NASCAR - Television Ratings Thread

Indycar on broadcast seems to average 0.9 to 1.2 million over the past few years, so this isn't out of the ordinary. May have seen a slight Jimmie bump if not scheduled for the same time as the Cup race.
yeah for sure. IndyCar has a loyal fan following just like Nascar does. It might not be large enough for some people, but the numbers don't lie.

Caveats that render the comparison useless.

The same caveats existed in 2014 and even bigger caveats in 2020 (Daytona being pre-pandemic, Indy being during the pandemic).

Even in normal years, the Daytona 500 is shedding tons of viewers, and I think the playoff is directly responsible in part. How can the 500 be the "Super Bowl of Stock Car Racing" when NASCAR literally has a Super Bowl of its own at the end of the year now?

Believe being the most-watched sporting event of the weekend is the most important part of it all.

Just know somewhere some deathbedder is doing a little dance on 7% then bam! next-gen car hits and their hopes are dashed.

Again, camera angles can be deceptive.
Andy I am much aware of camera angles. I was on tv for many years and there was never a camera angle that made my larger build look smaller. But, putting camera angles aside... since you have met both of them are their builds the same or is one huskier then the other? Maybe Gordon was wearing a suit jacket that was 2 sizes to small. :)

Andy I am much aware of camera angles. I was on tv for many years and there was never a camera angle that made my larger build look smaller. But, putting camera angles aside... since you have met both of them are their builds the same or is one huskier then the other?

They're about the same. The firesuits some of these racers wear make them look slimmer, plus suits can make someone look a lot bulkier. Those big boxy suits the twice impeached ex-president used to wear gave off a macho appearance.

Fox seems pretty happy with the numbers
1623781906200.png

Xfinity ratings have been the best ratings success of the season so far. +16% over two years ago is substantial.

I think that probably does mean the ASR remains on Sunday night for the foreseeable future.
Xfinity cars are actually hard to drive and can actually pass each other. There are also some pretty good personalities in that series. Gragson, Cindric, Allmendinger to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom