New "what are you listening to thread"

That was me. There's plenty of other good stuff out there, man. You just have to know where to look.

Not sure what specifically you're into, but retro rock like Purson has made a big comeback over the last few years. I've got endless recommendations, but if you like Purson, I would try Ghost, Kadavar, Blues Pills, and Blood Ceremony for starters.

Babymetal is pretty unique, but I think Blood Stain Child and Season of Ghosts also do the electronic/metal thing pretty well. BSC's vocals may turn you off, though. Amaranthe is just ehh. They have a good song here and there, and I love Elize Ryd, but overall I'm not a big fan.
Actually, I've listened to Ghost's latest album... probably came out about almost two years ago, and it was pretty jammin'. I'm a huge King Diamond fan and his new album was like a vegetarian King Diamond album.

Insomnium and Allegaeon's new albums are both solid. Surprisingly, I might actually like the Allegaeon album a little more. Both bands are incredibly talented.

The new Epica, Opeth, and Regina Spektor albums come out tomorrow. In the meantime, I've been listening to Graveyard's album Hisingen Blues (the only one of theirs that I currently own) for the last couple of days. I've posted the title track on here before. Figures they would split up just as I'm really starting to get into them. :(

On the plus side, it looks like they have plenty of material for me to check out. The second song here is from their newest album.

Insomnium and Allegaeon's new albums are both solid. Surprisingly, I might actually like the Allegaeon album a little more. Both bands are incredibly talented.

The new Epica, Opeth, and Regina Spektor albums come out tomorrow. In the meantime, I've been listening to Graveyard's album Hisingen Blues (the only one of theirs that I currently own) for the last couple of days. I've posted the title track on here before. Figures they would split up just as I'm really starting to get into them. :(

On the plus side, it looks like they have plenty of material for me to check out. The second song here is from their newest album.

Nice dude. I've already got into Graveyard. My buddy is a huge Clutch fan and apparently, they're pretty tight at the gigs.

Just relaxing a bit:

Probably some of the best producers/instrumentalist out in Ohbliv, Dibia$e, Wun Two, and MUJO.

This was always my favorite song on Threat to Survival. It has such a real meaning, and I enjoyed that.

While on the topic, I might as well throw this song back out there. It's a classic of theirs and probably their most well known song.

I bought a bunch of new albums over the weekend and haven't even begun to get through them all. I just grabbed Sonata Arctica's new album today. I generally prefer their older stuff, but this album actually isn't bad at all. I really like their faster songs, like this one.

This is one of my favorite older tracks of theirs.

I cant believe I hadn't heard of these guys before. Awesome music.

Music lovers have the same relationship with Daughtry that they do with Nickelback. He's got many fans, but he also has many people who for some reason can not stand them. I don't listen to him religiously at all, but I do enjoy many of his songs.

Been jammin' to these dudes all night. :jamming:

@Greg, there are some fine women in the second video, although you can barely see them. LOL.

After my previous post, I decided to go to Walmart and buy a Daughtry CD. Turns out, this song is now my new song obsession. It always annoys me how songs with such positive messages are hardly heard. I almost feel like it'd help the world a bit if mainstream stations would play more songs like this.

Watched this girl on a local tv show down here today. Originally from Canada she lives here now (married a kiwi I believe)
I think this @BobbyFord might like her style.

So, Dark Tranquillity just came out with a new album this past Friday, and it's really, really good.

I've been listening to the new Metallica album. I love it; I didn't like the first single (Hardwired) at all, but the rest is great. Long songs, great riffs, good solos. Halo On Fire is amazing, one of their best imo.

It's technically not out until Friday, but there are copies out there in the wild.

Also been listening to the new Sirenia:

I just saw that this came out. Did they get another new vocalist? Geez. I kind of liked the last one.

I'll have to give this a listen. Sirenia has always been hit or miss for me, but their last album wasn't bad.

To celebrate their 25th anniversary of "Low End Theory", I have been playing A Tribe Called Quest non-stop featuring two of the greatest lyricists to even grip a mic in Phife Dog and Q-Tip. The energy of Phife and the smooth delivery of Tip with the Jazzy vibes of the heavy bass lines with the classic boom-bap style, "Where lets say the third track butter, its where you hear BOOM-BOOM-bap" (1/3 or 1/4 scales usually). A perfect mix of real bass mixed with new age technology, at the time, made this album legendary. Also, the energy was so positive with the explosion of "Gangsta" Rap in the late 80s' into the 90s', ATCQ really paved a way for themselves during this time. One of my favorite groups of all time.

This is there second album here in "Midnight Mauarders"... Both are amazing albums, they were really like the grandfathers of utilizing jazz samples in rap music. Honestly, if it was not for sampling in rap music... We would still hear the same BOOM-bap sound, as time progressed and technology advanced we hear sampling of just about anything and everything. Gang Starr, Digiable Planets, De La Soul, and ATCQ are the groups who really made sampling jazz records and mixing it in with drums and bass heavy music. Its always fun figuring out samples out they used... Anyways, enough of me enjoy the music and listen to the last ATCQ album "We Got It From Here... Thank you 4 your service". Its an incredible send off for a closed chapter in the history of rap music.

RIP Phife.

So, I didn't realize that The Naked And Famous came out with a new album last month. These are two good singles, but do I really want this album? Their last one had a couple of good singles too, and I ended up not liking the album as a whole. I dunno, man.

So, I didn't realize that The Naked And Famous came out with a new album last month. These are two good singles, but do I really want this album? Their last one had a couple of good singles too, and I ended up not liking the album as a whole. I dunno, man.

Thought about using spotify premium?

Thought about using spotify premium?
Nah man, I have Amazon Prime, so sometimes I can sample entire albums through them. If not, I just check on YouTube, and if I like what I hear, I buy it.

TNAF have always been hit or miss for me, like Lacuna Coil. I liked the 30 second samples I heard from this album, so I'll take a chance on them one last time. If I don't like it, no more.

I've been listening to both of these albums again during this nice little Thanksgiving break. These are two of my favorite tracks from them. The second one isn't the official video, because the album art has nekkid wimmins on the cover. :eek:

Throwing out some old school! I've never really been a fan of rap, but Eminem did put out several good songs. This was definitely one of my favorites of his.

I've been in a Lake of Tears mood lately. They've got some really great mellow songs, as well as riff-heavy metal songs.

I remember my old math teacher would always play music during class. To be honest, he was my favorite teacher all through high school and the music he played was one of the reasons why. 80% of the time, it was either Weezer or Taking Back Sunday.

I really wish I had access to a computer and was able to post a video on this thread right now. I would post Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe by Barry White. I have had that song in my head all day since I woke up with a horrible chest cold and I sound like Barry White when I talk right now. I was just listening to the song. It's still cool.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

I remember my old math teacher would always play music during class. To be honest, he was my favorite teacher all through high school and the music he played was one of the reasons why. 80% of the time, it was either Weezer or Taking Back Sunday.

I bet he was a favorite teacher

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Been listening to @BobbyFord's and @be9ak7ts16's favorite band all weekend, Thao & The Get Down Stay Down. I absolutely love their newest album, A Man Alive, which I've already posted a few songs from. Now I'm starting to make my way through their older stuff, and I'm digging it.

Back
Top Bottom