NFL 2017-2018

Looking ahead much?

Not looking good for the Pats when they have back-to-back road games with a short week.

The ******* "Fans" who threw stuff at Quinton Jefferson have been banned from attending games in the future.

Amazingly, NO suspensions for the Seachickens. Michael Bennett tried to injure players because he couldn't take the L. They might as well get rid of all rules and let it be the wild west.

Bennett is Seattle's Man of the Year nominee. LOL.

Seahawks always get the benefit of the doubt for whatever reason.

This game is a perfect example of what happens when you get consistent pressure on Brady. When you collapse the pocket and get him out of his comfort zone, he becomes ineffective. Obviously he's a great QB and his numbers/accomplishments speak for themselves, but I've always thought he was overrated.

This game is a perfect example of what happens when you get consistent pressure on Brady. When you collapse the pocket and get him out of his comfort zone, he becomes ineffective. Obviously he's a great QB and his numbers/accomplishments speak for themselves, but I've always thought he was overrated.
5 rings would significantly discredit that statement.

5 rings would significantly discredit that statement.

I get it. Like I said, a great QB, but playing on the best team with the best coach in the same system his whole career. You couldn't ask for a better situation.

Just look at the year he missed with an injury. Matt freakin Cassel went in there and the Pats still went 11-5. Cassel, at the time, was a guy with ZERO experience who hadn't played since high school (he was a backup in college). He put up numbers similar to Brady that year, got traded the next year, and was mediocre (at best) the rest of his career. Compare that to the Colts with Manning, they won 12 games every year, then look what happens when Manning gets hurt......they went 2-14.

I get it. Like I said, a great QB, but playing on the best team with the best coach in the same system his whole career. You couldn't ask for a better situation.

Just look at the year he missed with an injury. Matt freakin Cassel went in there and the Pats still went 11-5. Cassel, at the time, was a guy with ZERO experience who hadn't played since high school (he was a backup in college). He put up numbers similar to Brady that year, got traded the next year, and was mediocre (at best) the rest of his career. Compare that to the Colts with Manning, they won 12 games every year, then look what happens when Manning gets hurt......they went 2-14.
They have a good system, the best coach and GM in the business, they should of gone 11-5 with Cassell.

They have a good system, the best coach and GM in the business, they should of gone 11-5 with Cassell.

That's exactly my point. They went from the supposed greatest QB ever, to an average QB with no experience, and they barely missed a beat.

The other really great QB's carried their teams. Manning, Elway, Marino, Montana, Young, Unitas, Favre, Rodgers, etc. could escape pressure and still make a play. Brady seems to be #1 on everybody's list ahead of all those guys I mentioned, but those guys weren't ineffective when the pocket breaks down. Brady can't move around well enough to make a play when he gets pressured, he either takes the sack or throws an inaccurate pass. Look at the advanced stats out there, or just watch the games when he doesn't have all day to throw and you'll see what I mean.

I'm sure almost everyone will disagree with my opinion, and that's fine. I'm not saying he isn't great, I just think there were other QBs who were better.

That's exactly my point. They went from the supposed greatest QB ever, to an average QB with no experience, and they barely missed a beat.

The other really great QB's carried their teams. Manning, Elway, Marino, Montana, Young, Unitas, Favre, Rodgers, etc. could escape pressure and still make a play. Brady seems to be #1 on everybody's list ahead of all those guys I mentioned, but those guys weren't ineffective when the pocket breaks down. Brady can't move around well enough to make a play when he gets pressured, he either takes the sack or throws an inaccurate pass. Look at the advanced stats out there, or just watch the games when he doesn't have all day to throw and you'll see what I mean.

I'm sure almost everyone will disagree with my opinion, and that's fine. I'm not saying he isn't great, I just think there were other QBs who were better.
Never said he was mobile, but you build a team to suit that characteristic or shortcoming and well you have a team that's been dominant since 2001. I'll take Brady over Montanna, Rodgers, Brees, and Marino. The game on the line, SB less than 2 minutes to go ....I'll take Brady every time. Not saying all those other guys aren't great, they are, but Brady is better. Maybe because I saw him up close living here in New England I think he's better, of course I'm biased. If he wins a 6th ring I don't think there will be any doubt he is the GOAT.

Never said he was mobile, but you build a team to suit that characteristic or shortcoming and well you have a team that's been dominant since 2001. I'll take Brady over Montanna, Rodgers, Brees, and Marino. The game on the line, SB less than 2 minutes to go ....I'll take Brady every time. Not saying all those other guys aren't great, they are, but Brady is better. Maybe because I saw him up close living here in New England I think he's better, of course I'm biased. If he wins a 6th ring I don't think there will be any doubt he is the GOAT.

I can't argue against it. "You are what your record says you are." He has the numbers and the rings. Lots of people think he's the best, and I really can't say they are wrong, I just don't believe it personally. His 5 rings are a product of the system IMO. One things for sure, it's not Brady's fault he ended up in such a great situation, so you can't really fault him for it.

That being said, I think if you put Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson on the Browns, they are instantly a borderline playoff team. I think if you put Brady on the Browns, they would be lucky to win 5 games. Obviously there's no way to know, but that's what I think would happen in the "make believe" NFL :D

I can't argue against it. "You are what your record says you are." He has the numbers and the rings. Lots of people think he's the best, and I really can't say they are wrong, I just don't believe it personally. His 5 rings are a product of the system. One things for sure, it's not Brady's fault he ended up in such a great situation, so you can't really fault him for it.

That being said, I think if you put Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson on the Browns, they are instantly a borderline playoff team. I think if you put Brady on the Browns, they would be lucky to win 5 games. Obviously there's no way to know, but that's what I think would happen in the "make believe" NFL :D
I think Rodgers is the closest to Brady, he's more mobile, but football intelligence the two are probably the smartest QBs ever.

On any given Sunday..... Or Monday in this case..... I can't help but smile to see the Pats loss to the mighty Dolphins.

Of course, it didn't help to have Gronk sitting @ home watching from his couch. I wonder if he and Smith-Schuster ordered pizza and wings to take in the game?

I never thought that would happen. Hopefully Pittsburgh was taking some notes.

I hear this morning that the Pats are 36-3 the week after a loss since 2004. That's a pretty incredible stat.

I saw where Brady is only 7-9 at Miami in his career, pretty crazy considering Miami hasn't really had many good seasons since the Brady-Belichick era began.

I saw where Brady is only 7-9 at Miami in his career, pretty crazy considering Miami hasn't really had many good seasons since the Brady-Belichick era began.

Lots of long faces around here,,Too bad, so sad.:XXROFL:

I'm telling you watch out for GB, they get in the playoffs they could go deep. Rodgers can carry that team big time.

Another ****** television schedule for Sunday.

And the playoffs destined Jacksonville Jaguars still only being shown in a few markets. Never seen a team so disrespected by a league.

It it works out that the Detroit vs Green Bay is for a wildcard spot and Green Bay wins, I'll probably quit watching the sport. Okay, probably not...but those Packers always ruin our chances.

The Jaguars are playing well, but they definitely don't have much of a fan base. They are doing all they can to change that by playing well. If they keep winning, people will eventually jump on the bandwagon. If they somehow do get to the Superbowl, this maybe be one of the least watched Superbowls in recent history, especially if they go against the Rams or Minnesota.

The Jaguars are a solid team, but I have a hard time getting into their games.

Regardless, the only team in the NFL to not get a primetime game and not be featured nationally is going to the playoffs, and they still aren't getting any respect from the NFL.

At this point, aside from being a fan and wanting them to win it all anyway, I want Goodell to have to hand the Lombardi to Blake Bortles. He'll pull a Brian France, just hand it to him and walk away disgraced.

I'm sick of the league and the networks disrespecting this team and ****mouthing us (Jags fans). It's gone on for years and years and years.

And the playoffs destined Jacksonville Jaguars still only being shown in a few markets. Never seen a team so disrespected by a league.
Have more than 1 winning season and maybe you get on tv more?

FB_IMG_1513390939061.jpg

Have more than 1 winning season and maybe you get on tv more?

The purpose of Thursday Night Football was to give EVERY team a primetime game. Jacksonville is the only team in the NFL not to get one. Even Cleveland, who has won one game in the last two years, gets that.

So no. The NFL just hates the Jags and the fans. If I wasn't a Jags fan, I'd be rooting for them to win the Super Bowl for the same reason I was cheering for Tom Brady and the Patriots last year - to see the NFL have to eat their crow.

The fact that they're playing a 4-9 Houston team that's down to their 3rd-string quarterback might have something to do with that. Probably won't be too compelling of a game. If they were facing another playoff-bound team this weekend, I'm sure they'd have more national exposure.

Back
Top Bottom