NFL 2023-2024

SHOW TAY TAY’S REACTION TO THAT, NBC.
They run everything in the ground even the best things like the Hells Bells riff

Tay Tray will be all broke up by the end of the month and then you will have to be bothered by the little lady sanging about how it is all over now, so all over now but the crying.

Zach Wilson played an excellent quarter of football and was let down repeatedly by teammates. The Jets' issues are teamwide. A lot of talent, but an absence of discipline across the board.

NY might not win, but as a Detroit fan who's been through so much frustration, seeing this really warms my heart. Those fans looked absolutely miserable in the first quarter, so seeing them enjoy themselves is great.

It’s really what makes football stand out from other sports. A few bad calls can have major implications on the end result.
This happens way too often, when Mahomes makes a terrible decision on third down or fourth down. Then, suddenly, there’s a soft asf penalty that bails the Chiefs out.

Kansas City gets the favoritism people claimed Tom Brady got.

This happens way too often, when Mahomes makes a terrible decision on third down or fourth down. Then, suddenly, there’s a soft asf penalty that bails the Chiefs out.

Kansas City gets the favoritism people claimed Tom Brady got.
Which is dumb, because most of the time they don’t need it. But it seems far too often in these marginal situations they wind up getting the benefit of the doubt or straight up phantom calls.

There was literally a massive offensive hold on Mahomes’s sprint down the field, and the only thing that got called was an illegal contact that tacked five more yards onto the end of the run.

I'm a Chiefs fan, so take it for what it's worth, but I'm also not an insane conspiracy theorist, and I also like the Jets and feel bad for them after a gutsy effort. It wasn't a phantom hold. There is what could be called a legitimate holding infraction on the play, and it did impede the intended receiver significantly. Whether it was minor enough to be let go under a "let them play" ethic is debatable. But it wasn't made up out of thin air.

The Jets looked like they were rallying around Wilson, and Saleh was fighting mad. I hope they pound the Broncos next week and get the ship righted. I like what Mahomes told Wilson after the game that was caught on the hot mic: "Play like that all year, you've got the ****** talent."

That said, yes there should have been an offensive hold against the Chiefs on the 3 and 22. On the other side, the horse collar tackle penalty against the Chiefs was not correct and was massively influential on a Jets TD drive, and the safety was quite possibly not a safety by rule due to where the facemask pull started. Refs miss calls, and a lot of them impact the outcome. Happens every week across the league unfortunately.

IMG_4702.jpeg

Which is dumb, because most of the time they don’t need it. But it seems far too often in these marginal situations they wind up getting the benefit of the doubt or straight up phantom calls.

There was literally a massive offensive hold on Mahomes’s sprint down the field, and the only thing that got called was an illegal contact that tacked five more yards onto the end of the run.

I was actually surprised to see the refs call holding on the Chiefs offense as much as they did. They're usually blind to that. Mahomes also gets away with grounding A LOT, and may have gotten away with one there in that drive. The man he claimed he was throwing to couldn't have been farther away if he was hanging out with Taylor Swift in the skybox.

They’re not gonna call shoving a guy after a play directly in front of the ref? Huhhh.

Every Jaguars game I watch, I end up screaming at the TV because the refs will stand there and watch a defender lead with his helmet and drill Trevor Lawrence after he's released the ball.

Every. Freaking. Game.

There was another play in the Atlanta/Jacksonville game where, after the receiver was tackled, everybody was getting back up and the Atlanta receiver headbutted a Jacksonville defender. Didn't even get called out by ESPN's piss poor coverage. I'm not sure if it was intentional or just an unintentional thing that happened, but that should've been called regardless.

Of course, I've been saying for years that offense should be getting called more often for personal fouls.

My takeaways from having now seen every team play:

Arizona Cardinals should probably stick with Dobbs at QB.
Atlanta Falcons would be a good team if Desmond Ridder didn't suck.
Baltimore Ravens ... Can Lamar Jackson stay healthy and play on this level all season?
Buffalo Bills probably gonna win the division.
Carolina Panthers are completely hopeless. Tepper's a ****** moron.
Chicago Bears ... LOL
Cincinnati Bengals have bigger problems than Joe Burrow's calf injury.
Cleveland Browns are still the Browns.
Dallas Cowboys ... same story every year, look like Super Bowl contenders early...
Denver Broncos ... What a mess.
Detroit Lions ... Probably gonna win their division and make a deep playoff run.
Green Bay Packers ... At least Rodgers passed ownership of the Bears down to Love before leaving.
Houston Texans might actually be good. Division may come down to them and Indy.
Indianapolis Colts ... Richardson is playing better than the stats suggest, getting Taylor back next week.
Jacksonville Jaguars ... Offensive line is so bad you could get better protection out of a broken condom.
Kansas City Chiefs ... Honestly don't look that good, but they'll keep getting bailed out in close games so it doesn't matter.
Las Vegas Raiders ... Josh McDaniels is an idiot.
Los Angeles Chargers ... Brandon Staley is the luckiest man in the league.
Los Angeles Rams need a rebuild but have a coach with a "win now" mentality which stands in the way.
Miami Dolphins will be fine if Tua stays healthy.
Minnesota Vikings need to start thinking about which QB to draft.
New England Patriots ... I love seeing Bellichick struggle.
New Orleans Saints ... I hate this franchise so much. Do they think this is a goon league?
New York Giants ... no opinion.
New York Jets ... If Zach Wilson plays like he did yesterday, they'll be fine without Rodgers.
Philadelphia Eagles look damn good as usual.
Pittsburgh Steelers ... Tomlin always surpasses expectations. But this year ain't looking good.
San Francisco 49ers might be the best team in the NFL at this point.
Seattle Seahawks ... haven't seen them play, can't judge.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be fine with Mayfield.
Tennessee Titans can win a lot of games when Henry's involved.
Washington Commanders look really good actually.

Back
Top Bottom