NCAA Basketball 2023-2024

Carolina just lost to some white dope that will be getting dunked on nightly in the G League, or working in a sales job in the work force next year. But yay March Madness, Yay Upsets. I wish this sometimes was the best of 3.

RJ Davis and Caleb Love were in the same building again and UNC lost. Makes sense I guess.
While watching Arizona tonight I was thinking at least Caleb isnt shooting UNC out of games anymore. 2 hours later RJ goes ice cold and then Hubert forgets he can pound it inside to Armando. Frustrating loss.

Carolina just lost to some white dope that will be getting dunked on nightly in the G League, or working in a sales job in the work force next year. But yay March Madness, Yay Upsets. I wish this sometimes was the best of 3.

Part of me wouldn't mind seeing April be the real playoff month and for the Sweet 16, Elite 8, and Final Four, and Finals be best two out of three. I can also see people complaining about that dragging out though.

Today's slate off games.....

IMG_4940.jpeg

Congratulations to all the Duke basketball fans who are also Alabama football fans on winning the Super Bowl.

Dream night for bandwagon sports fans.
See I’m a child of the 90’s so North Carolina was huge when I was a kid. And because MJ went there, they’ve been my favorite college basketball team since I was a kid. College basketball isn’t big here in the Chicago area with DePaul being once a national brand but not having been relevant since around 2003/04, so outside of Illinois Fighting Illini there’s not much to root for. Despite my salty comments filled with a touch of whine last night, I love college basketball. It’s so fun, I used to love it more when I was younger because it’s a tad odd as I get older rooting for actual kids who are now were just born when I was in my 20’s, so it’s kind of rooting for the laundry but it’s a fun sport. I hope the inevitable realignment super league doesn’t kill it

Tonight honestly imo has a better menu of games than last night. Just stacked with future nba talent as well as college basketball veterans. That Purdue/Gonzaga entry has my attention
I like watching all of the games I can. I don't have a dog in the fight with any of these games. I often find myself rooting for the underdog. Great to see these athletes overcome the odds.

Unfortunately, rarely does the best team actually win the tournament most years

I am not sure what constitutes a Cinderella story but NC State as a 11th seed is the lowest remaining one. The last seven wins were probabably all elimination games for them and they have won them all, it has been fun to watch.
Another Jim Valvano?

See I’m a child of the 90’s so North Carolina was huge when I was a kid. And because MJ went there, they’ve been my favorite college basketball team since I was a kid. College basketball isn’t big here in the Chicago area with DePaul being once a national brand but not having been relevant since around 2003/04, so outside of Illinois Fighting Illini there’s not much to root for.
(perhaps the wrong thread for me)

I have been a Cowboys fan going back to their first Super Bowl win with Roger Staubach when Duane Thomas was the running back, Bob Hayes was the WR, Leroy Jordan was the middle linebacker, Bob Lilly was the the DT etc..

I have loyally rooted for them since then, and like you it has nothing to do with being on the bandwagon. I just started rooting a team that called themselves the Cowboys when I was nine years old and stuck with them.

It doesn't mean I like everything they do. I didn't like how Jerry Jones unceremoniously dumped Tom Landry. He deserved much better I didn't like his ego being to much for Jimmy Johnson either and who knows how many more SBs they could have won.
Hiring Barry Switzer was idiotic and his SB win was a credit to what Johnson had previously put together.

I also think the faith they currently place in Dak Prescott is no longer healthy. He doesn't make good reads in the big games and the team looses any confidence in his ability to try anything much more than screen passes, it's self defeating.
I think they should cut their loses and a change could be good for him as well and he deserves to be sucessful as well.

But Prescott is a good guy and and his dedication is obvious. He will be the starter in September and hopefully it will finally come together this time after about 30 years of frustration.

Regardless of any of that: I will be rooting for the Cowboys again. The America's team snark will live forever in spite of giving themselves the self proclaimed label in the 70s, before any of the current players and most who will read this were ever born. I am not trying to change the haters, it is their right just like it is mine to root against the Eagles and the Washinton football team etc....

I have trashed Jones in this post but the team has five Super Bowl wins and three of them were with him. I do respect his enthusiasm he loves the team (maybe to a fault).There has been a lot more good times than the bad imo

Bring on the hate and the love, as long as the passion is there it will be worthwhile.

See I’m a child of the 90’s so North Carolina was huge when I was a kid. And because MJ went there, they’ve been my favorite college basketball team since I was a kid. College basketball isn’t big here in the Chicago area with DePaul being once a national brand but not having been relevant since around 2003/04, so outside of Illinois Fighting Illini there’s not much to root for. Despite my salty comments filled with a touch of whine last night, I love college basketball. It’s so fun, I used to love it more when I was younger because it’s a tad odd as I get older rooting for actual kids who are now were just born when I was in my 20’s, so it’s kind of rooting for the laundry but it’s a fun sport. I hope the inevitable realignment super league doesn’t kill it

Obviously, basketball is big in North Carolina.

At least in my neck of the woods, most Duke fans are also Alabama Football fans. And New York Yankees fans.

If I had to pick a NC team, it's UNC. I generally don't care, I don't like Bama or Duke though.

I do enjoy the rivalries and what they mean to the culture of the state, but these rivalries may sadly be in their final throes because of realignment.

(perhaps the wrong thread for me)

I have been a Cowboys fan going back to their first Super Bowl win with Roger Staubach when Duane Thomas was the running back, Bob Hayes was the WR, Leroy Jordan was the middle linebacker, Bob Lilly was the the DT etc..

I have loyally rooted for them since then, and like you it has nothing to do with being on the bandwagon. I just started rooting a team that called themselves the Cowboys when I was nine years old and stuck with them.

It doesn't mean I like everything they do. I didn't like how Jerry Jones unceremoniously dumped Tom Landry. He deserved much better I didn't like his ego being to much for Jimmy Johnson either and who knows how many more SBs they could have won.
Hiring Barry Switzer was idiotic and his SB win was a credit to what Johnson had previously put together.

I also think the faith they currently place in Dak Prescott is no longer healthy. He doesn't make good reads in the big games and the team looses any confidence in his ability to try anything much more than screen passes, it's self defeating.
I think they should cut their loses and a change could be good for him as well and he deserves to be sucessful as well.

But Prescott is a good guy and and his dedication is obvious. He will be the starter in September and hopefully it will finally come together this time after about 30 years of frustration.

Regardless of any of that: I will be rooting for the Cowboys again. The America's team snark will live forever in spite of giving themselves the self proclaimed label in the 70s, before any of the current players and most who will read this were ever born. I am not trying to change the haters, it is their right just like it is mine to root against the Eagles and the Washinton football team etc....

I have trashed Jones in this post but the team has five Super Bowl wins and three of them were with him. I do respect his enthusiasm he loves the team (maybe to a fault).There has been a lot more good times than the bad imo

Bring on the hate and the love, as long as the passion is there it will be worthwhile.
Same. Cowboys are my favorite team in sports. Since I was 6 years old. Those helmets and uniforms hooked me.

Obviously, basketball is big in North Carolina.

At least in my neck of the woods, most Duke fans are also Alabama Football fans. And New York Yankees fans.

If I had to pick a NC team, it's UNC. I generally don't care, I don't like Bama or Duke though.

I do enjoy the rivalries and what they mean to the culture of the state, but these rivalries may sadly be in their final throes because of realignment.
It’s going to a shame when Duke, UNC, State and Wake Forest aren’t in the same conference anymore. ACC was built on Tobacco Road

First and foremost I am a Steelers fan I am also a Pirates fan and have been before I could even walk. :) :)

I was also a Cowboys fan. I was a Don Meredith fan when he played for SMU and followed the cowboys for many a year but started to fall off their bandwagon when Jerry Jones took over and gradually stopped watching them religiously.

At the current rate based on point's per minute Marquette is on pace to score only 46 points for the entire game.

It ain't over yet, but Marquette will need a miraculous comeback at this point to stop the Wolfpack
They’re quite literally just throwing the ball away right now so if it’s gonna happen it needs to happen really soon. Wasted opportunity the last few minutes while the Pack were missing shots.

First and foremost I am a Steelers fan I am also a Pirates fan and have been before I could even walk. :) :)

I was also a Cowboys fan. I was a Don Meredith fan when he played for SMU and followed the cowboys for many a year but started to fall off their bandwagon when Jerry Jones took over and gradually stopped watching them religiously.
I wish I could have seen Dandy Don play but he was retired by the time I ever watched my first game. He was such a character and came so close. He probabaly would have had won two super bowls had it not been for Lonbardi and the Packers.

I think Marquette would be better off to forget about the three point line.

At the current rate based on point's per minute Marquette is on pace to score only 46 points for the entire game.
But maybe I jinxed NC State because Marquette seems to be waking up now

Not sure Duke and State have ever met before in the NCAAT, but I’m gonna assume not. Would be pretty wild to have that in the E8 just two years after the first tourney meeting ever between Duke/UNC in the F4.

That, or they face a top-seeded Houston again like in ‘83. Storylines galore.

UConn and Purdue feel like they’re on a collision course so far. Houston has been up there all season as well but I’m not sure they have the depth.

Not sure Duke and State have ever met before in the NCAAT, but I’m gonna assume not. Would be pretty wild to have that in the E8 just two years after the first tourney meeting ever between Duke/UNC in the F4.

That, or they face a top-seeded Houston again like in ‘83. Storylines galore.
Sadly I can see Duke winning it all.

I wish I could have seen Dandy Don play but he was retired by the time I ever watched my first game. He was such a character and came so close. He probabaly would have had won two super bowls had it not been for Lonbardi and the Packers.
Yeah Meredith was a pretty darn good player. When I lived near Washington a friend of mine had season tickets to the Redskins and he would take me to the game when the Redskins played the Cowboys so I got to see quite a bit if Meredith.

Duke needs to call a timeout and listen to a TED talk or something

I feel so bad to see Jamal Shead get injured at the end of such a great college career. Such a sad way for he and Houston to go out.

Go State

Angel Reese, 0% class. She always takes taunting and trash talk to absurd new levels.

It’s telling that the same media outlets that criticize Caitlin Clark praise Angel Reese.

Angel Reese, 0% class. She always takes taunting and trash talk to absurd new levels.

It’s telling that the same media outlets that criticize Caitlin Clark praise Angel Reese.
What did I miss?

Back
Top Bottom