NFL 2017-2018

Disagree with the comparison. I think the Eagles are still good enough to win games and go deep in the playoffs.

Oakland -- vintage Jack Del Rio. One good year on the back of one player. And when that player got hurt, the whole season fell apart. Just like what happened with Del Rio's Jaguars in 2010.
I would say Foles is definitely better than Connor Cook, who took over for Carr last year. I don't think he's good enough to take Philly to the SB though.

I would say Foles is definitely better than Connor Cook, who took over for Carr last year. I don't think he's good enough to take Philly to the SB though.

Super Bowl, maybe not. But they could go deep in the playoffs still. Foles led the Eagles to a win against the Los Angeles Rams which is a playoff team.

Typical Steeler -vs- anybody match-ups as of late. 46 yard field goal, 42 seconds left. Boswell scores late to clinch the victory. He usually makes it more dramatic by waiting until he can do it with time expiring but we gotta take what we can get. I've never felt more uneasy or less confident about an 11-2 team in my life. I only hope that they continue to play down or hopefully play up to their opponents securing a victory the rest of the season.

2 point game with three and a half to go
This kind of stuff is the reason that Steelers fans are watching the fourth night game in a row. If they are going to continue to schedule all these Steelers games at night, start making exceptions and move them to Saturday. After four, these Friday, Monday, Tuesday & again Monday mornings are rough. :mad: I can not remember a time in this sport where a team played that many successive night games in the NFL.

It is confirmed Carson Wentz tore his ACL done for the year

That sucks big time. However, Foles is a good QB, so the season is far from over for the Eagles IMO.
Eagles are still a strong team we survived a lot of big injuries so far. And I have faith that Nick can play solid for us.

Well, that sucks. Watched the game yesterday. Saw the play. Didn't think that he was hurt to that extent. Backup stepped up. I hope that they can continue to have success until they meet Pittsburgh.

I can't wait for Pittsburgh vs. New England this upcoming weekend. That will tell the story of the AFC Championship TBH -- if Jacksonville doesn't steamroll Pittsburgh again that is. How is this not the Sunday Night Football matchup though? Guess we need to see an unimportant game between Dallas and Oakland instead.

I can't wait for Pittsburgh vs. New England this upcoming weekend. That will tell the story of the AFC Championship TBH -- if Jacksonville doesn't steamroll Pittsburgh again that is. How is this not the Sunday Night Football matchup though? Guess we need to see an unimportant game between Dallas and Oakland instead.
Pittsburgh and New England will still be nationally televised. The cowboys game does have playoff implications.

This week will only determine home field in the playoffs for the next version of this match-up. As a Steelers fan, it sure would be great to see it come back to Pittsburgh.

Schedules were made at the end of last season, based off of last season. Dallas was 13-3. Oakland 12-4. That made it look like a good prime-time game. Personally I'm glad to see a 4 o'clock game for a change.

I initially thought this was going to be a really great matchup, but after watching Pittsburgh play last night, not so sure. Steelers looked very beatable, two weeks in a row they had to pull out last minute victories. Pats defense along with their stout offense will win this one pretty easily. Sorry dp, but unless the Pats lose Brady they are SB bound.

I initially thought this was going to be a really great matchup, but after watching Pittsburgh play last night, not so sure. Steelers looked very beatable, two weeks in a row they had to pull out last minute victories. Pats defense along with their stout offense will win this one pretty easily. Sorry dp, but unless the Pats lose Brady they are SB bound.
Oh, like I said in an earlier post. I'm definitely uneasy about this team but at the same time, they do what they've got to do to win. I've been ready to write them off several times but here we are one of only two, probably three after tonight, 11-2 teams. Our defense is hurting after suffering such a huge loss against Cincinnati. Hopefully they can rise to the occasion this coming Sunday.

Jacksonville might be the only team that can prevent the inevitable Patriots Super Bowl victory. Blake Bortles is playing much better than he was even a few weeks ago. Going toe-to-toe with Russell Wilson in December and coming away with the win is impressive.

A few weeks ago, I thought the NFC was the better conference by a mile. But lately, it's starting to look like the team that wins the NFC Championship is going to be the team that has enough players standing in the end.

Patriots will win it all as usual -- unless Jacksonville goes to the AFC Championship and can pull off the upset. I don't think they will though.

Wouldn't count out the Carolina Panthers either right now. They're looking unbeatable like they did two years ago. Which sucks because all the Panthers fans who boycotted the NFL are pounding again.

I'll have to go with New Orleans as the NFC team to beat and if Rodgers comes back this week for GB, things could change quickly in the NFC. I just don't see Carolina being a consistent enough team to go deep in the playoffs, but if Rodgers can come back this week and play well, GB could be a dark horse.

A few weeks ago, I thought the NFC was the better conference by a mile. But lately, it's starting to look like the team that wins the NFC Championship is going to be the team that has enough players standing in the end.

Patriots will win it all as usual -- unless Jacksonville goes to the AFC Championship and can pull off the upset. I don't think they will though.

Wouldn't count out the Carolina Panthers either right now. They're looking unbeatable like they did two years ago. Which sucks because all the Panthers fans who boycotted the NFL are pounding again.
If Steelers get home field advantage it's all over.

If Steelers get home field advantage it's all over.

Home field advantage.

jags-steelers.png

The a**hole "Fans" who threw stuff at Quinton Jefferson have been banned from attending games in the future.

Amazingly, NO suspensions for the Seachickens. Michael Bennett tried to injure players because he couldn't take the L. They might as well get rid of all rules and let it be the wild west.

CBS protected NE/Pitt.

Back
Top Bottom