New "what are you listening to thread"

I'm looking forward to the next two months. Nemesea's new album comes out this Friday. They've always been hit or miss for me in the past, but they've slowly matured with every new release, and I think they've finally hit on something legit here. Katatonia and Lacuna Coil are dropping albums at the end of May, and Be'Lakor is coming out with a new one at the end of June. I didn't realize they had signed with Napalm. I'm happy for them. :)

One of my absolute favorite Joe Bonamassa songs that isn't more hard core blues.

Unbroken

(off of his So It's Like That album)

Nice, catchy song. I've always liked Delain, and Charlotte Wessels is one of my favorite vocalists.

Fun little track right here. I had no clue who Gus G. was but clicked for Elize Ryd, the hottie who sings in Amaranthe. Apparently Gus plays with Ozzy. I looked up some of his other stuff, and yeah, he's pretty good.

Last edited:

This song has been in my head for a while now because I have a new battery saving app on my phone that asks me if I want to use "common save" or "power save". Of course, every time that question pops up and I see the "power save" button, I hear that line of this song with " in power save" in place of "a Powerslave". It's not a bad thing. It's a great song, from my all time favorite metal band.

By the way, I saw Iron Maiden on this tour and it was unbelievable!

I've been in one of my "dark country" moods. Rob Coffinshaker is like a "darker" Johnny Cash, imo. Nick 13 was a new one for me; I was familiar with his band Tiger Army, but not his solo country stuff.

Just bought both of these albums, and they're both pretty good. The second one in particular is growing on me like a disease. It's so quirky, but in a good way. The whole thing is about the singer's relationship with her estranged father.

My brother,Don, just died an hour or so ago. The last time I saw him, he and his wife were holding each other in his hospital bed with tears in their eyes while this song played on the radio in the room.

My home in the early 80's Lol
About time to hear it again. Everyone down here still sings along to it. :D

Last edited:
I didn't really listened to secular music, other than the country and oldies music that they played at work in the 90's, from like 1990-2005 or so, so I missed a lot of music that I am now discovering for the first time.

I never really heard The Offspring before, or paid any attention to them if I did. I heard this song on the way home from work last night and I loved it. The lyrics are right up my alley and the energy is awesome.

This song speaks to my soul. We all come up differently and in life we all go out different directions. Now in days though, the wrong things are being popularized. The same things that killed us are being celebrated...

Big K.R.I.T. is amazing...

Been listening to more Leaves' Eyes lately, and I was very disappointed to hear that Liv Kristine, the lead singer, has apparently been replaced by Elina Siirala. Band members come and go all the time, but this is pretty significant because Liv and Alexander Krull, the guy that does the growled vocals, are husband and wife. They started this band together. Their son is actually in a couple of their videos, including this one.

At first, the band was saying that it was an amicable split that they had mutually decided on back in January, but then Liv came out saying that everything was actually done behind her back in April, and she was only given one week's notice. That appears to be true according to a written statement that the band has released regarding the meeting that took place when they finalized the decision.

The whole thing has created a bunch of drama, and it's getting ugly. Many of their fans have naturally taken Liv's side, and now poor Elina is getting a bunch of hate that she doesn't deserve because she had nothing to do with any of it. The band quickly recorded a new video with Elina, and it has a ton of dislikes on it. That's a shame, because she's not bad looking at all, and more importantly, she's a solid singer.

I am listening to Alison Krauss- Ghost In This House

(I don't think I can post the video yet)

This album is so good. Who would have thought that the dude from Emperor would go on to make stuff like this?

:djspin: :partytime

Back
Top Bottom