NFL 2019-2020

Rivers is sundowning.

3gsvog.jpg

Seven losses all by one possession. North Carolina Tar Heels of the NFL.

Rivers threw zero picks in exactly two of those games.

Mahomes isn't so explosive when he doesn't have so many weapons around him.

He did fine, was patient, and didn't try to take more than was there tonight. Like the booth said, he played like the veteran QB. Not so many weapons is understating it. Their only weapons are out or hobbled.

Man I got worked up with my Rivers hate last night. It's just been so frustrating to watch him play since roughly 2011. I find it entertaining and comical now, since I'm used to it, that's the only way I've been able to watch him play without getting high blood pressure.

I was a believer of Philip from about 2006-2009, his accuracy and efficiency was top 3 in the league, Rivers was always at his best when the Chargers still had a running game with LT, the play-action passing was deadly to Gates VJack Sproles as his emergency dumpoff. Once the running game was gone, and all of the weight went onto his shoulders becoming a predominantly passing team, things went South. Flash forward to last year 2018, and a successful Gordon Ekeler running game year, and he plays well, Gordon hurts his knee, then holdsout, and again they start to struggle.

I think the thing that bothers me most is the narrative that Chargers are a bad team with a hall-of-fame quarterback leading them, like Rivers is the one getting screwed over, when he's part of the problem and has been for a long while. I'm ready for a change honestly, as a fan, I'm just tired of watching him, it's the same story over and over again.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I always wonder what would have happened with the Chargers organization if AJ Smith hadn't drafted Eli. Maybe they'd still be in San Diego with a Superbowl ring if the plug hadn't been pulled on Brees prematurely. Maybe Brees never fully blossoms as a Charger, tough to say. I really liked Brees, but I also liked young version Rivers.

The owner and not having a homefield advantage is a whole separate problem. Spanos can shove it.

I like coach Lynn (I hope he doesn't get the axe), maybe he puts in Tyrod to see what he can do in the last couple games, once they're mathematically eliminated from playoffs.

Rivers/Chargers thoughts...

Rivers needs to be more of a game manager IMO. He's still one of the better QBs in the league, but not forcing him into situations where he has to throw the ball 40 to 50 times a game is no longer plausible.

This years saints run is dedicated to @Johali

@Mr Excitement your niners look pretty good.

The next three games the 49ers opponents are a combined 28 - 6.:eek: We have a ton of injuries including six key starters and our FG kicker who will not be playing this weekend. I'll be happy if we can win one of the next three and I think I think the best chance for that win will be against the Packers on Sunday night.

The next three games the 49ers opponents are a combined 28 - 6.:eek: We have a ton of injuries including six key starters and our FG kicker who will not be playing this weekend. I'll be happy if we can win one of the next three and I think I think the best chance for that win will be against the Packers on Sunday night.

Kill the pack and make DP sad...lol

Rivers needs to be more of a game manager IMO. He's still one of the better QBs in the league, but not forcing him into situations where he has to throw the ball 40 to 50 times a game is no longer plausible.

He'd be efficient again on a run heavy team that has a defensive minded coach. Just never as the first option to carry the team. Throw it only 25 to 30 times a game, play-action dropback to keep the pass rush off of him.

The NFL claims they have no recorded audio of the dust up. Not a good look for Garrett or the NFL to not have audio recorded at the time.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...o-recorded-sound-from-the-field-in-cleveland/

Not digging the race card being played either by Garrett, if it was a Frudian slip of that nature, then it should be addressed. I understand Garrett's fustration, but until actual proof comes along, he's a dead duck until then.

Back
Top Bottom