New "what are you listening to thread"

I'm personally not as big of a fan of their new stuff like I was their older music, but they look like they're having fun with this video and that's all that matters. Not to mention, Hayley is still adorable.

A former coworker and buddy of mine used to be super into Paramore. For some reason, I remember that song being a lot worse the first time I heard it maybe a year or two ago. Listened to it again just now, and it's not bad.

This track isn't bad either. It rocks a little more, and I like how the video ends.

I took a chance on that Paramore album, and I like it so far. I was listening to it and this album at work today.

Also been listening to Anathema again lately. I've mentioned them before, but that post is long gone. I'm not normally into uplifting stuff like this, but this whole album is really good. These are my two favorite songs from it.

Skillet released a new album today. As with all bands, their music has changed and unfortunately they've went more pop. I do however enjoy this one. It's one of those songs that can really pump you up.

The only thing missing is a 27 yr old Robert Plant. The vocalist in the Bonamassa recording couldn't carry Plant's microphone.

I'm okay with Joe doing his own vocals for the most part but as far as him singing with a guest vocalist I really enjoy his stuff with Beth Hart.

During my Junior High years, I was actually a country music fan. Nickel Creek was one of the few country CD's that I actually owned. Here is probably my favorite song off of the album.

Three of my favorite metal bands, Delain, Epica, and Meshuggah, are all coming out with new albums over the next couple of months. Delain's album comes out this Friday, I believe. I've heard four tracks from it so far and really like every single one of them. I've already posted Suckerpunch on here somewhere, but here are two more songs.

@Mr. Gregory

The best part? The entire album was recorded live in studio. Meshuggah proves once again they are the gods of metal.

That's just one of several albums I'm looking forward to hearing over the next two months. I got that Delain album when it came out on Friday, and it's possibly their best one yet. Epica, Meshuggah, Alter Bridge, Opeth, Allegaeon, and even my girl Regina Spektor are all coming out with new stuff. There are others that I was looking at that I can't even remember now. Christmas is coming early. I can't friggin' wait, man. :D

I know @Benevolent One has spoken highly of Iron Maiden's newest album. I finally gave it a chance on Friday night, totally on a whim. I had never really listened to them extensively before, and I just thought the album was okay at first and kind of dismissed it. Something told me to play it again, and now I've listened to it three times this weekend. I love it. Every song is good. This is the opener.

...and so it begins. The new Ghost EP kicks off what should be an awesome next few weeks for me as far as music goes.

That's just one of several albums I'm looking forward to hearing over the next two months. I got that Delain album when it came out on Friday, and it's possibly their best one yet. Epica, Meshuggah, Alter Bridge, Opeth, Allegaeon, and even my girl Regina Spektor are all coming out with new stuff. There are others that I was looking at that I can't even remember now. Christmas is coming early. I can't friggin' wait, man. :D

I know @Benevolent One has spoken highly of Iron Maiden's newest album. I finally gave it a chance on Friday night, totally on a whim. I had never really listened to them extensively before, and I just thought the album was okay at first and kind of dismissed it. Something told me to play it again, and now I've listened to it three times this weekend. I love it. Every song is good. This is the opener.

Book of Souls is an absolutely amazing album. I've heard the new Opeth and I'm not that into it. People who were really into their last two albums will love it; fans who got into them because of albums like Morningrise and Orchid and weren't into Heritage or Pale Communion won't like this one either. I haven't listened to any of the new Delain songs; I love their first album that had Marco from Nightwish and Tarot all over it though. I'll have to give it a shot sometime.

On the rock/metal side I've been listening to the new Ghost, already posted by Mr. Gregory. And a good bit of Nightwish and Gallowbraid (@Mr. Gregory you'll probably really like them):

Book of Souls is an absolutely amazing album. I've heard the new Opeth and I'm not that into it. People who were really into their last two albums will love it; fans who got into them because of albums like Morningrise and Orchid and weren't into Heritage or Pale Communion won't like this one either. I haven't listened to any of the new Delain songs; I love their first album that had Marco from Nightwish and Tarot all over it though. I'll have to give it a shot sometime.

On the rock/metal side I've been listening to the new Ghost, already posted by Mr. Gregory. And a good bit of Nightwish and Gallowbraid (@Mr. Gregory you'll probably really like them):

Yeah man, I could listen to The Book of Souls all day.

So far, the only track I've heard from Opeth's newest album is "Will O The Wisp," and I like that one. I didn't care much for Heritage at all, but I thought Pale Communion was solid, and I like pretty much everything else they've ever done. They've fully embraced the prog rock thing, and I'm fine with that. They're still the same band as far as I'm concerned. I was listening to Blackwater Park again at some point over the summer, and I can totally see how they got from there to where they're at now.

I really like Delain. They have become a solid little band that has only improved with time. There isn't much intricacy to their guitar work, but that doesn't bother me at all. I've listened to Moonbathers a few times now, and I think it's their best album yet, which I also said about their last album. It took me a while to realize this, but what stands out for me with this one is actually the improved orchestral/keyboard work and the lyrics in songs like "Turn the Lights Out." They're surprisingly deep, for Delain, anyway.

I listened to a few minutes of Gallowbraid, and they sound a lot like Agalloch, who have sadly split up. I'll have to sit down and check 'em out. Not sure which Nightwish vocalist/era you prefer if any, but I thought their newest album was absolutely amazing. There are so many good songs on it, but "The Greatest Show on Earth" is probably the best symphonic metal song I have ever heard.

Yeah man, I could listen to The Book of Souls all day.

So far, the only track I've heard from Opeth's newest album is "Will O The Wisp," and I like that one. I didn't care much for Heritage at all, but I thought Pale Communion was solid, and I like pretty much everything else they've ever done. They've fully embraced the prog rock thing, and I'm fine with that. They're still the same band as far as I'm concerned. I was listening to Blackwater Park again at some point over the summer, and I can totally see how they got from there to where they're at now.

I really like Delain. They have become a solid little band that has only improved with time. There isn't much intricacy to their guitar work, but that doesn't bother me at all. I've listened to Moonbathers a few times now, and I think it's their best album yet, which I also said about their last album. It took me a while to realize this, but what stands out for me with this one is actually the improved orchestral/keyboard work and the lyrics in songs like "Turn the Lights Out." They're surprisingly deep, for Delain, anyway.

I listened to a few minutes of Gallowbraid, and they sound a lot like Agalloch, who have sadly split up. I'll have to sit down and check 'em out. Not sure which Nightwish vocalist/era you prefer if any, but I thought their newest album was absolutely amazing. There are so many good songs on it, but "The Greatest Show on Earth" is probably the best symphonic metal song I have ever heard.

The Opeth may grow on me. Heritage did, and I probably haven't given PC enough ear-time. All their older stuff just grabbed me right away though, even Damnation which was a huge departure from their signature style.

I like all eras of Nightwish. Tarja's voice was what hooked me so I'm a bit partial to her, but I really like all three female leads. And I can't leave Marco out; his vocals are amazing.

Nothing lately. The only thing I've really liked in say the past five years is Babymetal and Purson. Someone here turned me on to Purson and I thought their debut album was the best thing I've heard in twenty years. Still do.

Nothing lately. The only thing I've really liked in say the past five years is Babymetal and Purson. Someone here turned me on to Purson and I thought their debut album was the best thing I've heard in twenty years. Still do.
That was me. There's plenty of other good stuff out there, man. You just have to know where to look.

Not sure what specifically you're into, but retro rock like Purson has made a big comeback over the last few years. I've got endless recommendations, but if you like Purson, I would try Ghost, Kadavar, Blues Pills, and Blood Ceremony for starters.

Babymetal is pretty unique, but I think Blood Stain Child and Season of Ghosts also do the electronic/metal thing pretty well. BSC's vocals may turn you off, though. Amaranthe is just ehh. They have a good song here and there, and I love Elize Ryd, but overall I'm not a big fan.

Back
Top Bottom