Nascar Trivia

Based on how many starts?

If a driver only started 3 races and qualified in the top 3 each time, would he have the all time record for the best average starting position?

I'm gonna just take a shot in the dark & say J.D. McDuffie, all due respect of course...

i agree, i think J.D. if not him Joe Nemechek

youngest championship winning crew chief in cup

Last edited:
Kirk Shelmerdin (sp?)

I'm not looking these up, I retain a ton of useless knowledge.

gXaAYAH.gif

Reactions: JEB
Dale Earnhardt's 1980 crew chief Doug Richert, he was ony 20 years old... I dunno if it's not him...

correct, he didn't even start the season as crew chief

I can't think of anything to ask right now so I open the floor to anyone who wants to take my turn...

Ok, I will post a question from the "old days"

What Nascar driver put a rental car in a Daytona pool so that he would not have to return it to the rental agency. Hint he is from the earlier days of Nascar. :)

does R Clarence like this driver

does R Clarence like this driver
Joe Weatherly.....he was racing with Curtis Turner back to the motel and waited to the last minute to break, and it was to late, slid the car into a pool. they had bet smokes or liquor, or something like that on who won

Last edited:
No to both Weatherly and Finch, according to my information........unless there were two drivers that put the rental car in the pool. :)

i was pretty sure Joe went into a pool at daytona, i remember seeing a segment on tv and that and the time Ron Hornaday slept on a mattress that had a dead body inside it. my memory is getting bad though.

i was pretty sure Joe went into a pool at daytona, i remember seeing a segment on tv and that and the time Ron Hornaday slept on a mattress that had a dead body inside it. my memory is getting bad though.
The book on Nascar history that I read states that Fred Lorenzen put a rental car in a Daytona pool so that he didn't have to return it to the rental agency.

Go ahead pudge and post the next question as you may also be correct.

Richard Petty posted a true "stock car" (possibly a rental) when he had his trailer bringing his real race car in to Daytona...you can look it up.

Last edited:
The book on Nascar history that I read states that Fred Lorenzen put a rental car in a Daytona pool so that he didn't have to return it to the rental agency.

Good ole Fred.

or you gonna be mad if i don't have a question ready..i'm polluting the thread ain't i. i like trying to answer, but it doesn't work that way.
besides i was wrong. Fred and Joe, were friends, maybe it was Joe telling the story about Fred. i did search it after you said i was wrong and i didn't get nothing back at all. heck i thought it was on a bet, not on purpose, didn't mean to ruin your question.

I would think that I was in the ballgame too...and I have a question all set up - but if somebody else answers it correctly I would screw pudge...so anyway "what ex-nascar driver ran the fastest 500 mile race in racing in history?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom