NCAA Basketball 2023-2024

Crazy that we could possibly have the same championship matchup on both the men’s and women’s side, as NC State-UConn could be the title game in both.

One analyst stated before the Iowa vs LSU game that if Clark didn't perform above average and Iowa lost that it would be a 'taint" on her career.

She sure blasted him out of the water with her performance.

One analyst stated before the Iowa vs LSU game that if Clark didn't perform above average and Iowa lost that it would be a 'taint" on her career.

She sure blasted him out of the water with her performance.
The media tried way too hard to make this game about race and then started rooting for Clark to fail. It’s disgusting.

I never have much patience to listen to sports commentators. If ever a group thought they knew it all, it would be them.

The Caitlin Clark Effect: 12.3 million viewers for LSU/Iowa.

A record for women’s basketball and most watched college basketball game ever on ESPN.
lol people were arguing she wasn’t that big of a deal in the NASCAR forum a month or two ago.

I think 20M is on the table if they make it to the NCG Sunday, especially if SC is on the other side trying to close out a perfect season.

lol people were arguing she wasn’t that big of a deal in the NASCAR forum a month or two ago.

I think 20M is on the table if they make it to the NCG Sunday, especially if SC is on the other side trying to close out a perfect season.
That was mostly SOI who is a complete nincompoop anyway.

Caitlin Clark is Must See TV.

Paul Pierce , a former Boston Celtic's great, said that Clark's performance against LSU was one of the greatest performances he has ever seen in basketball

Great run for the ladies but unfortunately it comes to an end
Screenshot_20240403_201839_Facebook.jpg

South Carolina dominated N.C. State in the paint and will be in the Championship game. Great demonstration of team basketball. Cardoza looked pretty sharp in the first half before an ankle injury sidelined her.

Moving screen was the correct call. I hate that the game ended like that and it looked legal from the first couple of replays the broadcast showed, but that’s a moving screen.

The hardest part about defending Clark, if you clamp her down and stop her from shooting, she's gonna distribute the ball.
Stuelke was pretty much the only who could consistently finish around the rim tonight. Clark had a lot of fantastic transition passes tonight that her teammates just couldn’t finish on the other end. Probably would’ve won by a lot more if everyone outside of those two had even an average shooting night.

Mühl was pretty phenomenal both on-ball defense and off tonight though. By far the best defensive job I’ve seen against Clark recently.

Wow! That was an awesome game. I really thought Iowa was going to give that one away...but they held on. I hope they can have a much better first half on Sunday and get to cut the net after the second half.

I want to see Clark win the title to complete a great college resume. I live in SC and obviously want USC to do well. It is a paradox but as a one off I will be rooting for Clark on Sunday and I believe Dawn Staley is well on her way to building a dynasty. Staley will win plenty more national championships before it is all said and done. But most of all I hope it is great game and classic that showcases the worthiness of both of the two deserving teams.

As far the semifinals I think UConn had a better game plan for defending Clark, Iowa was just ultimately too strong. If I were a betting man my money would be on US against Iowa, they are just too powerful. I think a great team usually beats a great player.

I know I am sounding Debbie Downer but I think USC will smother Clark and be too strong for Iowa to counter and Clark will get a lot of unfair blame.

Great players are wonderful and Clark is a generational talent. I hope she and Angel Reece can help transform the interest in womens athletics in a way that is similar to the benefits of the Larry Bird and Magic Johnson era..

As far the semifinals I think UConn had a better game plan for defending Clark, Iowa was just ultimately too strong. If I were a betting man my money would be on US against Iowa, they are just too powerful. I think a great team usually beats a great player.

What makes Caitlin Clark so great is not just her shooting, but her passing as well. Put the clampers on her and she can turn into a distributor just like that.

Hannah Stuekle was the star for Iowa last night.

I want to see Clark win the title to complete a great college resume. I live in SC and obviously want USC to do well. It is a paradox but as a one off I will be rooting for Clark on Sunday and I believe Dawn Staley is well on her way to building a dynasty. Staley will win plenty more national championships before it is all said and done. But most of all I hope it is great game and classic that showcases the worthiness of both of the two deserving teams.

I know I am sounding Debbie Downer but I think USC will smother Clark and be too strong for Iowa to counter and Clark will get a lot of unfair blame.

Great players are wonderful and Clark is a generational talent. I hope she and Angel Reece can help transform the interest in women's athletics in a way that is similar to the benefits of the Larry Bird and Magic Johnson era..
I think that Iowa will have a difficult time stopping Cardoza in the paint. Dawn Staley is a heck of a coach. Watch how her players move around on the court, I hope Iowa wins but will not be too disappointed if USC wins. Two good teams.

I don't like State but I really hope they win it all. This has been one hell of a stretch for them, from the way they won the ACC Tournament to barely making the Big Dance and making it this far. Incredible stuff.
I'll be rooting for them as well.

I don't understand why these games aren't being broadcast on the CBS network. Mondays either from what I'm seeing. Ridiculous.

Great players are wonderful and Clark is a generational talent. I hope she and Angel Reece can help transform the interest in womens athletics in a way that is similar to the benefits of the Larry Bird and Magic Johnson era..
Iowa is going to have to finish in transition, unlike last night, and shoot a lot better from 3. Simple modern analytics are 3>2 and you’ll probably have to accept Cardoso is going to eat you alive inside but focus on winning on the perimeter and running the floor off of missed shots by SC. If SC slows it down and keeps the game in the half court it’s probably going to get ugly.

But Iowa were even bigger underdogs when they ultimately beat SC in the semi last year too, so that’s why they play the games.

I don't understand why these games aren't being broadcast on the CBS network. Mondays either from what I'm seeing. Ridiculous.

It alternates each year between CBS and TNT.

WB Discovery (TNT) pays 70% of the broadcast rights fee for the NCAA men's tournament.

Final Four rotates between CBS and Turner each year now. Part of the deal that helped CBS keep the tourney at all back in 2011.

Final Four rotates between CBS and Turner each year now. Part of the deal that helped CBS keep the tourney at all back in 2011.
That's messed up. CBS is available to almost everyone in this country. The Turner Networks aren't. I'm lost as how that's a win for CBS. I would have thought they'd at least make it available on Paramont to push that service.

It doesn't affect me but I know several people that subscribe to Fubo because it's one of the only services that provides our regional sports network in the Pittsburgh market. No Turner Networks on Fubo. I just got done setting up my in-laws with my service so they could get the games this weekend and Monday.

The only thing I'd change about it is having the Final Four on CBS when the Championship is on TNT and vice versa.
I think the original deal was supposed to expire this year, but they opted into the extension period that carries through 2032. And that’s an awfully long time for the Final Four and NCG to be exclusively on cable every year.

I think they also could’ve gotten a ton more money by taking it to the open market. Being locked into the same deal for two decades is forfeiting a lot of money.

That's messed up. CBS is available to almost everyone in this country. The Turner Networks aren't. I'm lost as how that's a win for CBS. I would have thought they'd at least make it available on Paramont to push that service.

It doesn't affect me but I know several people that subscribe to Fubo because it's one of the only services that provides our regional sports network in the Pittsburgh market. No Turner Networks on Fubo. I just got done setting up my in-laws with my service so they could get the games this weekend and Monday.
Bringing in Turner was the only way CBS was going to be able to stave off a bid from Disney to take over the whole tournament at the time. The Final Four being on cable every other year admittedly sucks, but the deal also revolutionized the way the tournament is broadcast from start to finish each year. Remember when each game through the Sweet 16 was broadcast regionally? Especially in the first round, where there’d be four games going on at a time and you’d only get one of them dependent upon which your local CBS station wanted to show.

Bringing in Turner was the only way CBS was going to be able to stave off a bid from Disney to take over the whole tournament at the time. The Final Four being on cable every other year admittedly sucks, but the deal also revolutionized the way the tournament is broadcast from start to finish each year. Remember when each game through the Sweet 16 was broadcast regionally? Especially in the first round, where there’d be four games going on at a time and you’d only get one of them depending upon your local CBS station wanted to show.

If the tournament ended up on ESPN, it's likely the Final Four and National Championship would be exclusively on cable every year.

Only way the Final Four and NCG end up on broadcast every year is if Fox Sports gets rights.

If the tournament ended up on ESPN, it's likely the Final Four and National Championship would be exclusively on cable every year.

Only way the Final Four and NCG end up on broadcast every year is if Fox Sports gets rights.
The deal was signed during the peak of cable TV so that’s pretty likely. It took until the next CFP TV deal that starts with the ‘26-‘27 season for Disney to put the CFB NCG back on ABC.

Bringing in Turner was the only way CBS was going to be able to stave off a bid from Disney to take over the whole tournament at the time. The Final Four being on cable every other year admittedly sucks, but the deal also revolutionized the way the tournament is broadcast from start to finish each year. Remember when each game through the Sweet 16 was broadcast regionally? Especially in the first round, where there’d be four games going on at a time and you’d only get one of them dependent upon which your local CBS station wanted to show.
Yeah, this a million times better than it used to be. You used to get stuck watching a 1v16 from start to finish.

11-seeds move to 0-6 all-time in the Final Four, but incredible run nonetheless by NC State. Purdue and UConn are simply juggernauts this season.

Moving screen was the correct call. I hate that the game ended like that and it looked legal from the first couple of replays the broadcast showed, but that’s a moving screen.

Paige Buecker had some words of humility to say after the game about the controversial call:

"I feel there were a lot of mistakes that I made that could have prevented that play from even being that big" Paige Bueckers

"Everybody can make a big deal of that one single play, but not one single play wins a basketball game or loses a basketball game," Bueckers said. "I feel there were a lot of mistakes that I made that could have prevented that play from even being that big."

Back
Top Bottom