NCAA Football 2013

Johnny Heisman really made a name for himself. Is this kid going to implode? A&M looks to be trying to become those new Miami.
Manziel has loads of talent, but he's certainly a bit of a punk. I think he's buying too much into his own hype and it's going to his head.

Manziel has loads of talent, but he's certainly a bit of a punk. I think he's buying too much into his own hype and it's going to his head.
Well they call you Johnny Football and give you the Heisman as a freshman. It would take a lot of character to not get too pompous in a situation like that.

25/27 for 356 yards, 4 TD and 1 rushing TD for redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston in his debut for the Seminoles.

Clemson is not surprisingly the big mover in the polls after the first week of action, up to #4/#5 (AP/Coaches'). Washington and Miami-FL move into the Coaches' Top 25 while Washington and Baylor join the AP Top 25.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings
Ohio State slipping a bit in the polls was kinda predictable. Playing Buffalo is almost a no win situation. Unless you win by 40 or more points, voters get upset.

And....down goes Florida :) It's been fun watching a couple of the SEC's top teams lose to the ACC these first two weeks.

The Buckeyes looked a little better yesterday. Heisman hopeful Braxton Miller went down with a sprained MCL in his left knee really early, but back-up QB Kenny Guiton led them to a 42-7 win over San Diego State. Reportedly, Miller is expected to play this Saturday at Cal. I hope so, because I saw Cal play last week and they have some talent.

I'm glad Michigan beat Notre Dame in their final home game of the series after the Irish decided to end a good rivalry.

Ugh, so Tennessee has Oregon this weekend at Oregon. I'm sad to say that they could put up 50 on my Vols:(

As an OU fan, I say ban OSU (Oklahoma State University) from the NCAA. :) Just kidding, but seriously, this isn't real news. College players all over the nation have been paid to play. If you consider the cost of the education, all of them except those walk-ons have more or less been paid to play. The rich alumnus will do just about anything to get players on their team and will go to extreme measures to do it quietly. This issue isn't going to go away anytime soon. It will only get worse...just remember JoPa.

As an OU fan, I say ban OSU (Oklahoma State University) from the NCAA. :) Just kidding, but seriously, this isn't real news. College players all over the nation have been paid to play. If you consider the cost of the education, all of them except those walk-ons have more or less been paid to play. The rich alumnus will do just about anything to get players on their team and will go to extreme measures to do it quietly. This issue isn't going to go away anytime soon. It will only get worse...just remember JoPa.
The pay-for-play isn't the most contemptible part. The grade-fixing, drug enabling, and prostituting of female students is, IMO.

I wonder if Braxton Miller will be good to go for Ohio State's first legitimate test of the season.

I'd rather have Guiton over Miller anyways. Guiton is more poised in the pocket and is a better passer. Miller is a better running threat than Guiton, but he's made of glass, and the last time I checked, QB was about passing, not running.

As a Michigan fan, I was almost pulling for Akron to win the way Michigan played.

Wisconsin was screwed hard yesterday, and not in a good way
That would have been an awesome upset.

Yeah, that was an absolute screwjob by the refs. I don't know how you can botch the end of the game that badly. Really rough day for the Big Ten.

Nope, he wasn't. But backup QB Kenny Guiton put on a show and they handled Cal pretty easily.
I'd rather have Guiton over Miller anyways. Guiton is more poised in the pocket and is a better passer. Miller is a better running threat than Guiton, but he's made of glass, and the last time I checked, QB was about passing, not running.
Yep, he played really well for sure. It sounds like Meyer wants to stick with Miller whenever he gets back though but also wants to find ways to put Guiton in the game a little. It sounds similar to the balance he had with Chris Leak and Tim Tebow back in '06. FAMU is a good opponent to experiment against.

Back
Top Bottom