New "what are you listening to thread"

Demons - Sik World
I Don't Die - Joyner Lucas

...and lastly, Logic's album, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

Robert Glasper and Herbie Hancock:

This is amazing, I'm not going to post Tyler's older works on the forum. Just the maturity of this guy has been something to make this:

Very rooted in the 60s-70s with this... Simple, but hits me hard...

John Mellencamp ‘Scarecrow’

Amazing song & Amazing album. I feel he was at his absolute best at the moment this record was made.

G-Eazy dropped some new music yesterday, and it was nothing short of brilliant. My favorite is "Demons & Angels."

If you’re going to sing about drugs and murder, an accordion is a must.

That's a real "who's who" on that 2014 Austin City Limits stage. Maines on the pedal steel was fantastic, they
all were in their own way. David Grissom (first guitar solo) has quite the ax as well. Also a
lot of Texas roots on that stage.

****** Pulled this from youtube comments *****

For those who are asking (l. to r.):
Lloyd Maines on steel guitar
Brittany Howard
Sheryl Crow
Doyle Bramhall (behind Sheryl Crow)
David Grissom (behind Doyle Bramhall)
Jimmie Vaughan
Robert Earl Keen (in the hat)
Joe Ely
Bonnie Raitt
Gary Clark Jr. (behind Bonnie Raitt)
Jeff Bridges
Rich Brotherton (accoustic guitar)
Riley Osborn (keyboard)
Glenn Fukunaga (bass)
Tom Van Schaik (drums)

Okie girl. Her dad and mom worked for the same trucking company I worked for. She was competing to win one of those talent shows at the time, and all of us voted for her and with along with plenty of others she won.

The great Jimmy Page's song that he composed. Some say it is the greatest song of all time.

Don't leave Plant out of that. :cool:

Cool too see Bonham's son in on that. What a loss that was..... Greatest of all time IMO.

Was listening to my Zeppelin Spotify Channel just the other day.

Lots of people have heard of Jimmy Page.
What other great musical accomplishments were achieved by the band, Spirit?
So it's okay to rip off a lessor known band if you're a superstar?

As for what Spirit accomplished, they did have a handful of charted singles and albums. Not as much success as Led Zeppelin, but they were a nationally known band (which is significant considering the competition). But you could research and answer your own questions if you tried just a little...

So it's okay to rip off a lessor known band if you're a superstar?

As for what Spirit accomplished, they did have a handful of charted singles and albums. Not as much success as Led Zeppelin, but they were a nationally known band (which is significant considering the competition). But you could research and answer your own questions if you tried just a little...
I already know the story.

I believe the finding was that Zep didn’t rip the Spirit.
The finding was that Spirit couldn't prove that Zep copied its song, despite how similar they are, because it couldn't prove "access" or what another artist might hear or do if or when it heard another artist's work.

The finding does not make it okay for superstars to rip off other artists' work. But it does make it easier for them to do it legally, since it sets a precedence.

The finding was that Spirit couldn't prove that Zep copied its song, despite how similar they are, because it couldn't prove "access" or what another artist might hear or do if or when it heard another artist's work.

The finding does not make it okay for superstars to rip off other artists' work. But it does make it easier for them to do it legally, since it sets a precedence.
My opinion is that nothing was stolen.

My opinion is that nothing was stolen.
Fine. My opinion (as well as others) is that something was stolen.
But I can see how you'd arrive at that, since today it's PC to do whatever you want if you have the power and money to get law enforcers to see things your way...

Fine. My opinion (as well as others) is that something was stolen.
But I can see how you'd arrive at that, since today it's PC to do whatever you want if you have the power and money to get law enforcers to see things your way...
I can see that you seem bitter.

Back
Top Bottom