than pissing off more of the loyal fanbase that has already been alienated time and time again, and making the cars and paint schemes look stupid with the silly number placement. You would figure NASCAR would have learned their lesson by now; if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

At the end of the day, does it really matter much? Not really. But I'll be buying less merch now and I certainly won't be buying diecasts anymore. I know I won't be the only one.

I dont prefer to have a NASCAR painted up like a World Rally Car or a DTM car, thats great for ... teams for more $$$$ with sponsor placement
Well, that's definitely the reasoning behind this. Me, with the current state of the sport, I'll support any cosmetic changes that may bring the teams more money.

Thanks for your response.

I showed the above photo to my Darling Bride. She spotted the underglow effects but I had to point the number change out to her.

I don't really see the point in this unless a team sells the hood, rear quarters and new larger door area to different sponsors.

Its one of those things where they can say it's more valuable, but good luck getting someone to actually pay more.

I thought there was an anticipated lowered sponsorship cost with the new car coming?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I rather doubt the car owner’s group is interested in reducing sponsorship revenues.
When you significantly reduce operating costs I don't see sponsors willing to pay as much.

When you significantly reduce operating costs I don't see sponsors willing to pay as much.

Will their exposure be reduced or the “value” they receive somehow be lessened by the introduction of the new cars?

I think the opposite is true.

Will their exposure be reduced or the “value” they receive somehow be lessened by the introduction of the new cars?

I think the opposite is true.
Anyone that is spending the marketing dollars for a company is smart enough to know not to give a team as much money if the cost to get the car to the track is significantly less.

It's not like sponsors are fighting each other to get on cars.

A sponsor can offer less if he chooses to do so.

The marketplace influences the value of everything. In our area of interest, the price of a NASCAR charter is a good example of that. With reduced capital and operating costs in the immediate future, should a potential charter buyer expect to pay less?

NASCAR didn’t hire this group.

The RTA is responsible for that.

Same difference. Although if this is truly the RTA's decision and NASCAR has nothing to do with it, I'll spare the sanctioning body from my criticism. The rest of my rant still applies though.

For what the sponsors are paying I think they can have the whole car except the roof. I really don't care where the number is.

For what the sponsors are paying I think they can have the whole car except the roof. I really don't care where the number is.
yep when it comes down to making a profit or losing money by not giving sponsors and team owners a proper value, I also could care less where they put the numbers. It won't make a tinkers dam about how they will race.

MM called. He wants to know if this will pass muster for the new NASCAR number placement rules.

1621374065537.png

Back
Top Bottom