New "what are you listening to thread"

The vast majority of people have no idea who these guys are but I absolutely love this band called Indigenous. The name is based on them being Native American.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

A lot of their stuff is heavier than this, but I just love the feel of this one in particular.

I think it was back in Jan. ,a couple months ago, I was in a youtube vortex that started with a
George Jones or Haggard/Emmylou duet (live). That took me to a Gram Parsons link. I always heard
bands say they were influenced by Parsons but I had not one clue what he did. 2 hours later
after reading his life story, playing old interviews , seeing videos of all the bands he was in, I was
amazed. A lot of his early childhood roots started here in my state of Ga which would end
26 years later at Joshua Tree. Do you know much about his story?
I had read about Parsons before but after seeing your post I did some more research.
I am a fan of Lucinda Williams and her performance of one of Gram's songs is what originally inspired me to read up on his musical career. This performance includes Presley guitarist James Burton and studio musician Doug Pettibone...

Old Country & Bluegrass.
Waylon & Willie.
George Strait & Jones!
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Jerry Jeff Walker
Johnny Cash
Darrel McCall
Johnny Bush

My favorite metal band ever. I have always thought that it was at once a crime and a sort of badge of honor among their fans that Iron Maiden has been so iconic and successful with virtually no play on the radio at all. I mean almost none! Think about it. We have a station in my area, rock 106.9 that plays a lot of really heavy stuff from Metallica to Avenged Sevenfold and a lot of 80's metal, Scorpions, you name it and I listen to it a lot. I honestly don't remember ever hearing even one Iron Maiden song on there. It seems to me like I might have heard Run To The Hills on there once but I might be wrong because they might not be able to play that one due to lyrical content.

I guess the lyrics aren't as bad as other stuff on the radio these days

Man Of Many Words by Joe Bonamassa. It is a cover of an old Buddy Guy song. I love Joe's interpretation of it.

I was hauled off to jail late last night with no one to post my bail. I rapped strong to the judge early this morning and the judge put the cops in jail. I rap strong and I know where I'm goin'. Come on mama let me turn you on.

Walk Away by
The James Gang

I wonder what he was talking about here...

Places I've known
Things that I'm growin'
Don't taste the same without you
Got myself in
The worst mess I been
And I find myself starting to doubt you

Walk Away by
The James Gang

I wonder what he was talking about here...

Places I've known
Things that I'm growin'
Don't taste the same without you
Got myself in
The worst mess I been
And I find myself starting to doubt you

I love this song. It was in Test Drive Unlimited, which is probably my favorite driving game of all time.

Linkin Park actually has a mainstream song, which is NOT a good thing. I am not a fan of the pop sound at all.
I never liked Lincoln Park much at all but their newer stuff is pretty much intolerable to me. It's like they forgot that they even have guitar players

I love this song. It was in Test Drive Unlimited, which is probably my favorite driving game of all time.

Joe Walsh is the man. He pretty much got his start playing in college bars in Kent, Ohio. That is my neck of the woods. I am from Akron but I worked in Kent for a few years.

Linkin Park actually has a mainstream song, which is NOT a good thing. I am not a fan of the pop sound at all.
I never liked Lincoln Park much at all but their newer stuff is pretty much intolerable to me. It's like they forgot that they even have guitar players

They were actually one of the first bands I got into when I started listening to music, back in my high school days. I loved their first album, Hybrid Theory, but it pretty much all went downhill from there. LOL. I listened to some of Meteora, but by the time it came out, I wasn't really into them anymore.

I just went on YouTube and listened to a couple of their newer songs, Heavy and Battle Symphony. They're definitely a pop group now, but for pop songs, I didn't think they were horrible at all. There's definitely worse stuff out there.

They were actually one of the first bands I got into when I started listening to music, back in my high school days. I loved their first album, Hybrid Theory, but it pretty much all went downhill from there. LOL. I listened to some of Meteora, but by the time it came out, I wasn't really into them anymore.

I just went on YouTube and listened to a couple of their newer songs, Heavy and Battle Symphony. They're definitely a pop group now, but for pop songs, I didn't think they were horrible at all. There's definitely worse stuff out there.

Battle Symphony aint bad, but I don't like Heavy. We'll see what the rest of the album holds. I'm much more of a rock guy, but there are a few pop songs that I enjoy.

Ha! It's by Nelly! I didn't realize that my phone auto corrected it to "Belly" until I had already posted it

George Harrison "The Unsung Beatle" if that is even possible. Everyone knows how legendary John Lennon and Paul McCartney were and even Ringo is extremely well known and has kind of a cult following but George Harrison was unquestionably the best actual musician in the group and it wasn't even close. John and Paul were amazing songwriters and their contributions to almost all forms of music are almost immeasurable but George added an awful lot to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom