Nascar Trivia

You got it! Lone Star JR Johnny Rutherford made his NASCAR debut in 1963 driving a Smokey Yunick 427 Mystery Motor Chevy, winning his qualifying race and finishing 9th in the 500. He made his Indy debut in May, finishing 29th in a Watson Offy. It would take Johnny 11 years to win at the Brickyard, but then he got hot and had three wins and a second in a seven year stretch.

DRS3, the floor is now yours..........

Ok, who won the pole for the first Brickyard 400 and who was outside of him.... And Jackman is not allowed to answer!

You are half correct, Earnhardt started on the outside pole but Gordon started 3rd and won the race.

Ok, who won the pole for the first Brickyard 400 and who was outside of him.... And Jackman is not allowed to answer!

That's too easy, but I'll let someone else answer. I just wanna say, the pole winner is one of the most underrated drivers in recent history! My favorite non-winner in the Cup Series (that's a hint)...

Rick Mast won the pole.
I thought that this may be a good time to again list the rules for playing Nascar Trivia. :)

If there is no interest in playing Nascar Trivia we will let the thread die but lets give it a try. Rules: Questions can only be on Nascar Cup racing. The person that lists the question must confirm the answer of the person quessing correctly before that person lists his question.
Added clarifications:
A person has the privilege of asking a Trivia Question only after they correctly guess the answer of the previous question AND after the answer has been confirmed by the person that asked the question.
People have 3 days to post a question after they correctly guess the previous question and after their answer has been confirmed by the person that asked it. There is also a 3 day time limit to confirm answers to a question.
All questions are to be associated with Nascar Cup racing. The object of the Trivia is to have fun and learn some interesting facts......and not to post questions that are next to impossible to answer. Common sense and politeness is also nice to use while playing the Trivia.

Name the 2 tracks that replaced North Wilkesboro in the Cup Series.
One track replaced North Wilkesboro in the Spring race and one track replaced it in the fall race.
New Hampshire -Fall race.
Texas ? Spring race ? Not entirely sure without cheating and looking on Wikipedia, and I don't want to do that.

What position did Jeff Gordon start from when he won the 1996 Brickyard 400 ?
Read closely.

Seven days have gone by with no response to posting a question. The Trivia is now open for anyone to post the next question.

Despite our pole-sitter not getting to turn a green flag lap today, I'll take the baton here and pose a question kind of pertaining to him.

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. became the sport's most recent Mississippian to win in the sport's highest-ranking series with his wins at Talladega and Daytona in 2017. Who was the last driver from Mississippi to win a premier series race prior to Stenhouse's short resurgence?

Despite our pole-sitter not getting to turn a green flag lap today, I'll take the baton here and pose a question kind of pertaining to him.

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. became the sport's most recent Mississippian to win in the sport's highest-ranking series with his wins at Talladega and Daytona in 2017. Who was the last driver from Mississippi to win a premier series race prior to Stenhouse's short resurgence?
Lake Speed

I found this one a little while back: During the 1987 Cup Season, which driver ran in 20 races, using the same exact car in all twenty events?

I'm curious what three separate records are able to be set during the course of one race.

Maybe fastest average speed for the race, fastest individual lap, and most laps led ?

I'm curious what three separate records are able to be set during the course of one race.

Maybe fastest average speed for the race, fastest individual lap, and most laps led ?

That being said, I'll go with Martin Truex Jr. in the 2016 Coca-Cola 600. He led a record 392 of the 400 laps and his average speed for the race was a record 160.655 mph. Dunno what the third record might have been.

That being said, I'll go with Martin Truex Jr. in the 2016 Coca-Cola 600. He led a record 392 of the 400 laps and his average speed for the race was a record 160.655 mph. Dunno what the third record might have been.
You are correct. The third record was the shortest time to complete a Coca Cola 600 race...….3 hours, 44 minutes, and 5 seconds.
Your go!

You are correct. The third record was the shortest time to complete a Coca Cola 600 race...….3 hours, 44 minutes, and 5 seconds.
Your go!

Well, whatta ya know.

Give me a little time to come up with something.

Well, whatta ya know.

Give me a little time to come up with something.
Ok, it has been almost 3 weeks. I will post another.

Fireball Roberts died after crashing in the Word 600 in 1964. Name the 2 drivers that spun in front of Fireball Roberts before he had his fiery crash.

Ok, it has been almost 3 weeks. I will post another.

Fireball Roberts died after crashing in the Word 600 in 1964. Name the 2 drivers that spun in front of Fireball Roberts before he had his fiery crash.
Ned J and Junior Johnson ?

Neil Bonnett got his start hanging out at local shops in the greater Birmingham Al area.What was his occupation before he was able to support himself racing ?

Back
Top Bottom