Nascar Trivia

Here's something that's easy enough to look up but I thought it interesting none the less.

What driver, on average, finished in 80th place in his NASCAR Cup start(s) ?

I didn't look it up at all, but every Sunday, me and old man would say, "How long before Michael brings out the caution", and he usually did.

You mean in races/finish ratio? Question not very clear pj.

If in 3 races a driver finished 5th, 10th, and 15th, he averaged a 10th place finish.

(5 + 10 + 15) / 3

During his career in NASCAR Cup races, the driver in question averaged an 80th place finish.

Granted, it's somewhat of a trick question but, then again, the numbers tell the story.

whistling.gif

Well, the man in question still did not finish last like Michael Waltrip has done many times!

Very good!! :beerbang:

did ya try for the other 14 drivers?
whistle.gif

Your turn Pandorasbox :)
Dale Sr., Dale Jarret, Bobby Labonte, Terry Labonte, Ward Burton, Jeff Burton, Mark Martin, Kenny Schrader, John Andretti, Ricky Rudd, Jeremy Mayfield, Rusty Wallace, Bill Elliott...who else?

Who are the two current Cup NASCAR drivers who raced at North Wilksboro and whose fathers also raced at North Wilksboro?

Dave Blaney and Ryan Blaney. If this is incorrect it is because no reference books were used and tried to figure the answer from memory. :idunno:;)

Or Randy Lajoie and son Cory.

Chase Elliot is one, can't figure the other.
Dave Blaney and Ryan Blaney. If this is incorrect it is because no reference books were used and tried to figure the answer from memory. :idunno:;)

Yes Chase Elliott and Bill Elliott
Ryan Blaney and Dave Blaney

Chase and Ryan ran a late model race when North Wilksboro reopened for a short time in 2010 - 2011. Chase actually won a race there, something his dad never did.
A lot of people don't realize that Dave Blaney's first cup race was at North WIllksboro in 1992. He didn't run another cup race until 1999.
Of course Bill Elliott raced there many times.

Not saying who is right or wrong, but Racing reference lists Dave Blaney's first start as Rockingham in 1992. Also a DNQ at Atlanta.

Not saying who is right or wrong, but Racing reference lists Dave Blaney's first start as Rockingham in 1992. Also a DNQ at Atlanta.
You are absolutely correct! Why did I think it was NW? I guess in my mind I just lumped those two closed tracks together.

And just when I was thinking my old, memory bank was working at top speed. Still, not bad for not using reference tools. That ...... response came strictly from memory. And to think yesterday it took me about ten minutes to remember the name of someone I've known since childhood and still in contact with. ;):idunno:

Well I don't know if this is against the rules, but it's been awhile since anyone asked a question so...name the top 3 winningest drivers of the hendrick number 25 car

Great question. I can only guess Kenny Schrader as one.
Nice job, DIDIT and pjmolo, Richmond and Schrader are the only drivers of the 25 with more than one win so I guess it's maybe a bit of a trick question

DIDIT and pjmolo, one of you ask a question since you both were correct in your answers.

Nice job, DIDIT and pjmolo, Richmond and Schrader are the only drivers of the 25 with more than one win so I guess it's maybe a bit of a trick question
Anyone is permitted to post a question since the time limit has been exceeded by those that posted the correct answer. :)
So I will put up a question. There is a lot of talk about Harvick winning many races this year. See if you can name the driver that in a single season won 11 races while only running in 18 races that entire season.

Anyone is permitted to post a question since the time limit has been exceeded by those that posted the correct answer. :)
So I will put up a question. There is a lot of talk about Harvick winning many races this year. See if you can name the driver that in a single season won 11 races while only running in 18 races that entire season.

David Pearson, 1973

With all the talk about Chase Elliott's second place finishes, name a driver that finished 2nd four times in a ROW.

(I’m new to this particular thread and this has most likely been asked before but anyway)

What driver holds the record for the most Cup series starts without getting a top five?

Well since nobody has jumped in for awhile , how about this one? Of ALL of the drivers who have completed at least one FULL season of Cup racing for Hendrick Motorsports, only four drivers have failed to win a points paying race for the team. Two of them were last year, (William Byron and Alex Bowman). Who were the other two?

Well since nobody has jumped in for awhile , how about this one? Of ALL of the drivers who have completed at least one FULL season of Cup racing for Hendrick Motorsports, only four drivers have failed to win a points paying race for the team. Two of them were last year, (William Byron and Alex Bowman). Who were the other two?
Benny Parsons, and I’m gonna guess...Wally Dallenbach Jr?

Damn, you're good! That didn't take long, unless you cheated. :) Benny won a 125, but that was it. Wally struck out in one full and a partial season in the HMS 25/50. Remember when the 25 carried the number 50 in 1998 for NASCAR's 50th anniversary? I expect Byron and Bowman to win before long, so hopefully that number goes back to two.

Back
Top Bottom