NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

What did Chase's win have to do with it? Nobody knew he won until the race was over. :confused:
And I thought the late 90s was the hey day of Jeff Gordon, ratings and everything else was off the charts, so all the data doesn't add up to me. I watched Sunday and I enjoyed. All that matters to me.

Chase Elliott‘s win ranks as the lowest rated rated edition of the race since at least 1997 and the least-watched since at least 2001.

I guess the race has editions. and at least? o_O:rolleyes: I wonder if he drools when he comes up with this stuff.

Chase Elliott‘s win ranks as the lowest rated rated edition of the race since at least 1997 and the least-watched since at least 2001.

I guess the race has editions. and at least? o_O:rolleyes: I wonder if he drools when he comes up with this stuff.

Hmmm...I'm more confused than normal. How can one be the lowest rated but not the least watched? And one be the least watched but not the lowest rated? I'm getting a headache.

Yeah, I post in here weekly about ratings and attendance but I do what I can to improve both numbers.

Adam Stern hasn't posted any yet on twitter. He's usually the first to post something.

The 1997 race was rescheduled IIRC. Mark Martin, fastest race in NASCAR history.

So a rescheduled race had higher ratings? That's not good.

Taking from one of your previous posts and used to reply to the above (note I change it slightly using your degrading terms for those that don't see eye to eye with your views and how
Your original post that I reworded…
Exactly what can the members of this forum do to pack the stands and boost the ratings? Can anyone on here call NASCAR and tell them how to fix things? What purpose is served by constantly dwelling on the negatives? My guess is, most people watch races to see a race, not scour around the Twitter feeds hoping to find empty seat pics to post. Instead of dwelling on the health of NASCAR, maybe look for a night spot somewhere. NASCAR is fine, with or without the naysayers. I can't imagine it's helpful to the sport when people say they're concerned about the sports health, at the same time claiming they never watch?. Something doesn't add up. There's a word for it, no need to cross the border and get deleted.

The 1997 race was rescheduled IIRC. Mark Martin, fastest race in NASCAR history.
Probably shouldn't give him any ideas, but I wouldn't be surprised if Paulsen uses this one for Dega. The Talladega race had the lowest ratings from probably 1991..(taken from our whopping over 40 thousand people surveyed.)

Maybe the ratings will go up from the 1.69 it pulled last year. It won't be up against the Derby on network TV.

not sure how the same numbers have different results, but I am not surprised. The ratings system is funny math and data IMO anyway.

I think I see now.

Last year got a 2.4 overnight, 2.3 final. This year got a 2.6 for both overnight and final.

I think.

Kinda surprised at the rating, there was some hype/buildup after 3 good weeks.

Overnights haven't always tracked with finals this year FWIW, there has been more variation.

Monday night Michigan with 1.0 rating. I don't have a clue whether that is good, bad, or indifferent. It seems to me a real Monday night race would start later and of course it would be promoted a lot more. Probably a good result for NBC/SN given the rain-out on Sunday.

There was a lot of uproar in some circles about the later start inconveniencing live attendees who stuck around. Not sure how real vs. mythical that was and how many it affected negatively, but the later start seems definitively and hugely better in terms of TV audience. If they can get 1.6 million viewers for an essentially unscheduled 5:00 PM Monday race, that bodes well for potential weeknight primetime attempts.

Back
Top Bottom