Nascar's Return to Nashville Speedway

Will there be enough demand for NASCAR racing to get the public to vote for a fair board, city council and Mayor who will all work to make it happen?

That's asking a lot.

The question I have is where does NASCAR go to for more short tracks if this Return To Nashville vote falls through?

NASCAR isn’t behind this. This is an ISC project. I don’t know that NASCAR cares about adding more short tracks.
well no I know they arnt behind this, but they've said through multiple management honchos that they are looking to add more short tracks in 2021. They've said this repeatedly.

Even though it's not a short track, Rockingham. Plus Iowa and IRP.
Well from what I've read on here, no one thinks The Rock is coming back, Iowa isnt a short track and me personally I dont see how they can leave Indianapolis Motor Speedway for IRP without looking like total failures because in essence the Brickyard failed. Also is IRP up to Cup specifications?

NASCAR isn’t behind this. This is an ISC project. I don’t know that NASCAR cares about adding more short tracks.

It's an SMI effort, not ISC. NASCAR is attempting to take full control of ISC without a formal merger, so if it were ISC, that would basically be NASCAR.

Steve Phelps and other major figures have stated that the "more short tracks and road courses" desire is something they are aiming to address with schedule realignment starting in 2021.

I think Gateway and Road America and Nashville (doubtful right now) will be on the schedule in 2021. I like Iowa but there's a chance they don't get a race and I enjoy the 3 NASCAR standalones and IndyCar race. Outside shots for Eldora, Canadian Tire. Longshot for Rockingham even getting Xfinity by 2021.

Been bike-packing the past couple of weeks from the Smoky Mountains to the Natchez Trace and ended up in Nashville for the past 3 days -- and I'm very impressed with all the building projects in this historic city.

It would be really sad to see NASCAR miss this opportunity to join in the future of Nashville. Fun town beyond the Strip, and surrounded by beautiful countryside.

The Strip would be great for a NASCAR parade. IMHO

Hard to see this as a soccer town, but I'm staying right across the river from Nissan Stadium. Fairgrounds are a bit out of my way, so doubtful I'll get out to see it in the next 2 days.

There's something I don't get about this. As I understand it, either apartments or the soccer pitch or both will be built so there's limited clearance for pedestrians on that side of the track. How did that get approved? Wouldn't that also be a pedestrian bottleneck for those facilities too?

Time to go walk the streets of Nashville -- so much energy and live music and tourists pedaling bar-cars around, and women wearing short-shorts paired with cowboy boots, dives, eateries, more live music...

Make it happen NASCAR -- don't miss out -- come back to a revitalized Nashville!

Back
Top Bottom