New "what are you listening to thread"

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by #17D500winner, Mar 19, 2013.

1. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

2. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

I just love Avril Lavigne!

3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Otis Rush - RIP

4. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

I think bands make their best music as they age. The early stuff wasnt bad at all, but I enjoy this much more.

5. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

BobbyFord likes this.
  6. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

Really liking the latest from Disturbed, good stuff, especially the Duet of Sound of Silence with Myles Kennedy.

7. BobbyFord

lisa and Hotrod like this.
  8. BobbyFord

From the motherland...

9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

10. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

She's great!

11. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

I love this song! It has a good message and it gets the point across in a different way.

Hotrod likes this.
  12. Hotrod

Hotrod Team Owner

I admit I am a bit of a sucker for a good hook. I tripped up on this video on a youtube commercial.
    Something about the chorus has a 70's 80's sound like Bryan Adams meets Meatloaf. Anyhow - this
    is a new band from Europe.

13. Hotrod

Hotrod Team Owner

This is one of my all time favorite performances of the AOL Sessions series.

Clutch likes this.
  14. gone

gone Team Owner

Went down to our Makerspace and ended up talking to a guy who builds his own speakers. He showed me an interesting Dual Voice Coil (DVC) design that he was building... claimed high efficiency but I wasn't sure how well that would scale to his expectations - he was planning on getting full range with a DVC speaker that only measured about 6" by 9" in a ported box that was only about 10" by 14" by 9". He was going to demonstrate them, so I promised him to bring a couple of my favorite "test" records.

First I had him play "Peg" by Steely Dan (on a copy of their "Aja" album that I have in very good condition). That song usually makes anything that is better than cheap PC speakers sound good - and his DVC speakers did pretty well. But the bass did sound weak to me... the speaker builder is just twenty-something so he didn't know since he'd never heard the song before - made me feel old ("Peg" was a Top 10 hit in 1977).

Then I put on my copy of "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly (on a copy of their "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" album, also in very good condition). Yeah, his speakers fell down on the bass, but the lyrics came out remarkably close to being understandable (the singer was trying to say "In the garden of Eden").

Good fun to bring out the old vinyl and educate the youngsters sometimes!

15. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

My new favorite band. Bad ass.

Highway Tune by Greta Van Fleet

be9ak7ts16 likes this.
  16. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Hick

I happened upon this video a couple weeks ago. I cant find anything about them. GAWD I love this band.

17. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

18. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

19. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

20. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Greta Van Fleet
    A Change Is Going To Come

21. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner